“Clean, Friendly, Nice Decor, no coffee in lobby” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area

Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Plover, Wisconsin
“Clean, Friendly, Nice Decor, no coffee in lobby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I like this place and will stay again. Great staff and service. No coffee in lobby, you have to use their bistro Starbucks offering. Breakfast in the bistro was reasonable for what you get. Drinks in the evening are expensive. Hard to access depending on which direction you are coming approaching from but you learn the access points. As many places forget to do is the frequently vacuum the elevators as that is the first and last impression. If you can, avoid the street side rooms as traffic is loud. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mchael S
ElmhurstCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your patronage and will take your suggestions into account.
We look forward to having you return when your travels take you back to Chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I only stayed for a short trip but it was fantastic. The service was great, our hotel room was clean and big for a standard room. The best part was waking up and heading downstairs to Starbucks for a morning brew.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ngonzalez45
Bryan F, Assistant General Manager` at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review!

We are so glad you could enjoy a nice cup of Starbucks while starting your day!

We look forward seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago!!!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I like it when the staff greets you with a smile and a hello. The staff was helpful, pointed us to restaurants, made suggestions, and were all around great. The room was comfortable but had no microwave. Breakfast is slightly on the expensive side at the "bistro". Hard to get in and out of the parking lot. Coming off 83 we nearly missed the entrance, but there was another one around the corner and through a shopping center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roy P
Bryan F, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you so much for your great response and score!

Admittedly, getting to our property can be a little tricky, however, we are glad you found us!

We hope you come and see us again!
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was a weekend stop over on a business trip. A big youth group was in house but staff took it all in stride Nice comfortable rooms and great location opposite Oakbrook Mall and tons of good restaurants in the area. Free parking, fast Internet and great value. Solid propery

Room Tip: High floor to avoid traffic noise from I 88
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael F
Thank you so much for you nice comments and great rating!

We are glad you took in some of the local attractions and we hope that you see us again!
Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed at many court yard marriotts and by far this is one of the most friendliest i stay at. The staff is always extreamly helpful and friendly. The rooms are never dirty. I have many choices when i travel with my job and i always stay here when im in Elmhurst.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank melanie h
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manger at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for continuing to come back to join us! It is the loyalty of guest such as yourself that makes us so successful!
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been travelling to Elmhurst monthly for almost ten years, and I consistently choose to stay at this property. My travel expenses are all reimbursed and I have the choice of where I stay. I find the front desk staff always accommodating. The room is always clean with everything in good working order. The hotel is an older Courtyard though recently renovated to include the Bistro. Breakfast to order is served rather quickly to the table and the evening Bistro service is handled well by Nuvia. The housekeeping staff is always pleasant. Through all the seasons that Chicago experiences, this property has always served me well for the weeks that I must work in the greater Chicago area. I recommend this without qualification..

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room along the back - away from the traffic noise of route 83.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElmhurstCourtyard, Guest Experience Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for always returning to stay with us! We love to hear that we are able to continually exceed expectations. Our new Bistro concept serves our guests very well, as it provides a variety of options for both breakfast and dinner. The best part is that it is customizable to suit the needs of our guests. As you said, it helps that our Bistro team is top notch.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stay here every month or so while visiting our son and his wife and children. I need a good bed in a room without 2 cats and a dog! We love this place. It is immaculate and fresh and roomy. The breakfast isn't free but it is reasonable, full service and very good. The lobby and open spaces are generous and well lighted. Most important though... the staff. EVERYONE we have met is friendly and genuinely helpful. Last weekend I had an unusual request. For medical reasons I needed the head of the bed propped up by 6". I asked the desk attendant and he immediately radioed the maintenance person who was on his way out the door for the end of his shift. He came back in, went to the room with me so I could explain my requirements and then he got it done while I headed over to see the kids. And we needed 4 extra pillows. No problem. Just great! I have never been treated better... anywhere in the world. Enjoy the people! And Chicago... what a great city!

Room Tip: One time the boys in the pool (in a separate, adjacent enclosure) were noisy and we could hear them...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It seems like you are able to take advantage of most of our hotel's amenities. I hope you are able to take the family to our pool when you are here. I know that it is always a favorite of our guests with kids. I am also glad to know that we were able to adjust the bed for you; I hope that you are feeling better.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!