Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family and I stayed there for 4 nights and did not have any issues. We are familiar with the Country Inn and Suites and it was what we were expecting, fair price and the rooms were clean. The evening front desk person, Amy, was very helpful and helped us with information about going into Chicago and seeing the city. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight after flying into Midway. We wanted to stay in a suburb so we could get up in the morning and drive home. We chose this hotel. Check in went very smooth and the front desk was very courteous and helpful. They directed us to local eating establishments and were very kind. The room was average but it was clean and that is what I care about. Breakfast was ok. It was very crowded and the lady working there had a difficult time keeping up with replenishing items and emptying trash. Thankfully there is a courtyard that can be used for breakfast seating since there was nowhere to sit. We were going to stay there again the end June. When we checked out we inquired about the two bedroom suite. It was booked but one of the managers said that he would give us adjoining rooms and gave me a price quote. I told him I would check with my daughter who was traveling with us since it was more expensive than getting the two bedroom suite. I told the gentlemen I would call back. I called the next morning to reserve the adjoining rooms and the girl I spoke to quoted me a price of $20 more per room. I told her the gentleman's name that I spoke to and she told me that he shouldn't have told me that price but I could talk to him if I wanted since he was one of the managers. I tried to call him three times and left several messages but he never called me back. I was very disappointed in that type of customer service therefore we ended up at another hotel in the perfect area, bigger room that came standard with a mini fridge, for less money.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place was ok for the price. When we checked in, the front desk clerk asked for my phone number. I wouldn't give it to him. Then he acted cool towards me.
They, apparently, don't have any pride in their hotel as things that were easy fixes and easy things to maintain were falling apart. The electrical outlet was coming out of the wall. The leg of the chair was detached but placed under the chair so that it looked like the leg was in tact. And the cover for the a/c controls was broken. That tells me they don't have pride in themselves and don't care about their guests.
The breakfast attendant didn't keep things stocked. Breakfast itself was ok. Nothing to write home about but not bad, either.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Definitely an older property that is in need of a reno. Thin walls, could hear people in the halls at all hours of the night. There are much nicer country inn and suites out there. Breakfast was slightly below the usual free hotel breakfast. Ran out of plates and cups often. Would pick somewhere else next time. Not terrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a good experience here. Everything was great from pool to breakfast. The beds were so comfortable, it makes me want to buy new beds at home. It was quiet the whole night.I will definitely return when in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I traveled for work. With all the traffic and construction the room was really quiet. I love when the room offers a continuous fan option on the HVAC unit, which this one did. It helps me sleep. The room was really clean. No bells and whistles but this was for work, not a special occasion. The "fitness center" consisted of two treadmills and two bikes but it was super clean. The entire premises was clean. Nice lobby. Great breakfast. Some people say you can't screw up breakfast but it's possible. The food was really good. No fruit but low carb yogurt. The fellow from the front desk called me shortly after I checked in to make sure all was well. Who does that anymore? There are food options within very short walking distance, same parking lot. Will go back the next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We like to stay at Country Inns but this was our first visit to this property. We asked for a quiet room when we checked in. We got a room right above the adjacent banquet hall which we weren't aware of until we returned to our room after dining out. The music was so loud with thumping bass it was hard to sleep. We spent Friday and Saturday nights with this unpleasant noise level occurring both nights!
Also, there was a large group of ladies on a church retreat who completely filled the breakfast room the first morning. The chafing dishes with the hot items were empty with no sign of being refilled. You would have thought that the management could have made some arrangements to accommodate all hotel guests for the breakfast.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room far away from the banquet hall!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Ho...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Address: 1160 West Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Region: United States > Illinois > Elk Grove Village
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Elk Grove Village
Price Range: £78 - £123 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL 3*
Just off the interstate, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Elk Grove Village/Itasca, IL welcomes guests arriving for a wedding or seminar at Belvedere Events & Banquets, which is connected to the hotel. To make your event even more convenient, we offer a free local shuttle as well as a shuttle from Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD), just 25 minutes away. During your stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access, room service, and an indoor pool. Relax after a long flight with a soak in the hot tub, and then prepare for your big presentation in our business center. Amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Airport Shuttle, and Heated Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Kick back with a burrito and a beer without leaving your guest room or suite thanks to room service from Real Time Sports Bar & Grill. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Coffeemaker, Pillowtop Mattress w ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Elk Grove