“Avoid it!! Don't stay there. I have stayed at bad hotels this is the worst.”
Review of Elk Grove Hotel

Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The front desk workers are rude and not helpful at all! I was awoken at 1am with a call from the front desk saying that I was making too much noise. (I was sleeping with the tv on). The guy at the front desk said that if I continued to make noise the police would come and remove me from my room. I told him that I was the only one in my room and that I was sleeping. He just laughed and said that the police would be called next time. I spent the rest of the night wide awake with my tv turned down to 4. All he had to say was your tv is too loud please turn it down. I have never been threatened like that at a hotel before it was very scary.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank NickiD593
There are newer reviews for Elk Grove Hotel

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This isn't even a Ramada anymore but they are advertising it like it is one. Checked in at 8pm not expecting anything extravagant. Around 1145pm my girlfriend screeched at the sight of a bug. I Googled bedbug and sure enough it was one. I took a picture of it. We checked out at 12am and the guy at the service desk informed us that if we wanted a refund we would have to talk to the manager and she wouldn't be in until the next day. Here's where things got fishy. We tried getting a hold of the manager for three days and they kept giving us the run around and she never gave us a call back after we requested it. Tuesday she finally picks up and she is super rude and ignorant telling me that the pic I have is not her hotel.lmao. She hadn't even seen the pic! She ends up hanging up on me. I show up 20 mind later wanting my refund and she ends up calling the cops on me not even trying to hear me out. Cops escort me out but before I leave I ask the cop to get me the number for corporate. He does and the number she gives him to give to me is an advertising company! Lmao! Obviously I look online to get the right corporate number and they inform me that it isn't a Ramada anymore and that they appreciate the call because they will be getting the research team on it right away. Everyone working there was Hispanic and probably didn't have papers so in all honesty I do feel bad for them being that I am also hispanic but all she had to do was reimburse me and it would have been done. Now a ton of people will probably be jobless because their boss thought I was bluffing

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank jnoeldelva89
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Had I not been stuck in ORD I would never have stayed here. Poorly maintained; run down; strange odors; dirty; HVAC barely functional; staff slow and rude at check-in. Even the parking lot is in awful shape. Give this one a miss.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ITManager
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Frontdesk was rude and not the least bit helpful, they didn`t even know about information leaflets (wanted a map, said they didn`t have one, yet they did, right next to the counter, how I later found out.)
Breakfast was a disaster, almost no selection left at 9. The four (!) tables were dirty, yet staff was present with 2 people.
Shuttle to/from airport:
rude, too late, no communication, no greeting, even after we greeted. Stopped for gas on one trip, again with no word of explanation! We didn't expect much for the price but what we got was even worse.

We`re never gone stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MartinWicki
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here twice (the day before my trip and the day after). My first night was unimpressive. They had a friendly staff, but the room was dated-TV was old tube type-bathroom wasn't great-but for $65, free parking while I was away on my trip and a free shuttle to and from the airport I couldn't complain (Ohare parking would have run me close to the $65 just in parking fees). When I returned it was late and for the price I decided to stay again. This time I was amazed! The room was 100x better than the previous one-bed was comfy-bathroom was perfect (first time the showerhead didn't have much pressure) TV was a flat screen and the stay was awesome (for the price). The restaurant in the building is closed, but there are 5 fast food restaurants within walking distance. For the price and services you cannot beat this hotel-Just don't be expecting the Taj Mahal.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet but dated-Rooms in the front are newer but you have neighbors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We used their park and fly service and was charged twice for the room. After 4 phone calls and the manager stating it was their mistake and it would be taken care of I have not had any return calls and no results. For the price we paid we could have stayed at a lot nicer hotel.

Room Tip: Monitor your credit card for charges.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms were old and run down, but didn't expect anything fantastic for the price we paid. The biggest complaint is of the airport shuttle process. The website claims its 24 hrs/day and we were told that is not true anymore while checking in and that they haven't updated the website. They assured us though that they would arrange a special early transfer the following morning and a late pick up upon arrival. Departure was fine and the shuttle arrived on-time as promised. When we arrived back to O'Hare at 11:15pm after traveling 8+hours we were not thrilled to wait over 40 minutes for the shuttle to arrive as we stood outside waiting (the hotel is 6 miles away). Although you give them all of your flight information when you check into the hotel, you still have to call them once you have actually arrived AND collected your checked bags. That probably wouldn't have even bothered me much if they would have sent someone promptly after I called, but to still wait as long as we did after midnight was unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013