“Best burgers we have ever eaten”
Review of Edzo's Burger Shop

Edzo's Burger Shop
Ranked #9 of 297 Restaurants in Evanston
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We ate at the new Edzo's in Chicago rather than the original one in Evanston. The burgers were cooked to perfection like steaks -- tasty, no grease, plentiful toppings such as lettuce and tomato. The milkshakes are good old-fashioned milk shakes, not a mix that comes out of a container.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Can with the family had a great burger and fries, girls loved the fry's had the lobster fry's there our something to remember the shakes were very thick,just as they should be.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Edzo's has really awesome burgers. Their fries and shakes are pretty awesome as well. My only complaint is that you really can only go there for lunch or a very early dinner since they close at 4PM every day. The place is ALWAYS crowded but it is well worth the wait. They are a little pricey but the food is good and the service is fast!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Everyone told me that while I was in Evanston, I had to try Edzo's. They weren't kidding! This place has the best burgers, fries, and shakes I have ever had. If you're on the fence, stop thinking about it and just go and enjoy. Trust me on this!

After checking in to my hotel, Edzo's was my first stop. It was towards the end of lunch time but the place was still pretty busy. There's a lot of seating but I can see that it gets crowded quickly. If I was a student at Northwestern, I could certainly see myself spending a lot of time here - it really feels like a great locals' college town burger joint. The interior is pretty spacious and brightly colored and very clean. The owner is very visible, walking around to chat with customers, clearing tables, and making sure people don't save tables before ordering (apparently it's a big no-no here). This is a place where all the employees take pride in the business and have a fun time and it shows.

You order at the counter and then wait with your order number by the grill to receive your food. The cashier guy was super helpful and patient while I was deciding what to order and offered some fab suggestions. I had a griddled burger with Merkt cheddar, lettuce, and tomato and a side of regular fries. The burger was perfectly cooked and topped with a healthy helping of Merkt cheddar. I had never had this thick, gooey cheese until my burger at Edzo's (thanks cashier guy for the recommendation!) and now I'm hooked! My Edzo's burger just had that homemade goodness that chain joints like Five Guys and In'N'Out will never have, and quite frankly, it blew them away. The fries were everything fries should be: freshly made, meaty, and crispy with the perfect amount of salt. And, of course I had to add a shake onto all of that calorific goodness. After reading the reviews on Yelp, I was torn between the nutella and peanut butter shakes. When I told the cashier guy about my dilemma, he proudly said he had an even better recommendation for me that wasn't on the menu. (This, my friends, is why you always ask the staff for their recommendations. They KNOW.) He asked if I had ever had Speculoos. I was pretty confused, but he quickly produced a jar of what I know now is Trader Joe's cookie butter and gave me a spoon to taste it. That stuff is what dreams are made of: crushed cinnamon cookies in an almost sinful peanut butter form. And yes, Edzo's makes shakes out of it. It was to die for, and I literally still dream about this shake. Also, they aren't kidding when they call these things five dollar milkshakes. It was HUGE: easily big enough to split and I felt like I had ODed on deliciousness after finishing the whole thing myself. So in case I wasn't clear enough, try the Speculoos cookie shake!

If I could give this place 10 stars, I would. Definitely my favorite burger, fries, and shake ever!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Have a shake and a burger and enjoy the calories! Truffle fries were pretty tasty too. It was always busy around lunchtime but service is fast.