Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Reviewed 14 January 2014

WOW! This place is amazing! I have stayed here on numerous occasions, and have been amazed every time! The staff here outranks and outperforms any of the "high-end" hotels you will ever go to. People are super friendly, helpful, and responsive to all your needs. The prices make this place very affordable and truly a delight to stay. There is always plenty of parking, and the free complimentary coffee and light mini breakfast is always a treat. The rooms are a great size which features: Full Kitchen (Cabinets, Full Fridge, Stove Burner, Sink), Two desks, Recliner, free wifi access, and abundant two tier closet space! Several washers / dryers located on the ground floor. The hotel is close to the expressway/ highway, so traveling is never a problem.

An organization is only as good as the people working there, and that is especially the case with this place. Kudos to the person responsible for hiring such a customer-oriented team of people!

*Tanya is always friendly, super helpful and an absolute pleasure to interact with.

*Betty is very resourceful and helpful!

*Rosie is the heart and soul of the hotel.

*Nick handles any maintenance calls promptly and is a super nice guy!

Other great staff include: Mary and Gary as well!

This place is a true gem!

-Phil E

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Philip - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such fantastic things about our hotel and staff. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our service and the way we made you feel so welcome during your stay.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to continuing our service to you!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The staff are amazing and the place is amazing.I have never stayed at a place like this before and I love it. I have told everyone I know about this place. Thank you so much for great service and amazing care thank u again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mikeyboo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Extended Stay Elmhurst and our staff. We strive to provide a great stay fr all of our guest and I am pleased to hear that we met that goal with you.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband, myself and our family cat recently stayed at the ESA in Elmhurst for 9 days. Since our trip exceeded a week, the daily rate was very attractive -$65.99. This was our first stay in an Extended Stay, but it won't be our last! This property was very clean and modern as it was recently renovated. We had a King suite which included a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave and a stovetop with a couple burners. Pans, silverware and dishes are included, but very limited. We did only limited cooking as there are so many great restaurant along 83 or Kingery, which is very close. If you need a wine bottle opener however, there isn't one provided or available in the hotel (I found out).
Our room was very comfortable; the hotel is quiet and located in an industrial park. There are no restaurants or stores within walking distance. We used the laundry room a couple times. The machines were clean and there were plenty of them; 4 washers, 4 dryers. The hotel employees were friendly and helpful, providing clean towels, paper products, coffee etc. as we needed them.
A 'grab and go' breakfast is provided, including coffee, tea, cereal bars, instant oatmeal, muffins, oranges and apples. However, there isn't a dining area - this is located in the rather small lobby.
If you're looking for the amenities provided by the larger hotel chains, such as Hilton and Marriott, this isn't the place for you. For our needs it was a great location and provided everything we were looking for at a reasonable price.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Kathy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel. It was wonderful to hear that our rooms equipped with kitchens worked out so well for you and your family. We are so happy to provide our quiet and comfortable rooms and the staff and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Helpful staff. Very gracious and went up and beyond their duty to make my stay a very pleasant time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great service. I'll stay here again on my return trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of our property. I'm thrilled that the staff was so gracious and your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Let me start off with the fact that this was the first ESA room that I didn't feel compelled to clean before unpacking my bags! Nicely updated, comfy, & yes, really clean. Betty at check-in was great. She allowed me to view 3 different rooms to pick one that suited me best. Altho I have stayed at ESA before, she thoroughly reviewed the policies with me. I was only staying 7 nights so housekeeping wasn't performed. If you need anything, ask at the front desk. They provide a basket in the room for trading in towels. i appreciate having the kitchenette, so did not use the breakfast option. There is a grocery store on Grand & York Rd, and restaurants nearby. Good location, as far as highways go, and the girls were helpful when I needed directions. I saw people walking dogs out back so it's pet-friendly, as well (check fees).

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway, if that sort of noise bothers you. They share a driveway with a use...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Simple lobby, no amenities to speak of in rooms, get your own towels if you need them, make your own bed, breakfast called a "to go" meal. Coffee, breakfast bar, package muffin, oatmeal packet.. 84.99...that's the downside.
Upside is that the was a fully equipped kitchen, wonderful bed, clean as a whistle and quiet as heck. Would we stay again?
Yes we would. Try it ,you'll Like it
If you don't need the room and meal frills.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our fully equipped kitchens and clean, comfortable rooms provided you with an excellent stay. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

near the hindu temple (I had to photograph a wedding there this past weekend-- see facebook.com/DreamlitePhotography ) and loved this hotel. the inside was fresh and modern. the facilities were clean, well-maintained and easily accessible. i came 1.5hrs early before my check-in and they still accommodated me with a new room on the first floor. Excellent staff (special thanks to Vilma for all her help). The breakfast was a bit lacking-- grab-and-go bars and instant coffee and oatmeal-- but my room was a suite (stove + fridge) so I was left very content.

Room Tip: come early and ask nicely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our fresh and modern rooms. I'm so glad we were able to accommodate your early check-in! We appreciate you letting us know that our breakfast options weren't satisfactory to you. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a fully equipped kitchen to make a full meal right in your room! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!