“Great location, price, clean, friendly!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great location, price, clean, friendly!”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I thought the hotel was very easy to get to which makes it easy for an out of town traveler (I drove here). The hotel also offers shuttle service to and from things in the area and to and from the airport if flying. The pool area was very nice and never busy. It is located right next to a sports bar so very nice to go over and have a drink to unwind after a long day of shopping and walk back to our rooms. Very close to the Woodfield Mall and Streets of Woodfield which is a very nice mall area. Also IKEA is close so everything you could want for a shopping weekend. We even drove to Kenosha to the Outlet Mall & it was only a 45 minute drive and a very easy one at that. Free continential breakfast and a very friendly staff at a very reasonable price. The only downfall was that there was a DJ one night at the bar next door and the music got a little loud with the bass. Great rooms though...very clean!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This was stop number two on a long weekend trip with my 3 grandchildren. Unfortunately, we were "spoiled" the previous night at the Portage, IN Country Inn & Suites, so it was kind of a let down compared to that fantastic place.

My biggest problem was the pool area/experience. When I booked this place, I specifically asked about the pool/hot tub because that was one of the important things for us because of the kids. I asked if they had a hot tub and, of course, said yes. My mistake; should have asked if they have a working hot tub, because we were disappointed to find it empty and a sign saying under repairs. The pool was average, clean, but very cool. One of my grandkids last about half an hour, then wanted to go back to the room. He was disappointed. Also, no towels. Had to walk dripping to the front desk for towels. Finally, the pool area was very dark--some of the lights were out.

The room was very clean, but as I said in the title, seemed kind of dated (or again, might have just been spoiled from the bery beautiful room the night before.) The beds were definitely smaller and not as comfy, but we did sleep well. I did appreciate how quiet, especially when it came time to put 5, 4 and 2 1/2 year olds to sleep.

Breakfast was a very postive highlight. The breakfast room was very spacious, there was plenty of food and everything was very good. The lady that ran the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful, especially when it came to helping me get food around for 3 little ones by myself--I really appreciated her! Great coffee, too!

I was a little disappointed at check-out as the desk person, I feel, was not very service oriented. I commented about not being told about the hot tub and she basically just smiled at me. Nothing else; no real apology or anything. Many other places would have given me some sort of discount on the room. Then when I asked her for directions to Legoland, a pretty popular attraction nearby and part of one of the biggest malls in the area, she really couldn't help me out. I find it hard to believe that someone at the front desk of the hotel would not know how to get to a pretty well known and popular mall/attraction. Did she really not know or just didn't want to take the time. But, we found it anyway.

Overall, it was okay, and I probably would stay there again, simply because it was a good value for the money and we did get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TeeeTeee
IL USA
Reviewed 8 December 2009

We booked the hotel room through hotels.com. We paid for the room online. When we checked in, the desk staff asked for my credit card. I told the person at the desk that I had already paid online. She said it was just a "check-in procedure." The next morning, when we woke up there was a billing statement under the door that was LESS than the price we paid for the room on hotels.com. Not only was I charged twice for the same room, but the hotel charged me a cheaper rate than hotels.com did! I met with the manager and was told the double charge would be taken off of my credit card. When I contacted hotels.com I was told the best advertised rate was the amount originally charged on my credit card. (even though the rate the hotel charged was cheaper and I had that in writitng to verify with hotels.com).

Would I stay at this hotel again? It was very nice--but I would be leery about handing over my credit card! And, I will think twice before using hotels.com again!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank cloverleaf2
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this review, 22 December 2009
Thank you for your feedback, and we certainly are in agreement that our hotel is, "very nice."

I apologize for any inconvenience that you met while our guest. Dealing with third party travel agents such as Hotels.com can be confusing, so please allow me to clarify the procedure.

You are correct that you pre-paid them for your room. At check-in, our desk agent only collected your personal card for any incidental charges that may have occasioned while our guest. On check-out, a paid folio was inadvertently, and mistakenly, slipped under your door. This was not a double charge, nor did we charge you a cheaper rate than Hotels.com, but reflected the amount they paid us for the room. As with any travel agent, the difference between what you paid Hotels.com and what they paid to us is their commission, so the people at Hotels.com were accurate when informing you that the rate you paid was the "best advertised rate." Of course, booking your stay on our Country Inn website always gives you the lowest rate, while not allowing for any attendant confusion.

Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you once again for allowing us to serve you while in the Chicago area.
Oregon
Reviewed 28 November 2009

To make long night story short… (let me try)…
There was a party going on at the hotel at the night we stayed. The music from the party was insanely loud - it was booming - and it went until at least mid-night. After one phone call and one visit to the front desk, we were moved to another room by 11pm that night.
I believe the hotel handled the situation reasonably well but they could have done better; by keeping the party music at a sensible level from the beginning, or by setting us in a quieter side room at the check in point, or by moving us to the quieter room when we first called to the front desk. They could have acted proactively rather than reactively.

Everything else we had experienced at the hotel, good or bad, and probably most were good, are blurred due to the insane boom we had to endure while our stay.
Are we going to stay here again? Maybe, but it won’t be our first choice.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this review, 30 November 2009
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at The Country Inn and Suites. On behalf of the management and staff I do apologize for the inconvenience you suffered due to the noise level emitting from the wedding party in the banquet facility next door to us. While the party was not going on in the hotel, but in the banquet hall adjacent to us, I am sorry that we did not place you in a guestroom as far away as possible from the music. I am glad, however, that we did move you and that you did find all other aspects of your stay pleasurable.

Generally speaking we make every attempt to place non-wedding going guests in rooms away from the banquet hall. We shall continue to do so, but again, please accept my apology that we apparently failed to do so in your case.

When your travels bring you back to the area I invite you to stay with us once more and let us provide you with the excellent experience our guests have come to expect when here.
Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I wanted to thank the staff of the Elk GroveCountry Inn and Suites for REALLY going ABOVE AND BEYOND!!! My daughter has dyslexia and we had a specialist come to work with her and stayed at the facility. They made this very hard time for us a lot easier! I really felt cared for and welcomed there. They are the Nordstroms of the hotel industry, for sure! We will be back at the end of November and look forward to seeing your great staff soon!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Babrose
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this review, 11 November 2009
What can I say but thank you so very much for your wonderfully kind words about our staff. Each of them contributes to the guest experience, and I am grateful, on a daily basis, that they exhibit their concern that each person has a remarkable stay.

I am glad that we were able to make a difficult period for you and your daughter a little enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing you shortly.

Robert Frejlich
detroit, michigan
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Great amenities for business travel. Clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank penny24
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this review, 18 October 2009
We appreciate the great comments about our hotel and staff, and thank you for allowing us to serve you while traveling in our area. We believe that our property, and staff, are the finest in the area and will work to make each guest's experience a great one.

Again, thank you for being our guest, and come back to see us often.
Fort Worth
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Stayed here for 3 days and nights. Great location. Went to Cubs game, Navy Pier, ESPN Zone and the beach on Lake Michigan. Was about an hour drive, depending on traffic. Close to a Walmart and mall.

Hotel was clean and employees were very courteous and helpful. My boys loved the pool and me the hot tub. If I was going back to Chicago for any length of time, I would stay here again definitely.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank rickc817
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff, and we are glad that you found your time with us to your liking. The staff works very hard every day to make each guest's stay remarkable, and it is gratifying when that work is noticed by our guests.

We realize that you have a choice of hotels when visiting our area, and we thank you for making The Country Inn and Suites of Elk Grove your hotel. Hurry back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Address: 1160 West Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Region: United States > Illinois > Elk Grove Village
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Elk Grove Village
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL 3*
Just off the interstate, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL welcomes guests arriving for a wedding or seminar at Belvedere Events & Banquets, which is connected to the hotel. To make your event even more convenient, we offer a free local shuttle as well as a shuttle from Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD), just 25 minutes away. During your stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access, room service, and an indoor pool. Relax after a long flight with a soak in the hot tub, and then prepare for your big presentation in our business center. Amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Airport Shuttle, and Heated Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Kick back with a burrito and a beer without leaving your guest room or suite thanks to room service from Real Time Sports Bar & Grill. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Coffeemaker, Pillowtop Mattress with Quality Linens, Room Service, and Free Weekday USA TODAY® Newspaper. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village