“Great Chicago area location at an affordable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Franklin, Virginia
“Great Chicago area location at an affordable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

My family of 4 stayed here for three nights. Paid $70/night through Travelocity. Hotel is well maintained. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Continental breakfast was OK, nothing special. Less than 3 miles from the Itasca Metra station which is about a 45 minute ride to downtown Chicago.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. I am quite proud of each and every one of them, who all work so hard daily to provide our guests with a wonderful experience, and in so doing make my job so much easier.

We appreciate you being our guest, and are certainly glad that your stay was a positive one. Thank you, and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
IOwa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

The hotel was accommodating and wonderful, in the perfect location with restaurants and amenities nearby. Front desk was extremely helpful and kind when asked questions. The Breakfast was WONDERFUL! One of the best i've ever had for a complimentary breakfast! Room Cleaning ran a little later into the day till between 3-4 PM and that was a little difficult as were trying to get ready for a large family function. Enjoyed my stay very much!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of the management and staff, we are most thankful for your effusive words of praise. All of the credit goes to the hard-working team members and their supervisors, who diligently work each day to make each guest feel special and welcome.

Thank you for being our guest and allowing us to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Florida Panhandle, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2009

Recently we completed our third stay at your hotel. The first stay was for 2 1/2 weeks to recuperate from surgery at a nearby hospital. Despite the difficult time I was going through physically,the staff treated me and my wife as though we were royalty. We felt like we were part of their family. The second and third trips were for follow up medical care and for pleasure. Even though they were short stays we were treated as well as the first stay. From the moment you walk in the front door and are greeted by Joey, the breakfasts with Cindy, the greetings from Bob and the friendly interactions with the rest of the staff, you almost feel like you are at home. We live in Indiana and would not hesitate to stay at your hotel in the future, as needed. We have a four year old grandson who lives in Des Plaines who always asks if we are going to stay at Country Inn when we come to visit. Obviously, it is also his favorite hotel. Keep up the good work!!! Carol and Tom

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomIndiana
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

Country Inn & Suites at Elk Grove Village gets the highest ratings from me. As a business traveler I want to have it all at a respectable rate. This is the most professional and inviting staff I have ever worked with. I've been in sales for 25 years and have not gotten this kind of value. It's as close to being home as I can get. I will always stay here when in the area!!!

Wayne Allen

• Liked — Preoessionalism
  • Disliked — Couldn't find a complaint
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Chicago545
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

I recently stayed at the Country Inn for New Years Eve. The banquet hall connected to the hotel was more than I could have asked for on a night like that. Being able to go to a party get drunk and not have to drive back to my hotel was a life saver. The value of the package which included the room, dinner, drinks, and breakfast was an amazing deal. I was surprised at how large the rooms were. We were able to sleep four people very comfortably. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I know where I am going next year for New Years!!!

• Liked — The Value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

From the time I called to make my reservation to the last day of checking out I had exceptional service. During my check-in period the front desk had several customers checking in at once and I still did not have to wait more than a few minutes. My room as well as the atmosphere of the general property were very comfortable.

The shuttle service to the airport was friendly as well as punctual.

I would also like to specifically name the front office manager (Joey) for his exceptional service. When I walked in he greeted me professionally by my last name and already had the check-in process started, a nice change from other hotels that you stay at on a weekly basis and they still ask you your name.

After a long flight and business meetings it is nice to come back to a quiet and comfortable place to sleep.

Below it asks me if I would recommend this hotel to my best friend,ironically enough I already did.

• Liked — The Service and comfort
  • Disliked — The lack of christmas decorations
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

The Country Inn & Suits of Elk Grove was a delightful and relaxing experience! The rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was delicious! The whirlpool suite was more than I expected, and overall a great getaway at an awesome price!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Westin Chicago Northwest
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village? Share your experiences!