“Comfortable, Good Value, O'Hare Shuttle Day and Night”

Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Fairport, New York
“Comfortable, Good Value, O'Hare Shuttle Day and Night”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed seven nights, touring Chicago around my nephew's running in the Chicago Marathon.

Shuttle picked me up at O'Hare at 8:50 A.M. My single, non-smoking room with a King-Size bed was ready upon my arrival despite a posted check-in time of 3 P.M.

For those without a car who want to go to downtown Chicago there are two options. PACE Bus #223 can be hailed directly in front of the Inn on Touhy Avenue. It takes you to the Rosemont Blue Line station and you can take the Blue Line to Chicago. Total Trip time about an hour. I used the CTA/PACE 7-day pass ($28) for all my travel. Alternatively, you can take the Inn shuttle to O'Hare and the Blue Line Train from there; shuttles are scheduled every half-hour in peak morning (sign up the night before) and evening times and on request at other times. There is a courtesy phone at the O'Hare Shuttle Center.

The room was fairly large and comfortable: in addition to the king-size bed it had a table and chair set up like a desk and a lounge-chair. Decent lighting. Shower was great with very hot water available at all times. Room had coffee service. Soap, shampoo, & conditioner provided.

Despite the proximity to O'Hare and the fact that Touhy Avenue is a major truck route, the room was quiet and sleeping not a problem.

The included breakfast was sketchier. The juice machine was broken my entire stay, so no juice. Some days the only fruit was oranges. Cereal, toast, bagels were available. No other hot items. Breakfast is 6 A.M.-9 A.M. M-F and 7 A.M. - 10 A.M. on weekends; normal for most places but less convenient given the numbers of early morning flights.

There is really nothing in the immediate area of interest to most folks. There are three restaurants within walking distance: Subway (not open past 8 P.M.), Burger King, and a sports bar that serves food until 4 A.M. I found the music at the last far too loud for my comfort.

I got a good deal on Priceline.com in combination with my flight, so I spent less for my 7-night stay than I would have for one night in downtown Chicago. Of course you have a 2-hour+ daily commute to get to downtown locations. Baymont Inn was a more than satisfactory choice for me, a traveler with more time than money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Here at Baymont we have people who stay with us from all over the wrold, and they come for all different ocasions and reasons. If they home for a conference or a marathon we make sure to make their stay pleasant and memorable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
LINCOLN
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I selected this hotel because it was inexpensive and because it had a free shuttle to O'Hare Airport. I was satisfied with the price for my room at this hotel, but I was extremely disappointed in the shuttle. When I arrived on a Friday night at O'Hare, there was literally a hoard of people waiting for the shuttle. When it arrived, there was a huge fiasco trying to board the shuttle and people were literally shouting over who should get to fill the 10 seats on the shuttle. Some people said they had been waiting for over 2 hours. I traveled from O'Hare to the hotel at 3 times and each time I waited at least 30 minutes for the shuttle. I also took the shuttle from the hotel three times. Two of those time, the driver dropped me off far away from the CTA blue line. One time he dropped me off near the Delta gates and another time he dropped me off near the arriving passenger ticket level. The walk to the shuttle was at least a half mile from each location, which I wouldn't have minded except that I didn't know where to go to reach the train. In both instances, the driver asked where we wanted dropped off and I told him the CTA train. The driver in the morning also drove very erratically and quickly -- I did not feel safe.

I checked in on a Friday night and had to wait for an unacceptably long time to check in. There was only one man at the front desk. He was working as quickly as he could, but there REALLY should have been more people manning the desk. That one man was checking in customers (there were at least 6 of us waiting to check in), handling the phone, managing the shuttle driver, unlocking the front door when people arrived, and addressing other customer concerns (at least 3 people came down because their keys didn't work). The whole check-in process took almost an hour.

My room was clean and comfortable. However, the efficiency of the cleaning staff was the ONLY positive part of my stay at this hotel.

The breakfast room was really small and the food items seemed to always be running out.

The television picture was very poor and made it extremely difficult to watch television.

I will not return to this hotel and would strongly discourage anyone from staying there. The service is extremely poor and the shuttle is worthless. People should be aware that this hotel, although O'Hare is in the name, is a good 20-30 minute drive from the airport. And the free shuttle only holds 10 people, is never on time, and was run by unsafe drivers.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Sometimes the situation with the vans can get out of control, on very busy nights there might be a lot of people waiting to be picked up. Unfortunitely we are located 15 minutes from the airport, and the round trip takes about 30 minutes. If our van driver gets stop by a crossing train, we might even loose more time. We try our best to make the round trip withing 3o minutes, but some times it is just imposible. Also when the driver gets to the door, they have to make sure to pick up people that waited the longest first.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Your policy of using minivans is misguided. I like staying at the Baymont and the staff is
great. But I look for deals at other hotels because I am not gauranteed to get a ride to the
hotel when i want and have to squeeze my baggage into very limited space. Servicing a
hotel the size of Baymont with a 4-5 passenger family van is plain stupid. Yes I am sure
it saves gallons of gas.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
We apologize if any guests experienced a long waiting time for the van, also we apologize for any guests who missed the fan due to the van being full. We only use the minivan on slow days, but things can get really busy really fast and we do our best to avoid shuttle overbookings.
CEDAR HILL
Reviewed 5 October 2012

uncomfortable old bed about to fall apart with holes in it
maids that are in a rush to get their job done by knocking on your door at 8am then again at noon, even though I advised(and agreed to by clerk) the front desk I would be leaving at 1pm
after knock ,continuously,I called the front desk,who assured me, they would talk to the maid supvr, yet at noon, it happened again.
tv is outdated,check out your competition.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We apologize for any inconviniences when it comes to room service, when the guest is given a late check out they should not be bothered until that time when it comes to check out. We are in the process of getting new flat screen TVs for all the rooms.
MOORESVILLE
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The hotel is just ok. I'm a frequent guest, but I only stay there due to the rate and location. Most of the bathrooms have toilets that run or drip continuously and noisy or non working bath fans. Bed linens are average to poor. Rooms are very quiet. Exercise room is just 3 older machines. The usually only have one clerk working so if there are multiple check-ins, waits could be longer than necessary.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont2881, Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
On behalf of Baymont, we apologize for any inconviniences and we are awlays working to improve our service to our guests. We will make sure that it is easy for our travelers to find our shuttles at the airport, we will uses our webside to post our information on how to pick up the shuttle from the airport. Our maintanace personel is working around the clock making sure our toilets are working and not running as well as making sure our exercise equipment is functional as well. Also we apologize if any guests who do not smoke and had to saty in a smoking room, this issue is being addresed.
Platteville
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Baymont on Touhey is good value -we used the park and fly option - all worked well
except we had a mix up on where to met the shuttle on our return. The hotel could
have avoided this by supplying a list of instructions. All in all the hotel was fine and
I would stay there again. Larry Bowden

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Here at Baymont we try our best to accomidate our guests as best as we can, and the park and fly package is one of our best deals that makes everyone happy. Our guests can leave their car with us in a secure parking lot, and we drive them to and from the airport at thier request.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare? Share your experiences!