“Just stay here for a day only if u really have to!!!”

Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
“Just stay here for a day only if u really have to!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Simply put-only stay here if u have no other option. Sure the bed is good providing a good nights rest but the quality of the room is horrible. Bad lighting, plumbing just bad, cleanliness just isn't there, ac works, and the manager was nice but felt he was weird for some reason. The overnight person is a lot nicer and friendly. The location is in a dump and all sorts of non hotel people walking around at all times of the day and night.the dude who checked me in was a bit clumsy in that he gave me a key that already had someone in it and was quite surprised when I walked into the room that had a naked female in a towel already.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Knighttravelmd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times and it usually is noisy plus their seems to be unwanted people around the hotel in the early part of the morning and I felt like I'm always having to look over my shoulder. Never seems to be any type of Police patrolling the area. Just be careful

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Aaron w
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear bluethunder320 - We sincerely apologize for the noise and disturbances you experienced during your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Let me be simple a big dump.People report that guest's are losers that they are but mostly the staff and the gang banger manager trying to act professional!!!
The housekeeper s and fake repair staff play with your plumbing all day for what who knows most likely because they envy the guest.Housekeepers make noise against your door at 8am every day.I clean to and its not a noisey task.One room the plumbing went in the middle of a shower they send a repair guy he looks and says i got to talk to manager then no response for a week.We change rooms and there is a hole in the wall and plumbing being played with from hot to cold from housekeepers due to the fact that are room was connected to there plumbing room.I speak all languages and over heard them one day laughing and talking about playing with the water flow on guest s.I was in shock and sad to see grown adults do things like this.Most of them are illegal mexicans and rent rooms here because they dont have there papers for citizenship. Then you got white trailer park trash raising families and having babies and living there.Dont waste your money or your time trust me..

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank TheBK
Butternut, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I am in this motel right now. DO NOT STAY HERE. The place is a dump. There are ants (LOTS) of them in my room, the sink is covered in razor blade cuts and cigarette burns where people have cut up and cooked drugs, parking is horrible, and so are most of the rest of the guests. First night there was a loud drunken fight next door which went on for several hours, then a woman was bashing her boyfriend's car in (parked 2 spaces next to mine) with a baseball bat. This is NOT also the cheapest motel in the area. Red Roof Inn is actually the cheapest. AND they include internet! When you add the extra cost of the extremely crappy internet in here, the cost is actually MORE than at Red Roof Inn, and the rooms over there are MUCH nicer, as is the whole complex and staff. Here, it is OBVIOUS that the owners don't give a damn. DO NOT STAY. This is just a party place. WHAT A DUMP! I am going to the Red Roof Inn and getting the hell out of here. Trust me, and do the same.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Linda S
Westland, MI
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This property has been recently refurbished. The rooms are nice and clean. The motel is convienently located near O'Hare International. This motel is a bargain considering the average prices in the Chicago area. Nice place to stay for 1-2 nights. Downside, parking is limited here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Booked a room at the Motel 6 - Elk Grove Village, IL for one night on 09/01/12. Select the room and "paid" or Guaranteed the room with a credit card. 30 mins later I arrive and head into the office to get situated. I say I made a reservation and here is my info. Then they proceed to tell me that they can't find it and they are sold-out anyways..

Well, I say I have a reservation and here it is. This did absolutely nothing. The worst part was I had to find another room miles away. The lady told me, she can call another property and hold a room. Not sure that was the best idea, considering that I had a reservation and it made no difference.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank S J
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

We missed our connection so this was the place that United Air gave us for free. If it hadn't been free, I wouldn't have stayed- it was a 45 min cab ride from the airport to a unsafe part of town and the room was pretty gross.

This place had bullet proof glass likes bank at the check in counter, and since we checked in so late at night, it made me wish I had a bullet proof vest on too! Can't blame them for protecting themselves if it really is that bad out there, I just had never stayed in a hotel where burglary was such a bad issue to warrant these protective measures.

The room itself was a decent size.

There was a spider under my pillow, long hairs in the bedding, a short wiry hair when I unwrapped the pre wrapped soap, a screw randomly sitting on the floor of the tub, and another big spider in the tub.

Because of all the hairs and the spiders, i left my regular clothes on to sleep, but still woke up with a spider bite on my leg!!!

All in all, it was one of my least comfortable and clean hotel stays ever.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank RobsLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#10 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Motel 6 Chicago - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!