Stayed seven nights, touring Chicago around my nephew's running in the Chicago Marathon.
Shuttle picked me up at O'Hare at 8:50 A.M. My single, non-smoking room with a King-Size bed was ready upon my arrival despite a posted check-in time of 3 P.M.
For those without a car who want to go to downtown Chicago there are two options. PACE Bus #223 can be hailed directly in front of the Inn on Touhy Avenue. It takes you to the Rosemont Blue Line station and you can take the Blue Line to Chicago. Total Trip time about an hour. I used the CTA/PACE 7-day pass ($28) for all my travel. Alternatively, you can take the Inn shuttle to O'Hare and the Blue Line Train from there; shuttles are scheduled every half-hour in peak morning (sign up the night before) and evening times and on request at other times. There is a courtesy phone at the O'Hare Shuttle Center.
The room was fairly large and comfortable: in addition to the king-size bed it had a table and chair set up like a desk and a lounge-chair. Decent lighting. Shower was great with very hot water available at all times. Room had coffee service. Soap, shampoo, & conditioner provided.
Despite the proximity to O'Hare and the fact that Touhy Avenue is a major truck route, the room was quiet and sleeping not a problem.
The included breakfast was sketchier. The juice machine was broken my entire stay, so no juice. Some days the only fruit was oranges. Cereal, toast, bagels were available. No other hot items. Breakfast is 6 A.M.-9 A.M. M-F and 7 A.M. - 10 A.M. on weekends; normal for most places but less convenient given the numbers of early morning flights.
There is really nothing in the immediate area of interest to most folks. There are three restaurants within walking distance: Subway (not open past 8 P.M.), Burger King, and a sports bar that serves food until 4 A.M. I found the music at the last far too loud for my comfort.
I got a good deal on Priceline.com in combination with my flight, so I spent less for my 7-night stay than I would have for one night in downtown Chicago. Of course you have a 2-hour+ daily commute to get to downtown locations. Baymont Inn was a more than satisfactory choice for me, a traveler with more time than money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a hotel near Chicago O'Hare Airport? The Baymont Inn and Suites O'Hare is pleased to provide our guests with exceptional service and quality amenities at an affordable price. Whether you are here for business or leisure, you can enjoy our Fitness Center, and Free High Speed Wireless Internet in all guest rooms, Free Cable, and much more. We have several restaurants nearby, including the Korner House Restaurant & Lounge which is adjacent to the hotel. We are located minutes from Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Blue Line Train to downtwon, Allstate Arena, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center and a convenient drive to Downtown Chicago with premiere shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Ohare / Elk Grove Village
- Baymont Inn & Suites Ohare / Elk Grove Village Hotel Elk Grove Village
- Ohare Baymont Inn
- Elk Grove Village Baymont Inn