“great stay”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Red Deer, Canada
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed with a youn girl. The free airport shuttle was the great draw. There was a phone with a direct link at the airport, and a designated place to wait for the shuttle. Door 3 . It came regularly, with a pleasant driver. We used it to go back to the airport to get the Blue Line train downtown. From the hotel , about 1/2 hour, then 1/2 hour downtown. Great for about 63 dollars, when everything reasonable downtown was booked up. Also went late at night.

Hotel was comfortable. I saw a washer and dryer, but not sure if that was for guest use, but had a free computer to use in the lobby, as well as a good hot breakfast. Comfortable bed, too.

Mary

We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mary2565

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Muscatine, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

I just returned from a one night stay at the Quality Inn and Suites in Elk Grove Village, IL. I took advantage of their park-sleep-fly option. In terms of the car parking, the car was parked in their parking lot, not inside a fence or anything like that. I was given a slip to tape inside the car window to identify it for long-term parking. They claim to monitor their lot and say that there have been no complaints for a long time. I returned to find my car in good condition. The airport shuttle seems to run a regular schedule in the morning but is summoned by calling the hotel in the afternoon and evening. The drivers were efficient and courteous. After I called from the airport to request a shuttle, I received a return call from the front desk confirming that the driver had been notified. Our wait time for pick-up was about 35 minutes. The shuttle also delivers to the nearby Super 8, which looked newer from the outside than the Quality Inn. The front desk staff get high marks for doing a great job all-around. The first impression I had walking into the hotel was that it was well-worn but clean. It was a hot day and it seemed that they made minimal use of the air conditioning throughout the building. The hallways were hot and smelled a bit, maybe from lack of air circulation. The air conditioning was also turned off in our room when we arrived. It took a bit of time to cool down the room but I could live with that. One concern my wife had was with the linens. She wondered if they used bleach in their laundry. The sheets and pillow-cases seemed thin, grey and not at all crisp. The pillows were not high-quality. The towels and wash-cloths also seemed a bit grey and some were a bit spotted. If they updated the rooms, then it looks like the next thing to need replaced would be the linens. I found a little cricket swimming in our third floor toilet in the morning, and kept thinking I occasionally heard one chirping in the corner of the room. Breakfast was actually quite good, better than many I have seen, including mixed fruit, real donuts (not those individually wrapped things that come out of a box), hot sausage, eggs and waffles.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
appleton, wi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

We picked this park and fly because of reviews on the ParkSleepFly.com - everyone seemed pretty happy. Well, the hotel is probably the farthest away from the airport that you can get. We've done the park, sleep fly before at different hotels and this was the farthest away and took the longest to get a shuttle. Once the shuttle picked us up from the airport - which took 45 minutes waiting at the airport - he needed to make a stop at the convention center to pick someone up. So with the waiting and going to the convention center - it took us 1 1/2 hours to get back to our vehicle.

The room was great - no problems with that.

The free breakfast also didn't work for us - left the for the airport at 4:30 am and they didn't even have our boxes of cereal. I guess you just live and learn!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
DeWitt, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

After rev iewing several hotels on Trip Advisor, we chose this one to kick off our vacation. We were extremely satisfied with our choice! We arrived on a Sunday night and were pleasantly greeted by the desk clerk. Check in was a breeze and they even gave us chocolate chip cookies. The room was a standard room but was very clean. We ate dinner across the street at the Spaghetti Warehouse which was very satisfying. Huge portions and we could easily have split a dinner. Came back to hotel and had a really great night's sleep. Enjoyed a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning before our flight and used the hotel shuttle van to go to O'Hare. We were the only ones on the shuttle and we arrived at the airport in 15 minutes. Driver was very courteous and friendly. When we returned from our trip 10 days later, I phoned the hotel to request a shuttle pick-up. Again, was pleasantly greeted by Gina, the clerk and the driver was there to get us within 10 minutes of my call! We will definitely use this hotel for Park, Sleep, and Fly again. The rate was lower than the previous 2 places I have used and this place was a lot more hospitable and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3doglovr
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

Much better than I had expected, considering the price. Large room, clean and very comfortable.
The breakfast was adequate.
The staff was wonderful, parked my car for a week with money, groceries and all my hardware shopping inside, with no problems.
I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank pam1051
St Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

This hotel was a nice clean hotel very close to O'hare airport. The free continental breakfast was better than other hotels around the same price I have stayed at in the past. Rooms were comfortable and nice, and upon check-in, the front desk clerk asked if I wanted a wake-up call, and was very pleasant. I did hear some airport noise, but it was not excessive, and I do have to call for a shuttle upon my return to the hotel, but in fairness, they did explain this to me in advance. Overall this hotel, especially with the sleep, park, and fly package, is an excellent value.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank STLCardsFan88
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

We stayed at the Quality Inn for the park and ride to O'hare and were pleasantly surprised. The front desk was helpful and check in was quick.
Our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable (nice linens, too).
We had no problems with our shuttle to & from the airport. They give you a phone number to call them for pick up when you return.
Overall, we had a nice stay and would definitely stay there again when flying out of Chicago.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Village Hotel? Share your experiences!