Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights for our vacation. Our room was very nice, with plenty of room for our 2 children. The bedroom also has a door. The bed was comfortable, free breakfast was good. Boys loved the pool and the staff was very nice. Close enough to the mall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda T

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed for one night (2/22/2014) and liked it. We had to get the kids out of the house and decided to come here for a night of swimming. The pool is good sized and there is a hot tub. We had it to ourselves all night. The pool is open until midnight. The room was a little smaller than I would have liked but it was only one night. In the morning, we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. It was decent but not as good as some other hotels I have visited. The hotel was clean and I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leslier446
Reviewed 26 February 2014

the hubby and i wanted a get away form our kids and took it. Had a GREAT time the room was wonderfull. The room was very clean and looked up to date. Had a great frig so we could being in our own food and drinks. Over all the halls where quiet and the food in the morning on the breakfest was great and changed day to day. Would defenetly go back there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Militaryfamily03
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip. On the hotel's website, they advise that there are "hot cookies, fresh fruit and coffee readily available at the Front Desk." There was fruit, but there was not coffee or hot cookies. There were cookies but not fresh ones available. My desk chair was broken. I brought it to the attention of the staff and gave them the opportunity to replace the chair with one that worked and was told, "sorry, all of the chairs are like that." While I could tell that some updating had been done to the rooms (carpet looked good, artwork was new, furniture was newer), the lamps and wall light fixtures were awful. They were brass plated and the brass finish was flaking off and the lamp shades were torn, etc. They installed wall corner guards on certain walls in the room, but they used nails to install them with and some of the nails stuck far out where you could catch your clothing or skin on them. There was a daily breakfast served, but they did not offer real half and half for coffee drinkers, only the type in little containers that don't even require refrigeration. Temperature in the room was comfortable, however there was no difference between high and low and auto for the controls on the heater/air conditioning unit. Housekeeping was fine except for the last day of my 4 night stay. That last day, used towels were not removed and my ice container was not cleaned and prepped for new use. For what I paid per night, I've stayed in much nicer hotels. That was my first visit to Elk Grove Village. It is possible there is just a lower standard expected in this city. If I have to go back there for business, I will refuse to stay at this particular hotel again.

Room Tip: I ended up with a room on the first floor with a view of an ugly parking lot. I recommend definitel...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. Our goal is to provide a comfortable, caring and consistent stay for all our guests. I have addressed your maintenance, housekeeping and customer service concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We were able to book this with a group rate for a friends wedding we were attending next door at the Belvedere! It was fantastic to be able to check in and then walk down the hall and be at the wedding ceremony and reception! The internet worked throughout the entire place pretty well. Check out was great since we didn't need to be out until noon! Great place, will stay again if the possibility comes up in the future!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Honestly, we chose this hotel by mistake as it was not as close as we thought to our son/daughter-in-law's home...but it turned out to be a quiet gem! The hotel was very quiet, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet consisted of "the usual" offerings but it was fresh and quite tasty. Most likely we would stay there again as it really was NOT that far from where the kids' live!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was travelling to Chicago on a Business trip for the period of 7 days. I was saved immensely by the room heater as the temperature touched 0 deg F. The breakfast was pretty standard and satisfactory. The hotel is decently located with food options. The room size was good and staff was warm. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Ho...
#5 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Address: 1160 West Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Region: United States > Illinois > Elk Grove Village
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Elk Grove Village
Price Range: £77 - £125 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL 3*
Just off the interstate, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Elk Grove Village/Itasca, IL welcomes guests arriving for a wedding or seminar at Belvedere Events & Banquets, which is connected to the hotel. To make your event even more convenient, we offer a free local shuttle as well as a shuttle from Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD), just 25 minutes away. During your stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access, room service, and an indoor pool. Relax after a long flight with a soak in the hot tub, and then prepare for your big presentation in our business center. Amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Airport Shuttle, and Heated Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Kick back with a burrito and a beer without leaving your guest room or suite thanks to room service from Real Time Sports Bar & Grill. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Coffeemaker, Pillowtop Mattress w ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Elk Grove