“Noisy...Heavy...But Ultimately Attractive”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Large warehouse-like room, industrial chic which big pizza furnaces, piles of logs and lots of people rushing around. Seemed to me to be one of the busiest restaurants in Evanston from early evening. Lots of family groups and friends having dinner; quite a nice local-community feel to it. For my tastes a bit noisy and frenetic. Server was very good, solicitous and helpful. However, I found the food to be a bit too much; pizzas were large, heavy and quite authentic in their taste. A lot of the pizza options were sort of non-standard (pushing the upmarket theme; a lot with Bechamel sauce instead of good-ole tomatoe sauce). I also ordered a rocket salad that should have been light but was the opposite because of a significant oily-heavy dressing. So, while I appreciated the ambiance, the food would not be in my favourite category. Wine came in tumblers (huh).

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Good food, nice/friendly service. They were very accommodating on pacing food we had ordered so we could linger over dinner while waiting for the show. Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts sides were good as appetizers. Salmon was excellent. Nice that they put bacon on side to accommodate vegetarian sharing the dishes. Wish they had a gluten free pizza option as those looked very good. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Great Pizzas and other food items, service generally good.
A regular spot for food and meeting friends.
Some of the customers can get a bit territorial around the bar.
The wine list could be improved, it's ok but not great.
Usually there is a decent beer on tap.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Generous sized Large Caesar- more than enough for 4. Two sides and 2 pizzas- we took home leftovers. Service great and bourbon cocktail had plenty of booze.
This place is definitely a repeat.

1  Thank Bernadette A
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I was concerned that I was being too harsh and "swimming against the tide" but I found confirmation of my reactions in another posting. We were seated immediately and saw that the place had not yet filled. Our waitress was the sweet and efficient and fast on her feet. We placed our orders in a timely manner but it took over 30 minutes for a fish entree and a pizza to arrive. I was with a pre-teen and is difficult for them to wait 15, let alone more than 30 minutes. I was comp-ed (without any prompting) for my beer (good try but it didn't soothe me).

I must say the fish was delicious and the sliced potatoes on which it was served were delicious. However, the pizza was an incredible disappointment. The crust was crisp and not too thin; a wonderful accomplishment. However, there was just no taste. There was red but no tomato flavor. There was eggplant but no hint of flavor. There was sausage but all I had was the "feeling" of chewing meat. TERRIBLE. But what confounds me is how were they able to accomplishment it?

There are plenty of other choices, salads, sandwiches, small plates to choose from but they do bill themselves primarily as a pizza venue. Sorry, but I won't be back.