“Do not book online”

Fosters Yard Hotel
Fosters Yard Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Polesworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Do not book this hotel online I booked online and recieved a confirmation e mail then 3 weeks later I recieved a phone call from the hotel to say they were canceling my booking as they had a party booking for the whole weekend.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank arickards

Reviewed 26 October 2008

No reception.
No one to show you to your room.
If you go out, do not return after 11.30 as you could be locked out.
(This happened to me)
The management do not live on the premises.

On the plus side the breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank bigbri4n
Reviewed 9 March 2008

Arrived in the early evening, friendly atmosphere in the bar. After a few beers we headed to the adjoining Balti House where we had an excellent meal. The rooms were warm and comfortable. In the morning we woke up to brilliant sunshine and a big boys breakfast. What more could you want.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Psycho566
Reviewed 22 August 2007

The place was filthy, the rooms were falling apart, the expelair in the shower BOX was disgusting, you couldnt call it en suite it was just a box. The balti indian was beneath our window and made the whole place stink of not very pleasant smelling curry. We booked for friends and my friend cleans for a living she was not impressed!!
I complained the first morning but it fell on deaf ears, they just agreed with me. If you go there take some slippers, you wouldn't want to put your feet on the carpets!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank bur13
Reviewed 4 March 2006

This hotel was shabby and there was a nasty looking pile of junked Van rusting at the back of the Carpark next to the unkept gardens. The windows in the entire establishment were filthy as was the area outside.We had booked to stay online and when we ventured inside were told that they hadn't recieved our booking despite confirming it. (for some reason the very disinterested and unproffesional woman who appeared from behind the bar told us their internet wasnt working) hmmmm The entire place was shabby, dirty and smelt of curry. We were I guess thankful they couldnt find our booking......Don't go there, its a dive! I wouldn't wish is on my worst enemy...a Travel inn would be far better and the same price....the internet photo is misleading as is their discription of the hotel....trust us, its a DIVE!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank sailingkiwigirl

Been to Fosters Yard Hotel? Share your experiences!