Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
US$146
US$128
ExtendedStay
US$76
All reviewsfront deskparking lotfitness centerhot tubbusiness tripa great stayrooms are cleanexercise roomnice propertybed was very comfortablethe room was nicefirst floorgreat customer servicestaff was very friendlybistromarriottlobby
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been travelling to Elmhurst monthly for almost ten years, and I consistently choose to stay at this property. My travel expenses are all reimbursed and I have the choice of where I stay. I find the front desk staff always accommodating. The room is always clean with everything in good working order. The hotel is an older Courtyard though recently renovated to include the Bistro. Breakfast to order is served rather quickly to the table and the evening Bistro service is handled well by Nuvia. The housekeeping staff is always pleasant. Through all the seasons that Chicago experiences, this property has always served me well for the weeks that I must work in the greater Chicago area. I recommend this without qualification..

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room along the back - away from the traffic noise of route 83.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for always returning to stay with us! We love to hear that we are able to continually exceed expectations. Our new Bistro concept serves our guests very well, as it provides a variety of options for both breakfast and dinner. The best part is that it is customizable to suit the needs of our guests. As you said, it helps that our Bistro team is top notch.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stay here every month or so while visiting our son and his wife and children. I need a good bed in a room without 2 cats and a dog! We love this place. It is immaculate and fresh and roomy. The breakfast isn't free but it is reasonable, full service and very good. The lobby and open spaces are generous and well lighted. Most important though... the staff. EVERYONE we have met is friendly and genuinely helpful. Last weekend I had an unusual request. For medical reasons I needed the head of the bed propped up by 6". I asked the desk attendant and he immediately radioed the maintenance person who was on his way out the door for the end of his shift. He came back in, went to the room with me so I could explain my requirements and then he got it done while I headed over to see the kids. And we needed 4 extra pillows. No problem. Just great! I have never been treated better... anywhere in the world. Enjoy the people! And Chicago... what a great city!

Room Tip: One time the boys in the pool (in a separate, adjacent enclosure) were noisy and we could hear them in our room a little bit. But it was all quiet by 10pm.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It seems like you are able to take advantage of most of our hotel's amenities. I hope you are able to take the family to our pool when you are here. I know that it is always a favorite of our guests with kids. I am also glad to know that we were able to adjust the bed for you; I hope that you are feeling better.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Good stay friendly staff represented Marriott brand very well I am a Marriott reward member and have stated at many hotels. This one was great. Located close to highways and several businesses. Also very convenient for the business destinations foe that particular trip. The lobby was well kept and interactive and convenient for travelers of all types. Good stay!

• Stayed: February 2014

I am so happy that we did the Marriott brand proud! As you said, one of our best features is our location. We are a 30 minute trip to Chicago and are right near I-290, I-294, I-355, and I-88. It makes it very convenient for the traveling business person.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have stayed here many times for business. Always clean and the staff here is crazy good - nice, friendly, and they make you feely home more than any other hotel I can remember. Good use of the common areas - very functional. Usually a great price for what you get.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you so much for your compliments! I am glad that our space suits your needs. When the property was remodeled, the team kept in mind what are guests are looking for: comfort, convenience, and access. Both of our two lobby areas have tons of outlets, as do our rooms and the entire hotel has excellent WiFi reception.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

a great place and well worth the money the room was laid out just right and very comfortible. the bed was comfortible room was clean and quiet not a lot of noise from the hall or other rooms. I stay here each year on the night of a club I belong to's banquet

Room Tip: I stayed in a swite well worth the few extra dollars
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! Our hotel is very quiet, especially if you are in a westward facing room! It is a great place to get some work done or to relax. The best part is that all of our linen is brand new and super soft, so unwinding is made even easier!