“Great first time stay!”

Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The location is excellent if you are using O'Hare airport or the Convention Center in Rosemont. The rooms are very good, they have a shuttle service to and from the airport and Chicago metro system. That is good.
The staff at the from desk is jusrt average and do the basic, they are not very friendly or helpful. I didd't like the fact that , in spite of the fact the rooms were all paid for by our company, they were charging my card an upfront sum for my room and all the rooms of my associates without informing me of it as the trip leader. They took over one week to remove the charge. Not cool.
They do not provide any type of breakfast and they dont have a swimming pool.

I like dthe hotel in general, but I wish they were more polite and courteous with customers.

Room Tip: We got a room on the back hall of the hotel and we never heard any ariplane noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WyndhamGardenEGV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you liked the rooms, but am sad to hear that you were not completely satisfied.
The issue concerning politeness and helpfulness will be addressed.

As for the charges- you were not charged anything, your card was only authorized. Although your company may have been covering room and tax, it is standard policy that a credit card is taken and authorized for a certain amount for incidentals at check-in.
I know that it can be frustrating having the funds pending-the length of time it takes for the authorization to be removed does depend on the card holders bank.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will gives us another try next time you are in the area.
West Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

stayed on two separate occasions, both one night for business. On both occasions, the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. I had made reservations ahead of time and had no problem at check in. On both occasions I had a room on an upper floor with one bed, so my review will be on this general type of room.
The lobby is very clean and modern looking with plenty of funky seating arrangements and private seating as well. The lobby is quite inviting.
Elevators to the upper floors worked without incident each time and were very quick (both to arrive when the button is pushed, and to travel to the desired floor).
The key pods to the room doors are all ultra modern, where you just have to tap your key card on the pad to unlock the door. Makes it very easy when you are carrying things!
The room itself is very nicely appointment. There is a large bed in the center of the room (queen) with lots of pillows including a very large (like 3 foot square) plus pillow and a long pillow roll. Not sure what you would use these for, but they look nice on the bad (But got tossed to the floor). The bed itself is very comfy. There is a single sheet and then a covered duvet on top of the sheet. This is my ONLY little dislike. I would like to have a light blanket in between the sheet and the duvet cover. When the air is on, sometimes a sheet isn’t enough, but the duvet is too much. There is a light blanket at the END of the bed, There is a work desk by the window with a nice work chair, then a large dresser that housed a larger than mini fridge inside one cabinet, then a couple of drawers for storage and then the KURIG coffee pot on a pull out shelf. The flat screen tv sits on top of this dresser. There is a chair and ottoman in the corner of the room and plenty of lighting thru out the room. The sink and mirror is outside the bathroom, which I like. The bathroom has a tub/shower combination with a shower head with good pressure and good temperature control. The towels are big, fluffy and plentiful. There is a dark wood towel cubby above the toilet that adds a touch of class to the decor. The temperature in the room is easy to control and maintain.
The stay is very nice and comfortable.
It is close to the airport and I did hear some plane traffic but this didn’t bother me.
There is no continental breakfast, but room service is available for all meals from the hotel restaurant, however, there was no menu in the room. I did go down to the restaurant and order dinner and bring it back up to my room as there are not places directly around the hotel to eat.
I've done this both times and I have mixed reviews about the restaurant. The first time was much better than the second time. I will do a review of my second time in a review of the "w" restaurant itself, but I would probably not eat there again unless I absolutely didn’t want to have to drive somewhere for dinner.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
WyndhamGardenEGV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are truly appreciative of your time and consideration for reviewing our hotel. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and enjoyable. From all the staff of the Wyndham Garden in Elk Grove Village, we hope to see you for future business in the Chicagoland area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Village Hotel
BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Vi...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare? Share your experiences!