I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. On the hotel's website, they advise that there are "hot cookies, fresh fruit and coffee readily available at the Front Desk." There was fruit, but there was not coffee or hot cookies. There were cookies but not fresh ones available. My desk chair was broken. I brought it to the attention of the staff and gave them the opportunity to replace the chair with one that worked and was told, "sorry, all of the chairs are like that." While I could tell that some updating had been done to the rooms (carpet looked good, artwork was new, furniture was newer), the lamps and wall light fixtures were awful. They were brass plated and the brass finish was flaking off and the lamp shades were torn, etc. They installed wall corner guards on certain walls in the room, but they used nails to install them with and some of the nails stuck far out where you could catch your clothing or skin on them. There was a daily breakfast served, but they did not offer real half and half for coffee drinkers, only the type in little containers that don't even require refrigeration. Temperature in the room was comfortable, however there was no difference between high and low and auto for the controls on the heater/air conditioning unit. Housekeeping was fine except for the last day of my 4 night stay. That last day, used towels were not removed and my ice container was not cleaned and prepped for new use. For what I paid per night, I've stayed in much nicer hotels. That was my first visit to Elk Grove Village. It is possible there is just a lower standard expected in this city. If I have to go back there for business, I will refuse to stay at this particular hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located within three miles of Woodfield Mall, 12 miles from O'Hare International Airport, and minutes from Metra Rail to downtown Chicago. Complimentary amenities include: High Speed Internet, Breakfast, Local and Airport Shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Elk Grove
- Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village
- Country Inn Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Village Country Inn