“Great vegan choices”
Review of Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze
Ranked #39 of 150 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Description: Brain Freeze is an ice cream shop located in Downtown Elmhurst.
Description: Brain Freeze is an ice cream shop located in Downtown Elmhurst.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Although I'm not vegan, I went with the gelato and was not disappointed. The chocolate italian ice was some of the best I've had. The girl helping us was really accommodating in looking for ingredients (no egg) and seemed to enjoy her job. We went in just to look as we were waiting for a take-out order elsewhere, but ended up eating dessert first--a great choice!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have stopped here 3 times. Great flavor selection and fun, child-like atmosphere. I find the portions to be very small and the ice cream melts quickly....as soon as they hand it to you. It has completely melted and disintegrated before you take 3 steps out of the store. I find the portions to be the size of palate cleansing sorbet with champagne prices. Will go for yogurt or ice cream elsewhere. There's a different shop on every block in Elmhurst. I wanted to patronize smaller independent store, but they have given me no reason to come back.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

This is a fun ice cream shop for kids and families. The staff is ALWAYS so friendly to us! It is conveniently located downtown Elmhurst with free parking nearby. Their prices are very, very reasonable too and they are usually very generous with their scoops.