“Comfortable connection to downtown”

Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a great option for families we had a comfortable stay especially the free breakfast and shuttle was great. Front desk is very helpful and helped us through a problem. The only complain is they need to hand out some sort of confirmation for the shuttle time as we had reserved it but some other over zealous people were allowed to board it instead of us and we had to wait. The drivers were courteous and overall we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank momyto2
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

On behalf of our hotel and staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your very kind words of praise for our hotel and staff. How nice of you to respond the the Tripadvisor survey.
I would also like to apologize for the shuttle mix-up you experienced. And, thank you for your very useful suggestion to solve the future shuttle issues.
Again, let me thank you for your kind comments. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to the opportunity of having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed for July 4th weekend. Hotel was ok.
The room was ok. A/C was not working properly. Soaps were missing in bathroom!! (This is first time I saw soap missing in hotel bathroom. Which is supposed to be basic service).

Complimentary breakfast was very good!

Overall hotel was good for its price. I would say average experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
QualityElkGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear PankajGore,

I am so sorry that there was an issue with your room. I would definitely recommend letting the front desk know as soon as you notice a problem with your room. We would have loved to changed your room or had maintenance come up and fix your AC. Soap is definitely a basic service and it was a simple mistake. I hope you did call the front desk on that one. Please call us directly and speak with Bob I would like to have the opportunity to earn your business again and show you how wonderful a stay here can be.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day/week.

Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here on July 4th - just an overnight for our holiday getaway. Bob at the front desk was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. When he learned planned to take in the local fireworks display, he offered to print out directions for us to get there. This was helpful and very much appreciated. Both hotel and our room were well-maintained and clean. The breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold selections to choose from. When I checked out Hilda assisted me and she was also very friendly. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

On behalf of our hotel and staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to see your very positive comments on Tripadvisor for our hotel and staff. What a nice gesture on your part to take the time to comment.
I have share your comments with Hilda and all of my staff and they joining me in thanking you for your kind words.
Good service depends on people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest takes the time to let us know we did well.
Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to the opportunity of having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Checked in around 11pm. Stood in line 20 minutes. When I came by the front desk 40 minutes later there were still people in line who had been in line with me. Parking was abysmal. Not a single space available. Had to park under a tree in a flooded area adjacent to the proplerty. Room was dirty and smelled BAD. Hallway smelled worse. Shuttle to airport was ok, good vehicle, a little late. Shuttle on return was bad. Vehicle filthy and in desperate need of scrapping. AC apparently not working cause all windows were down in a warm humid climate.
My recommendation: The hotel is a dump 25 minutes from O'Hare. Rooms are filthy and you will be lucky finding the parking space they sold you. If that appeals to you, go for it, otherwise spend your money elsewhere.

2  Thank sandv_2920
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor online survey regarding your recent stay at our Quality Inn Elk Grove.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our shuttle service. I have shared your feedback with our General Manager and our Shuttle drivers to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate your comments and do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Elk Grove Village

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I called to tell them I would be late, and they said no problem. They gave our room away! NO apologies! I even showed him the call on my phone, and all he said was that they shouldn't have told us that. We ended up paying $60 to and from airport, because the hotel next door didn't have room for 5. My husband, 13 yr. old daughter, and I had to share a double bed. This was my first vacation in 6 years. I read lots of reviews. I hope this helps someone else from having an issue.

1  Thank Stacey W
Reviewed 24 June 2014

First time we did park and fly and it went well. Hotel was easy to find and there is a Lou Malnati's nearby with great Chicago pizza. The manager was very helpful getting us two adjoining rooms as we were travelling with 3 teenagers and was a bit less expensive than the suite that was also available. The rooms were basic but clean and quiet. The breakfast was better than we expected. The shuttle was on time when we left and the driver was very helpful. When we returned from Honolulu and called for the shuttle they said he was about 5 min. away. I had lost the instructions of where to meet the shuttle and was somewhat confused by the O'Hare layout and had to call the hotel a couple times for directions to the shuttle pickup which was further away from the baggage claim than I expected. They hotel staff was helpful and patient both times I called and the driver waited for us. Nice experience after an 8 hour flight. The van was fine when we returned and they offered us breakfast although, eager to get back home, we just grabbed coffees. We will use this hotel again when flying out of O'Hare. The price was very reasonable and the service was great.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

First, what they have, then what they don't.
I booked thru Hotwire and stayed 5 days. They put me on floor 1, right in front of the elevators--the punishment for 3rd party bookings. Selling overstock thru these 3rd parties is their choice, so they make sure we get the worst rooms. you can imagine how noisy it was.
They have free self-serve continental breakfast every day and coffee and tea all day. That's a great value, whether you like what htey have or not: Scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausages and some kind of ham (looked like spam), boiled eggs, bread and fixings for toast, bagels & creme cheese, yogurt, fruit, fruit juices, waffles you make yourself. That's pretty good.
They have a free airport shuttle to/from O'Hare. I used this every day to get to/from Blue-Line train into town for sight-seeing. I used it to/from airport coming and going from my flight. Took me 3 calls coming in, and I had to use a taxi, because they never showed up--and i was not directed correctly. it's very confusing where to be for a 1st time visitor to the airport and the persons answering the phone assume way too much--that pickup place is way away from the airport luggage claims. I waited 2 hrs and then had to spend $30 for the taxi plus tip. I stayed here partly because of the free shuttle. Shuttle service depended on who was on duty too. One of the trips to the airport I made, the driver did not want to over to the door 3 to pickup because traffic was a nightmare. He told the office he already passed when he had not. The other drivedr was excellent. It is a hard job, they work long hours, and it was crazy busy while I was there, because the airport closed a couple times and had dozens of flights canceleld due to Chicago weather. So some of the shuttle problem is understandable.

They do park & travel deals--where people drive in, spend the night, get parking while they are gone. I didn't do this, but the place was very popular for it, and peopel raved about the service and value.

I got a newspaper every day up front, free.

All ammenities and towels etc were good and provided/refreshed every day. My room was clean. It was a bit crowded with 2 full beds, but ok. Desk in room and a clothing wardrobe.

No safe was available for my laptop or valuables. Up front, they would keep my laptop--but it was simply put in the manager's office. I didn't like not having a safe, since nearly always I travel with my laptop but do not want to take it sight-seeing.

My room window did not have a sheer curtain, so it was dark all the time, since I was on floor 1 facing parking lot, i could not open the drapes if I wanted any privacy. They need to add a sheer. The room is dreary.

The bed--mattress and pillows--very good, very comfortable to sleep on.

Restaurants a couple are in walking distance, otherwise, no service--bar or restaurants onsite.

overall my trip was good and I liked this hotel ok. I probably would not stay here again for reasons noted and pick another hotel in similar price range.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Fran P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Thank you very much for your very detailed description of your experience at our hotel.
Please allow me to apologize for the issues you didn't like and thank you for the issues you did like.
I would like to let you know that your room was not selected due to a third party booking, it was due to the availability of rooms when you checked in, as we were sold out. We do apologize that the elevator noise was a nuisance, however, it was in not a punishment.
Also, while it is true that the Bus and Shuttle Center is not ideally located, we do not have a choice as TSA at O'Hare does not allow passenger pick up at the terminals. We do agree it is a long walk from all the terminals. We do apologize that you did not get the proper instructions on how to find the Shuttle center.
Again, we would like to thank you for your very detailed description of your experience and to let you know it is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests. Again, we do apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. I do assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to correct your issues.
We do hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Kindest Regards,