“Friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend an event in downtown Chicago, but couldn't afford a downton hotel. Abed and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Complimentary shuttle to O'hare Airport, where you can catch a Blue Line train into town. We missed the shuttle coming back, and had to take a taxi to get back in time. Abed reimbursed us for part of the taxi fare since the shuttle had been running a little off schedule. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your posting! We love hearing about our associates making guest happy, please know that Abed will be recognized! We have made a slight change with regards to airport transportation, there is a $5.00 fee per person, per trip - still a great deal, as no other hotel in our immediate area offer the same airport service/frequency that we do!

We hope you'll be visiting us again soon, thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Please regard this letter as my sincere thank you for the absolutely exceptional service and care I received by your complete staff during my stay at the Holiday Inn from September 10-13, 2013. Elizabeth and Marlene at the front desk were extremely hospitable during my stay including providing information for shuttle services as well as recommendations for local restaurants. As a very limited business traveler, I felt very welcomed by every member of your staff including the front desk, shuttle drivers (including airport), food service staff, etc. which made my stay very enjoyable. Rarely do I have an opportunity to write a letter of this type although the service and real caring demonstrated by your staff was so exceptional that I wanted to communicate this fantastic effort by your staff to you. It is a credit to your staff and yourself to hire and train employees of such exceptional quality especially in these times of great competition to go out of their way to accommodate their guests. I look forward to my next business trip to Chicago. Again I thank you and your staff very much!

Room Tip: Book in advance and request non-smoking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words! We feel fortunate that you took the time to write us about your comments, and are very happy to see you had a great experience with us.

Please know that your posting will be shared with not only Marlene and Elizabeth, but the entire team.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had to stay at this hotel because I was attending a seminar. When I made the reservation over the phone, they told me there was no special rate for the seminar, and no AAA rate. They also told me there were no more king rooms available except for smoking rooms. SMOKING ROOMS? What hotels still have smoking rooms? I had to take a full rate two "queen" bedded room. I arrived late and tired and was told my room was in the back on the ground floor. Traveling as a single women I asked if it was possible to get a higher floor. Was told no, the hotel is sold out. So down a dark depressing hallway I went, turned down another depressing hallway to my room. The queen sized beds seemed the size of a twin, the drapes on the window opened up to reveal cars parked right up against it because that's how close I was to the parking lot. But the worst thing was the smell. It may have been sold as a non smoking room now, but for sure it had seen plenty of smoke in its day. As tired as I was, I did not sleep at all.
The next day,I made a pest of myself every time there was a break in the lecture to ask about having my room changed. By 4pm they were able to switch me to a high floor king room. Same depressing, mustered colored hallways and a broken chest of drawers that looked like it came from a yard sale in 1960. If I was paying $50.00 a night, maybe I would have bitten the bullet but for $140.00 a night, I am not happy to say the least. I will say that the young man at the front desk named Emmanule was very nice, as well as helpful. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Hello,

We are extremely saddened to see this posting, and are hoping to speak with you directly about it. I have sent you a private email (9/24) with hopes you'll reply so we can discuss and hopefully come to a resolution.
This certainly does not sound like our mission of being the "cleanest and friendliest" hotel (and we apprecaite you recognizing Emanuelle's great service).
I'll look forward to your reply.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Due to an airline delay, the airline put me up here for the night. Not having any say in the matter, and already disgruntled and without baggage, I wasn't expecting much. In the end, the staff at the hotel were amazing. Starting with Frank, our airport shuttle driver, who got all of us stranded passengers laughing and in a better mood. The kitchen staff stayed open after normal closing to feed us late, and the front desk staff, with a great sense of humor, processed our check-ins while we were eating dinner. I hope I'm not stuck at ORD again, but if I am, I'm going to book the Holiday Inn -- as long as the staff stay so fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your posting, we love to hear about our assoicates! Please know that Frank and the entire team will see your comments. We're sorry to hear the reason for your stay, but are glad to have another happy customer. Please come see us again under better circumstances!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great place to stay and do business. Clean, quite rooms. Great breakfast and shuttle service. Always there when you needed them. Have been here 2 weeks on business and the staff has been very accommodating! Thank you for a good stay. Will be at the top of the list when back in town!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Wonderful, we're happy to have been your "home away from home" for two weeks! Glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. Thank you for your posting, we look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Three generations took a weekend trip to Chicago to take in a baseball game. We wanted to stay in the suburbs, and use the hotel as our "home base". It worked perfectly. Some trips were north of hotel, some were south, we were somewhat in the middle!
Got a GREAT deal through Entertainment.com which more than made up for the extra gas we used to get around Chicago. With toddlers in tow, eating on-site made it much easier and less stressful. And kids eat free. Both breakfasts were good and served quickly.. Had dinner first night at hotel at Shelby's Almost Famous. We were starving after traveling all day and sight-seeing all afternoon. Our waitress was wonderful, and the food was good and there was plenty of it..
All in all, nothing to complain about. Couldn't even hear the planes that went overhead occasionally. Beds were comfy, rooms clean, and the entire staff was friendly, helpful and gracious.
We will stay here again for our next family baseball trip. Everyone was extremely satisfied. Thanks for making our weekend one to remember.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

It sounds like we hit a home run! Thank you for your posting, it sounds like you had a great family event, and we're thrilled that you chose us as your home base! Please keep us in mind for your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was so impressed with the architecture and the decor. The lobby was bright and spacious and there was plenty of nice seeting and windows to in the lobby to wait for the shuttle drivers. I was here for training, not always the most fun, but all the staff here made it quite pleasant. I had a little trouble navigating the hotel shuttle system at OHare and was worried about getting on the wrong shuttle. Before I even arrived, I talked to Jeff at the front desk several times. He set the tone for a great visiit for me because he was kind and had a pleasant humor---he never grew impatient with my checking and rechecking that I had not been left! Guenter and Arnes, the shuttle drivers, could not have been nicer! Thanks to Jack, the night clerk, who directed me to trip adviser to leave these remarks when I asked were I might find a comment card.

The pool and steam room were a pleasant surprise, and they have a beautiful location for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

We love hearing about our staff living our mission to be the cleanest and freindliest hotel in Chicago! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! Jeff, Guenter, Arnes, and Jack will be sure to receive big high fives for doing a great job!