“Engagement Reception”

Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
“Engagement Reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We held our formal engagement party at the Waterford Banquet Convention Center this past April. In addition, we hosted a welcome dinner at the Clarion Inn where we stayed. From the start, Pritesh Gandhi (General Manager) and Arvin (Event Coordinator) were extremely knowledgeable in helping plan our event. We had specific request and Pritesh was more than happy to accommodate requests. Arvin was very helpful coordinating the décor and look of the banquet hall to meet our needs. Veronica was an asset on the day of, making sure everything looked the way we wanted. Any time we had questions or concerns, Pritesh and Arvin were always ready with answers and solutions. They helped us step by step in planning our event and giving us feedback and advice on what works well. Kate was also a vital part of the team helping us plan a welcome dinner for our guests. Ramenta and the staff at Clarion Inn were extremely accommodating to any and all requests. They made our guests feel welcome and at home during their stay. Our guests all mentioned they loved how clean the Clarion Inn was and enjoyed their stay. If we got the chance to do our event over, we would not change a thing. Do not hesitate if you are planning any event at Waterford Banquets, you will not regret it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I booked my stay on groupon about a month prior to my stay. When we arrived we were not in their computers but it was easily solved by the friendly front desk staff and the manager. The room I stayed in was a standard king sized room. The bed was decent ( I own a tempurpedic so I'm spoiled). I liked the room for the price. The main entrance was very nice. I think they recently renovated the hotel. They had a bistro at the hotel which was nice for me and my midnight snacking. The pool was ok. The water was nice and warm but seemed as if it needed more chemicals in it to clear it up a bit. I also wish there was a hot tub because I have back problems. Overall I would stay here again with groupon. It is about 15 mins from the Brookfield, Zoo and about 20 mins from Dave and Busters. The thing that made this hotel was the front desk staff who were very accomodating. The ladies who worked during the morning and afternoon hours were AWESOME.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My engagement party was at Waterford on April 4. The staff was amazing. Not only were they truly accommodating to my needs for the event, the staff at the hotel was very nice and accommodating to my guests who stayed there. They were available for anything we needed and even put up with the slightly buzzed guests staying in their café area at 1:30 in the morning playing Cards Against Humanity. I have no complaints and would recommend this location to anyone who wanted to have a worry free experience for their event.

PS, Walmart is right across the way and so last minute emergency? You got a quick, convenient fix.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kingston, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

am a truck driver,and my truck broke down and was in the shop at frieghtliner in Elmhurst,Il..And I choosed Clarion to stay for the weekend and very glad I did. On a Saturday at miday Kevin from the front desk,came and got me at the Freightliner shop. He took time to help me load my bags from the truck,cause there was quite a few. Got my room...and had a long nice hot shower then went to the bistro and enjoyed a nice hot meal. The room was clean and comfortable,food was tasty. And the staff was friendly and acomadating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Tesh and Kate and all of the staff was absolutely great. I have already recommended this hotel to everyone I know. the service was great the prices was right and the staff was very helpful with getting our venue together

• Stayed April 2014
Hannibal, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place is a hidden gem in the Chicagoland area. Connected to the Clarion Inn, it offers a beautiful function area along with modern rooms including a family suite (with full kitchen) and a honeymoon suite (with a Jacuzzi!). All of the rooms are newly remodeled and each one has a microwave and mini fridge! There is a pool as well. The hotel is located right on a main road (83/Kingery Hwy) and is about 5 minutes from downtown elmhurst and right across the road from a Super Wal Mart.

The food is through India House and is nothing short of amazing, We had 2 functions there (Friday mehndi and Sunday reception) and Pritesh worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted in the way of food, decoration, bridal suites and a discounted room block rate.

They specialize in Indian/Pakistani events but during our weekend there we saw events of all sorts.

Arvin handled our planning needs and was a key advisor for every facet of both functions. You can tell he knows his stuff and has suggestions that will really guide you through the stressful task of planning a wedding!! We had 2 tastings at the India House restaurants and Barbara was there to walk us through the food and bring us different choices based on our likes and dislikes. She was absolutely instrumental in making sure we had the food we wanted!!
Once onsite, some other key players also really stood out for us. Besides Arvin, Raminta handled our room block with expertise by making honoring pretty much any changes and requests with lightning speed. She was available over phone or email and was able to ensure that our room block was up to date and accurate at any given time. Veronica was our banquet captain, and she and her staff were excellent throughout each event. We especially appreciated the help of Manuel, who was able to help with pretty much anything we needed and was always checking up on my bride and I to make sure we were fed and watered through each event.
Overall the food, venue, and sleeping rooms are great here at Waterford, but anyone can construct those things. The real exceptional piece here is the staff that Pritesh has assembled and how they all work together to go above and beyond to make your special event the best one ever.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rahil C
Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Been Staying at the Clarion Inn over 5 years when I come into this area for business. Very easy access from interstates and close to the Ohare airport. Beautiful large parking, excellent rooms, and the greatest service! Cable televisions in the room features all the movie channels, local channels, and cable channels. Restaurant onsite very reasonable on pricing and excellent food. Large heated swimming pool and great fitness center.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center

Been to Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center? Share your experiences!