“Far far away from airport & 20 min wait at check-in”

Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Vienna
“Far far away from airport & 20 min wait at check-in”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

So my flight out of O'Hare got delayed to midnight and I decided to stay overnight in Chicago and take the early morning flight.

I booked this "Qualiy Inn" via HotelTonight and got a pretty good price, but that is where the positive things about my stay stopped.
I had to wait 40 min for the airport shuttle, I think they only have one single shuttle doing the run and the hotel is FAR FAR away from the airport, the ride must have been at least 25 minutes; waiting for 40 min is not something you want to do at 10 pm.
I was a little bit annoyed about the fact that the frontdesk lady said 10 min on my initial call -- she must have known that this couldn't be true

When we arrived, there was only that one lady on duty at the front desk --- she had to check-in a flight crew, take phone calls and process people; our bus was full so while I was the 3rd in row I am sure that other people had to wait a considerable amount of time to get their rooms - again, not something you want to deal with when it's late at night

The room itself was OK and breakfast was included

To summarize: Don't go there UNLESS it is significantly cheaper than other airport hotels

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire tieam, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvementds to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2013

For the money $72 a night) this Quality Inn 5 miles from O'Hare Airport was not a bad deal. We were impressed with the breakfast (both hot and cold foods) and it was very clean and the bathrooms and bedrooms were plenty big. We did have very lumpy pillows (we should have asked to have them replaced but didn't). We had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up on Saturday night so didn't get back to the hotel until midnight. Another couple said they had to wait way too long too (especially because we called as instructed and the front desk said they would be there 'momentarily.') Other than that, there were no other negative aspects of this hotel and as I said, the rates were more than reasonable considering what prices other hotels nearer to Chicago charge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything we can to improve our shuttle service. It is never our intention to put your comfort at risk. Please accept our heartfelt apology.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate you comments and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit with us.
Omaha Nebraska
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The place is nothing too fancy but was a good solid hotel at a great price. The shuttles ran on time and the drivers were friendly. The first night our a/c did not work well and I was switched into a new room across the hall in two minutes. We had a couple of special requests and they were met with "no problem". For me, this place is a winner.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank omatraveldog
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
On behalf of our hotel and staff, I'd like to let you know how pleased we were to receive your kind words of praise for our hotel and staff. How nice of you to take the time to let us know you were pleased.
Our service depends on people willing to give their very best at all times. So, it's truly uplifting to our staff when a guest takes the time to comment on an enjoyable stay. Thank You!
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we would welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.
Wauwatosa
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I would feel bad giving the hotel a two but I don't think it really deserves a three either. We used the hotel for a flight out of Chicago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit run down, but I didn't have all that high of expectations given the rate and it was clean.

My main complaint was that the parking area for park/sleep/fly customers, the main reason for staying there, was relegated to one side of the hotel without any apparent supervision. There could have been cameras, however I did not see any. I do know there was no gate, nor attendants. You were also required to put a sticker in your window saying the date you were coming back. Thus anyone walking up to the car would know right away whether the owner was coming back soon or not.

I realize that many out-lots at O'Hare don't offer much more in the way of protection, and if someone really wanted to get at your vehicle they could do it at any lot, secure or not. However, this was easily the least comfortable I've felt with a park/sleep/fly.

Thankfully our vehicle was just fine when we returned, so no harm, no foul I suppose. I just want others to understand what we didn't before you stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ndogtosa
Thank you for letting us know about your dissatisfaction with our parking facilities for our Park n Fly guests. Your unsatisfactory experience does not rrepresent the level of service we strive to provide.

In answer to your query, yes we do have security cameras in the Park n Fly area. The monitors are on the front desk and are viewed constantly. However, I apologize that you were not informed of this at check in. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. Your comments help us improve.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We very much enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Spent four nights here. This hotel, at $90/night, was NOT a bargain. My review might be better if we paid $60/night. Tooth paste running down the bathroom vanity, blood/boogers on the walls, beat up furniture, rusty fixtures, warm & humid hallways, crickets in the room, etc... There was, however, hot water and good water pressure for a shower and a relatively comfortable bed. I will not stay here again. Shuttle service to and from the airport, where we jumped on the blue line into Chicago, was unreliable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel and staff for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our General Manage. We will use your information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.
We sincerely appreciate your attention and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Elk Grove Village.
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew out for Mexico. It was great because we were able to grab some continental breakfast at 4:30 am, the only hotel I could find that offered food this early. We were very very happy. At pickup for our return flight, the shuttle was there is 10 min!!! Very happy. Would definitely stay again. The rooms were clean and mattresses spotless.

• Stayed August 2013
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
On behalf of our hotel and staff, I would like to say how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for our hotel and staff. It was indeed heartwarming for us to see your most complimentary comments on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for taking the time to say you were pleased.
It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest and we would welcome the opportunity to be your hotel of choice any time you might be in our area.

Kindest Regards,
Fran Prybylo
Guest Relations Manager
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here to take advantage of the park and fly this hotel offers. One of the relatives chose it, and had I done my research, I would have picked something else. No pool. Which is fine for some but not for people who have kids. Over a 20 minute ride from the airport. Not cool when the whole traveling experience is an all-day affair to begin with. Very few choices for continental breakfast. Beds quite hard. Definitely over-paid for this hotel. However, air conditioning in room worked great, staff was friendly, and we could walk across the street for dinner, which was nice. Didn't hate it but would never return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let Tripadvisor know about your dissatisfaction with our hotel. It's true we have no pool and it is 20 minutes to O'Hare, however I would like to let you know that our rates are competitive with hotels in the area.
Also, I do thank you for your kind words for our staff, I will let them know their services are appreciated.
Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We enjoyed having you as our guest.

Guest Relations Manager
Fran Prybylo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!