“Great hotel, Great Staff, Great Location!”

Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The headquarters of the company I work for is in the area so I've stayed at this Holiday Inn several times. The staff is great! I had one very minor issue one time and the management ensured it was taken care of and even went the extra mile. My next stay they left a personalized gift basket with candies, green tea bottled water etc and thanked me for being a loyal guest. If you want a clean hotel that treats guests right I highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your posting! We know that there was an issue during your last stay, but are very happy to know that we were able to make things right for you! This is a great example of our guests letting us know when something goes wrong, and giving us a chance to correct it. Thank you for the second chance!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here one night when we came to Chicago since our other hotel had no openings for our first night. We wished we could've stayed here the remainder of the trip!! Clean rooms, microwave, fridge. Great restaurant inside the hotel!!! Would definitely return!!!

Stayed: July 2014

Fantastic! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to use the amenities of our hotel. Please come back and plan on staying that extra day! Thank you for your posting!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had a great experience at Holiday inn Chicago Elk Grove. Mr. Abed Khan welcomed me at the first day with wonderful hospitality. He even called the Office Depot across the hotel for me to make sure they still open. I never had a experience like that at hotel. My colleagues also loved this hotel after 5 days of staying. You won't regret choosing this Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your posting! We love to hear about our associates, and proud to have Abed on our team for many years! Thank you for taking the time to recognize him, we're glad to see that your Office Depot trip worked out! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn for 6 weeks with still another 2 to go. Obviously most hotels will never have all the same comforts as home. However, after I had inquired if the hotel had feather pillows for the bed and finding out they did not, the head of house keeping (Fabiola) decided herself to purchase two pillows for my room. The next day after I inquired, there were two additional feather pillows on my bed when I returned to the hotel. I have worked in customer service a large percentage of my life and unfortunately these days customer service is harder to come by, but from the head of House keeping, to the folks at the front desk, and the ladies in the attached restaurant, I am impressed. It is hard enough to be away from home for long periods of time, but if that is the case it is much easier when you are surround by a quality hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Wonderful! Thank you for your posting, we love to hear when our associates do a good job! We share all comments with our team, and love to celebrate the successes! We appreciate your long term business and your time to share your experience (thus far) with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Main reason to go to this holiday inn is to meet Abed Khan! He is one of the nicest and funniest people you will ever meet.he makes you feel right at home. The hotel is cute , nice in door pool and little gym.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We always love to hear about our associates doing a great job, thank you! Abed is a long time, valued associate, and we always appreciate when a guest takes time out to say "good job".
Thank you again, we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights! We had an amazing stay!! Clean and quiet!! Abed at the front desk is amazing!! Very helpful and knowledgeable!! He helped us out with local attractions and info! Frank in the shuttle has the BEST attitude!! We had a great experience while in Chicago and it all stated with Abed and Frank!! Great job guys!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We love to hear about our associates treating our guests right! Thank you for your posting, we will be sure to share your comments with Abed, Frank, and our entire team! Please let us know should this ever NOT be your experience with us! We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been to stay at this specific Holiday Inn four times now, once during each season. During the rainy seasons the building sometimes leaks in places (buckets on the floor in the lobby), the complementary WiFi is a bit slow (140kB/s max), the exercise room has only 4 pieces of equipment, and there's really not much to do in the immediate area outside the hotel. HOWEVER, the staff at this place is truly exemplary. Any complaints I've made have been swiftly addressed with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. The staff themselves all seem to be quite personable and not in a disingenuous way. Each hotel staff member I have interacted with has been warm and congenial, and several of them have become something close to friends. Each room had its own climate controls, a special "no-fog" mirror, an enviably sized sink, mini fridge microwave, and coffee maker. Despite, the lack of close surrounding attractions, the hotel does have an attached restaurant and bar that's a good place to kill time, and t.here's a fair sized pool (I've seen many a family enjoying it), as well as gender specific saunas. The shuttle drivers are more than happy to take guests out to the nearby Woodfield Mall, restaurants, grocery store, or pretty much anything within reasonable distance or along the route to or from the airport. For those wishing to explore downtown Chicago, the shuttle can take you to the airport and from there you can ride Chicago's "L" train (take the Blue Line.) I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Elk Grove for it's affordable pricing and remarkable staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

What a great posting, thank you! We pride ourselves on our associates because we know they make the difference! I am happy to also share, that we will be receiving a renovation late 2014/early 2015! We can't wait to improve our hotel even more for our loyal guests sue as yourself. See you next trip!