“Loved the staff and the facility is great!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Recently we completed our third stay at your hotel. The first stay was for 2 1/2 weeks to recuperate from surgery at a nearby hospital. Despite the difficult time I was going through physically,the staff treated me and my wife as though we were royalty. We felt like we were part of their family. The second and third trips were for follow up medical care and for pleasure. Even though they were short stays we were treated as well as the first stay. From the moment you walk in the front door and are greeted by Joey, the breakfasts with Cindy, the greetings from Bob and the friendly interactions with the rest of the staff, you almost feel like you are at home. We live in Indiana and would not hesitate to stay at your hotel in the future, as needed. We have a four year old grandson who lives in Des Plaines who always asks if we are going to stay at Country Inn when we come to visit. Obviously, it is also his favorite hotel. Keep up the good work!!! Carol and Tom

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomIndiana
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Reviewed 8 February 2009

Country Inn & Suites at Elk Grove Village gets the highest ratings from me. As a business traveler I want to have it all at a respectable rate. This is the most professional and inviting staff I have ever worked with. I've been in sales for 25 years and have not gotten this kind of value. It's as close to being home as I can get. I will always stay here when in the area!!!

Wayne Allen

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2009

I recently stayed at the Country Inn for New Years Eve. The banquet hall connected to the hotel was more than I could have asked for on a night like that. Being able to go to a party get drunk and not have to drive back to my hotel was a life saver. The value of the package which included the room, dinner, drinks, and breakfast was an amazing deal. I was surprised at how large the rooms were. We were able to sleep four people very comfortably. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I know where I am going next year for New Years!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2009

From the time I called to make my reservation to the last day of checking out I had exceptional service. During my check-in period the front desk had several customers checking in at once and I still did not have to wait more than a few minutes. My room as well as the atmosphere of the general property were very comfortable.

The shuttle service to the airport was friendly as well as punctual.

I would also like to specifically name the front office manager (Joey) for his exceptional service. When I walked in he greeted me professionally by my last name and already had the check-in process started, a nice change from other hotels that you stay at on a weekly basis and they still ask you your name.

After a long flight and business meetings it is nice to come back to a quiet and comfortable place to sleep.

Below it asks me if I would recommend this hotel to my best friend,ironically enough I already did.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2009

The Country Inn & Suits of Elk Grove was a delightful and relaxing experience! The rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was delicious! The whirlpool suite was more than I expected, and overall a great getaway at an awesome price!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2008

The customer service at the hotel is terrible from the front desk to the maid service. The Country Inn in Elk Grove Village charges extra fees to your credit card after you check out. They put through an additional $100 without contacting me. When I called the hotel to inquire about the charge, the manager was extremely rude and defensive. He told me that the extra charge was for smoking in the room. I have been a non-smoker my entire life. Beware of this Country Inn location as the management feels they can treat you disrespectfully and steal from you at the same time.

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Chicago1000Illinois
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2009

The essence of your complaint appears to be that you were not notified in advance that a $100 charge for smoking in a guestroom would be added to your account. In truth, you were advised three (3) times that smoking in a guestroom, in violation of hotel policy and Illinois law, carried a $100 charge, to wit:

1. A 6" by 6" sign posted at the front desk states that a $100 fee will be charged for smoking in the room;
2. The Registration Card that you signed states, in pertinent part, "Smoking in a non-smoking room will result in a $100 charge to your account.";
3. At check-in, each guest is told by the front desk agent that the hotel is a non-smoking building and smoking in a guestroom will result in a $100 charge.

You admit in your original complaint to our parent company, Carlson, and in your letter to our vice-president that your husband smoked in the room, although you seem to excuse his conduct as being..."a total of 2 cigarettes." Your complaint here seems to parse the issue, stating, "I have been a non-smoker my entire life," never mentioning your husband's 2 cigarettes, and leaving the impression that the charge was unwarranted because no smoking occurred in the room when in fact you have admitted that it did. Regardless of the number of cigarettes smoked, we bore the expense of deep-cleaning the room to eliminate any evidence of smoke, with the hope that the next guest occupying the room would not have any allergies or adverse reactions to the residue left behind.

I am sorry that you do not agree with our non-smoking policy or the laws of the State of Illinois on smoking in places of public accommodation. Our policy is designed to protect our guests from the deleterious effects of carcinogens found in cigarette smoke, and it is our further hope that being faced with a $100 charge will be a sufficient deterrent to such conduct. Every guest is informed orally, in writing, and signs a registration card wherein the smoking policy is clearly stated, just so they cannot later state that they were not properly informed.

Reviewed 24 June 2008

This country Inn and suites Hotel was very affordable and clean! The rooms were large, and spotless! It was decorated nicely. The front desk people were very helpful. The breakfast was more than expected, as there was hot as well as cold foods, and each day the selection changed. The breakfast room was also very spacious. We were surprized to see the woman who was taking care of the room very helpful and pleasant. She made sure that the buffet was well stocked, and the tables kept clean. That gal deserves a raise! The shuttle bus to the airport was a plus for anyone needing it. They also had a computer located in the breakfast room for people to check flights. however- the entire time was spent by children playing games on it! The swimming pool and whirlpool was spotless, but the chlorine was so strong, it burnt your eyes! Overall,I give this hotel 2 thumbs up- a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Address: 1160 West Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Region: United States > Illinois > Elk Grove Village
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Elk Grove Village
Price Range: £76 - £112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL 3*
Just off the interstate, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL welcomes guests arriving for a wedding or seminar at Belvedere Events & Banquets, which is connected to the hotel. To make your event even more convenient, we offer a free local shuttle as well as a shuttle from Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD), just 25 minutes away. During your stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access, room service, and an indoor pool. Relax after a long flight with a soak in the hot tub, and then prepare for your big presentation in our business center. Amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Airport Shuttle, and Heated Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Kick back with a burrito and a beer without leaving your guest room or suite thanks to room service from Real Time Sports Bar & Grill. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Coffeemaker, Pillowtop Mattress with Quality Linens, Room Service, and Free Weekday USA TODAY® Newspaper. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village