“Expensive”

Jarosch Bakery
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“Expensive”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very expensive. I bought a cake for my husband's birthday and it was frozen. We wanted to eat right away, but we couldn't have this chance...

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Daniela I

“I needed a last minute cake!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is the ONLY bakery I TRUST. My boyfriend introduced me to this place a couple of years ago, and Jarosch is now my go to spot for specialty cakes, most especially at the last minute. My most recent cake order was for my bf's birthday. His bday was on the 15th, I ordered the cake on 3/13. They need at least 48 hours notice.

I live almost an hour away and I was planning to spend the weekend in Chicago. It didn't make sense for me to go from the city, out to Jarosch, and back to the city. I had looked at other bakeries in the city and emailed a couple of them before contacting Jarosch. I'm thankful to these other bakeries for contacting me so quick, and most of them said they could not do my cake on short notice, and one bakery said they needed me to come in w a picture for my bf's face cake since their printer was down. Again, I live in the suburbs and did not intend to make the trip downtown just to drop off this picture, of which I would still have to print out myself. After all this, this is when I contacted Jarosch, because I TRUST them.

I almost canceled the cake bc the traveling did not fit in with our plans on 3/15. When I called on 3/14, the girl on the phone, I'm sorry I forgot her name, was sweet enough to let me cancel. She said the set up was done and that all they needed to do was decorate it. I asked her if I would be able to pick it up that day, and her answer was if I come in after 1pm, sure. I was sold. I arrived at 1:15 and my cake was ready!!!!! Ready in time for me to enjoy the rest of the birthday weekend with my boyfriend.

Long story short I was able to pick up my special cake in less than 48 hours. Yes I live an hour away but until I find a bakery that will give me what I want, Jarosch is worth the travel.

2 Thank Cblythe23
“Best Bakery Ever!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We having been enjoying Jarosch Bakery for the past 20 years. Whether you need a quick snack like brownie, donut, sweet roll or cherry slice etc. for your self or a special dessert for a special occasion this is the place to go. You will never be disappointed. One our favorites of their cheesecake loaf. It is definitely a slice of heaven.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank judyskeywest
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty Incredible”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Gotta admit ... I used to be a pastryholic. Now if it's not Jarosch, I usually pass, I'm that spoiled. I didn't think it was possible but nothing else comes close. Service is amazing too. They usually have 5 or more people working the counter but they are so fast it's seems like 10.There can be 15 people waiting and you're number gets called in just a couple minutes.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank John R
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“Excellent bakery!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

They make excellent layered cakes, and have so many flavors to choose from. They make my husbands favorite donuts!

• Visited February 2014