“Hidden Gem!”
other traveller has booked this property
Rear Pergola with Gas Barbecue Sleeping Area
Flatts at Night
Flatts by Day
Gibbet's at Sunset
Gibbet's Bay and Island
The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo (a 5-minute walk down the hill!)
Flatts Inlet at Dusk
The Famous Flatts Tide
St James Court at Sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

thepops_1...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent 6 glorious nights in Bermuda at Dean Hall Nursery at the beginning of June. This was our first visit to Bermuda, but certainly will not be our last. Dean Hall Nursery was perfect for us. The cottage itself is beautiful, charming, clean, and feels like home as soon as you set down your bags. My husband commented several times on how well the cottage was designed and restored.

Being welcomed by Katrina, a cute as a button dog that lives next door was refreshing. She is a wee bit on the pudgy side, most likely due to vacationing guests - yes, we are guilty of daily steak feeding! Although, we soon discovered she is not fussy when it comes to food, ergo the pudgy factor.

The cottage is situated in a great location for sightseeing, being next door to the local aquarium and zoo was a treat. If you go to the zoo - a must, we highly recommend the new Bistro for lunch. Great food, and beautiful water view. We rented a scooter and traveled from one end of the island to the other. It was always nice to come "home" at the end of the day from the beach or visiting nearby attractions. Actually, everything is nearby!

Stephen and his family are wonderful hosts, and he could not have been more helpful. Stephen's mother is a genuine "salt of the earth" woman. She helped us store our bags prior to our check and it was our pleasure to meet her.

The cottage was just right for the two of us, with plenty of space. I felt safe and peaceful at the cottage, and when my husband and I return, we will absolutely stay at Dean Hall Nursery. It is one of those hidden gems vacationers look for when they travel. We travel often, and know a good place to hang your hat when we find one. Almost forgot, the bed and pillows are sooooo comfortable.

Thank you Stephen for allowing us to stay in your beautiful cottage, and relax from our hectic work life for a brief moment in time. Way too brief if you ask me! We'd also like to mention that the people in Bermuda were so friendly and kind to us everywhere we went.

It is now August, and we have been back in full swing work mode. Yep, time to plan for a little R&R.

Nancy and Jim

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of peaceful safety in and around the cottage and neighborhood.
Liked least: Not being able to stay longer.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 Aug 2013
Thanks Jim and Nancy - I hope to welcome you back! Katrina says hello too!

All the best,

Stephen
luther686
Winchester, Virginia
“Great Cottage in Bermuda!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

This cottage is amazing! Everything you need is provided by the owner. Great location in Flatts Village with bus stops all around. Many nice outdoor areas on the cottage including front, side and back sitting areas. Great alternative to the normal hotel vacation. I hope to return one day!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PA

Reviewed 31 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;