“As good as it gets”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Absolutely ZERO problems here. The staff was considerate, the room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I had troubles navigating my way around the area so the staff memebers, Jessica and Michelle, took a lot time out to help me get to where I was going. There is something to be said about common courtesy! I recomend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Charlene,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I'm so pleased that Jessica and Michelle were able to help you get around the area. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The rooms were very clean and comfy. All questions I had about the area were answered wonderfully by the staff. Betty was extremely knowledgeable. I loved that the rooms came with a fridge, microwave and stove top so that I was able to bring food and not have to always eat out. It was a great price and would totally recommend this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Elmhurst. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I booked my room on Hotwire.com and this hotel offered an amazing two night rate. This hotel checkin was extremely late, 3:00PM. Once in the city I called the hotel to see if there was a early checkin, the reaponse was no. I then asked can I drop my bags off because I do not have a vehicle, the response was no and I was forced to carry my bags everywhere for 6 hours. Upon arriving to the hotel I was able to look at the website and was quite impressed with the pictures. After being allowed into my room I was so disappointed. The chair was filthy, the carpet was dirty, the bathroom sink knobs were loose, the remote control did not have a back on it and the 14in telivision color was horrible, and there was leftover food from T.G.I. Fridays in our refrigerator. This morning when I called down for fresh towels I was told to bring my used towels to the front desk and there I will receive fresh ones. I have never had this happen before!!!! I was furious because what type of service was being provided? I had no problem giving their towels back however they should have picked them up from my door and replaced those with fresh ones. I will never stay at an Extenend Stay Hotel ever again. This experience was by far the worst I have ever received staying in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank MyeshaW1
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Travellers are raving about these Elmhurst hotels

Madison
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Run don't walk away from this place. New manager " Jessica" and IT shows, the old manager Jim NEVER would allow this. Yellowed bedsheets, vomit in stairways left and never wiped up completely, beer bottles in elevator, burn holes in bedspreads, spilled macaroni never swept up, only swept into cracks of sidewalk, ripped up towels laying around in halls, cig. butts never picked or swept up

And to top it off some filthy old woman ( looks and smells like she is infested with lice) going through garbage.

Seedy looking guests knocking on other guests doors and asking for money, coffee, and milk.

If Joe isn't working, don't expect to find anyone at the front desk, young heavy black(?) girl too busy talking on phone with friends in back or sitting outside with guests, instead of tending to other guests needs. When she does come to the desk , very unprofessional chewing food while taking care of guest, food on front counter.

We in fact checked out and went to a different location and learned that there were several guests who thought the same as us who ended up leaving as well.

Room Tip: Marriot Residence Inn
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mary B
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this review, 16 July 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

no frill hotel (convenient and close to where i has some business). not far from o'hare airport.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 10 August 2011

A/C froze up in the middle of the night, carpet dirty, smelled like a barn and they did not give me any compensation for the misery. Do not go here. Hotwire put me here when I asked for a 3-star NEAR O'Hare........not 10 miles away in the sticks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Ravenpac
Port Elizabeth
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Bedbugs in our first room and had to be moved to another room. The staff was not very accomodating about it and acted like it was our fault. They even charged us more money to move rooms. The hotel is very outdated and our feet were black from walking on the carpet. The bed was beyond horrible, the floor would be more comfortable. In all, it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mwoodil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!