“Good Value; Clean”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I stayed at ESA Elmhurst while visiting my daughter at school. No frills here, but updated, clean, great service, fabulous value. I booked through the ESA home page and got a kitchenette w/ 2 doubles for $59.

Plumbing fixtures and refrigerator were older but new floors in bathroom, carpeting, furniture, draperies. All was clean and pleasant. Had to pay extra $4.99 for internet service, but at the rate I got, I didn't really care. Room was spacious and comfortable.

TV is smaller model. Location is amongst some newer, well maintained storage facilities, which makes it nice and quiet. Front desk staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I need. I stayed here alone to scout for a place for the whole family to stay for graduation. I think I found it.

This is a great value if you're just looking for a place to stay while visiting or shopping, and the kitchenette is a nice plus. As said in other reviews, a little bit of a hike downtown for shopping, but the parking is free.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 July 2008

Hotwire for $39 a night.

The usual ESA product. Clean and quiet.

A little remote if you are wanting to spend a lot of time downtown. About an hour by car and then train, or CTA.

But on this trip, I was visitng suburban friends that live southwest, west, and far northwest of the city. For this, the place being right next to 290, was great.

I would not stay here if I had to Metra to the city each day.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2007

I don't know what others are saying, but I really liked it! Like many of them, I too booked it through Hotwire and got an excellent rate (around $40). Initially, I too was a bit hesitant after reading some of the other reviews, but upon my first entrance, all of my fears were dispelled. The room was very large (if not the largest I had ever seen, even for an extended stay hotel). The kitchen was nice and tidy, with everything in order, from pots and pans to silverware to standard kitchen appliances. Everything worked too, which was good. The bathroom was also very clean. The bed was comfortable. I guess the only thing that was not so great was the fact that the hotel was located right next to a busy highway and you could hear cars speeding by all through the night. However, since I was dead tired when I arrived, I fell asleep right after, so it didn't really other me. (It did, however, bother my friends in the other room, who tended to be light sleepers.) Overall, though, I didn't have any real complaints. Perhaps the only gripe I had was the fact that I didn't get a chance to fully utilize all the amenities because I got there really late and had to leave really early the next morning! So next time, I'll have to stay longer!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2007

The Extended Stay in Elmhurst was pretty much what I expected for the price … it was in the suburbs and shabby all around. But, for the price you pay, you have to keep in mind you are not going to get a 4-star room with all of the amenities you can imagine. So if you’re on a budget, this is an ok place to book. You won’t be writing rave reviews about how fabulous it was. But you’ll be close to the airport, and you’ll have a mini kitchen suite, a bed, Showtime, and a parking spot (don’t discount the value in that!!). Downtown Chicago is a good 45 mins (at least) drive … expect it to take up to an hour if there is traffic. If you have some extra money to spend, it might be worth checking out another hotel ... although you should remember if you stay downtown you will probably have to pay for parking (I had to pay $30 a night at one hotel).

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena N
Reviewed 30 May 2007

I also booked thru Hotwire at a VERY low rate. As one reviewer said - you get what you pay for. The hotel was clean, everything worked, refrigerator was nice, restaurants and grocery stores close by. Hotel staff was also nice. We stayed 2 nights here and then moved downtown so it was perfect for visiting friends in Chicago and seeing the sights outisde the city. My only dislike was the bed was too hard for me and pillows were much too soft (and only 2 - one per person).

You do need a car to stay here. There is a train station (Metra, not CTA) about no more than a 5 minute drive away from the hotel. I did not use this option but looked into it before I decided to keep my rental car thru this hotel stay for other reasons. The Metra will also take you into the downtown area, but I do not know what parking is like around the train station.

I would consider staying here again if I was able to get the same rate - $39/night.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2006

Booked this hotel with Hotwire. Needed 3 rooms and a convenient place to stay and travel into Chicago for sight-seeing. Hotel met our needs; convenient to have kitchen amenities for b/fast and drinks. There is a supermarket about 1/2 mile from hotel to buy needed supplies. Hotel is clean, although outdated. Fridge in room was extremely loud and toaster didn't work. Good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank bridgenut
Reviewed 12 September 2006

Like the second reviewer, I booked here through Hotwire, and had an excellent rate, less than 1/4 of the rates at downtown hotels. Having had less than great experiences at ESAs before, I was somewhat doubtful, but in the event, it was fine. This is a well kept ESA, clean, and with friendly staff. The room was quiet, fresh, and pleasant. I saw no evidence of the problems encountered by the first reviewer. I did not use the kitchen in my room, however it was nice to have the refridgerator. Location requires a car, it is an easy 15 minute drive to O'Hare. For my trips into downtown Chicago I took the car to Forest Park station park and ride, and then took the blue line train.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank El-Yuca-Ingles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
4 mi away
Clarion Inn Waterford Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare? Share your experiences!