“Leaving out such important info.”

Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Leaving out such important info.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying here November 11 for one night. So we had a conference all day today at a dif. hotel. I type the location in my GPS and I brings me to a warehouse and its the wrong location everything wrong we looked for a half an hour after getting anjoyed and it getting late and dark we just call we get hung up on 3 times by a guy and we call again and we speak with guy and he says o we changed are hotel name week ago..UM what?! My family member got the room a day or 2 ago and the front desk didn't say anything nothing... So we to the hotel and check in and the lobby smelled like smoke no one at the front desk. Got to the room and it was nice but the bathroom tile was cracked up the bed comforter was stained the walls were stained with construction fails.. rude sercive but good price. Just a waste of time that we weren't told that the name changed. So don't GPS it!!

• Stayed November 2013
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
On behalf of Baymont I would like to apologize for the confusion with the address of our hotel, we tried to inform as many guest as possible about the change but we can't informed them all. The address is still the same only the name changed, we really appreciate your feedback and thank You for staying at the Travelodge.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Merrick
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Free shuttle to and from the airport whenever you want for the whole stay. The rooms were okay. The bathroom was clean and nice. One of the comforters had a bloodstain on it. (Gross, but I had another bed to sleep in) I made my reservation through Wyndham with a 25% discount. Then when I checked out, the hotel told me that the rate they received was $15 more per night than what I made a reservation for. They told me they couldn't do anything about it and told me to contact Wyndham directly and wouldn't even look at my email that I received after making a reservation. If I knew the amount I was going to be charged for my stay, I wouldn't have picked this hotel since it is in such an inconvenient location if you are not planning to rent a car. It takes about an hour to get to Downtown Chicago by subway and add 15 minutes from the hotel to the airport by shuttle. Free breakfast is just muffins, waffles, and bagels with coffee and juices. Nothing special.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Going through a 3rd party reservations can be tough and confusing ,there are many deals given to guests but not explained all the way. Many guests are confused at check out due to rate changes, and that can not happen. This issue will be looked at and fixed. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your feedback.
Ripley, Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I checked in on Friday and was checked in by Paul Kowalik, a really great Desk Manager. He only had one smoking room left, so he put me up in a Jacuzzi Room. The door lock didn't work with my key (It needed a battery), but he apologized and let me into my room with his master key every night! It was like having a Butler! The room was average, but clean and Paul had to hunt me down a remote for the TV, but I was pleased with my stay, if only by Paul's great demeanor and speedy resolution to my concerns. My stay was fine until Monday morning, when I went to extend for two more days. That's when I met Donna.... Her first question was : HOW DID YOU GET THAT ROOM AT THAT RATE?!?! If you're gonna stay, I'm going to have to raise the rate or move you to another room. Now mind you, its 5:30 AM.... SO I said fine, move me to another room. She put me in 110 and gave me the key. This room smelled heavily of smoke and had no refrigerator and no microwave. I went back and asked if she had a room with those and she said no, only in the room I was in. I gave her back the keys and made reservations at another hotel. I would have stayed here for three more days, but I didn't want to tangle with Donna anymore. If you don't have to check out early, its a great place to stay, just don't bother the night auditor.....I won't be back. Anyone can build a hotel, its harder to build a pleasant competent staff of people to run it, especially in Chicago.

Room Tip: Try the Super 8 next store. The folks there have always been great. I'd have stayed there, but t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We really appreciate your feedback, and I am sorry you had a bad experience with Donna. This is not how our costumers service is here, and I am very sad to hear this news. This issue will be addressed very soon.
Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Ultimately, you get what you pay for. Shabby hotel in a desolate neighborhood (no restaurants around, across the street from an oil storage facility). First floor reeked of cigarettes and the room stank of mildew. Had these been the only problems, I would have given it 3 stars though, because as I mentioned, you get what you pay for. For a quick overnight stay to catch your flight, not bad.
The real problem I had, and the reason I gave it two stars and felt compelled to post was the staff and shuttle service. First of all, shuttle service TO the airport was fine, so no complaints there. The problem was getting picked up FROM the airport. I called a few minutes before getting down to the curb to get an idea of when and whether the shuttle was coming. The front desk assured me a shuttle would be there in 10 minutes. We got down there within those 10 minutes and waited. 15 minutes later, nothing, so we called again to double-check. He assured me the shuttle was right around the corner. 20 minutes later, still nothing. Called again. He told me that I had missed it, which I seriously doubted since we scrutinized every van and shuttle that drove by. He assured us the shuttle would be there within 10 minutes. Finally after almost an hour, shuttle arrived. There were two other groups of people who had been noticeably agitated and also calling the hotel about the lack of shuttle. Come to find out they had been waiting for over an hour and had been also told they had missed the shuttle. LIES. When confronted, driver ignored us and did not even attempt to apologize. It would be one thing if the front desk admitted that there was some issue with the shuttle, but to lie to us I thought was completely unacceptable and unprofessional.
We finally arrived and I gave him my name, he didn't have any reservation for me. So I called Expedia and waited 20 minutes to try to resolve that, because front desk threw his hands in the air and basically said it wasn't his problem. After waiting on the phone for 20 minutes, it FINALLY dawned on this guy that they had switched my first and last name. He hadn't bothered to check this and there is no way someone has my last name as their first name. He should have noticed pretty quickly. Again, no apologies.
Hotel would have been mediocre and acceptable but for the lying and incompetent staff.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms at all cost. Didn't have one, but first floor reeked SO BAD of cigarette smo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ExpTrvlr
Baymont2881, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
First I would like to apologize for the negative experience, specially when it came to the van and the costumer service. Usually the round trip to and from O'Hare is 30 minutes, when the traffic is bad it can be longer but there is no reason for the van to take up to an hour to make a round trip. We will address that with the drivers. Also I would like to apologize that no one was cooperating with you, and no one apologized for the inconvenience. We will also address that with the staff, and thank you for the feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare? Share your experiences!