“Good”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went to the pizzeria as another reviewer stated that it was "authetic" Italian pizza. I have been to Italy 4 times, and while this is close, it is not authentic. It is very think, but the crust is very cracker like and not chewy like in Italy. The space is industrial, with a nice seating area near the bar if you need to wait for a table. It is family friendly, with lots of families there. They have a good salad menu as well. The space is a bit cold though, as if they didn't think the loft/industrial look all the way through. It's not quite there.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I moved to Evanston last fall, and we have been searching for a pizza place we liked. We lived near NYC, so we had high expectations that kept getting dashed. Chicago style pizza is one thing, and there are plenty of places that offer it here in Evanston; however, Union Pizzeria is the first thin crust pizza we have found that unites a high quality and well made crust with quality ingredients with a creative menu.

They have their own kiln-like brick/stone pizza oven, and the thin crust is the best we have eaten here in Evanston.

The pricing is a little bit higher than we would like to pay for a pizza, but you get what you pay for. If you want to pay twelve to fifteen dollars for a large pizza, then go elsewhere. Union's pizzas are medium in size for about fifteen dollars depending on the toppings.

Anyway, I was thrilled to find some good pizza, so I wanted to share it with the world.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is our favorite local restaurant, and others love it too so it gets full fast on weekend nights. Menu changes with the season so you get fresh , healthy, delicious options. The small plates are great - try any dark green veggies, green beans, brussels, calamari, octopus, original bruchetta toppings. Avoid boring traditional house salad you can have any where else. Try pizza of week even if it sounds wierd - potato and artichoke?? My own favorite is arugula and prosciutto with bechamel ( light non-oily cheese). Thin crust from very hot oven. Beer on tap is good value and interesting - ask for sample first. If room for dessert try polenta pound cake when they have it.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Even though I have been to the adjoining Space for a musical event, this is my first visit to the restaurant. Street parking is ample and free after 6 PM on weekdays and free on Sundays so this is a plus. The ceiling is high and wide open hence the noise level can be a distraction. It has a section for sitting lounges, the bar and the dining area. I met relatives for Sunday brunch so the menu is broken done by breakfast items and choices of pizza. I ordered 4-cheese thin-crust pizza. It was piping hot and cheesy good. The plate size is big enough that you can share the pizza with others. So I got to taste 3 other pizza: wild mushroom, artichoke and pepperoni/sausage. The pizza is baked in a wood burning oven which is located in the middle of the restaurant. Since this is close to where I live, I can certainly see myself returning to this place and try other dishes on the menu.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Great pizza - not the usual but nice, fresh thin crust style. Also a great wine and beer selection and don't skip the chocolate cake! If you are seeing a show at Space (in the back) you can get a pizza to bring in there.