“Sunday brunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chicago
Transit: Purple line and Metra station 4 minutes walk east from Davis station.
Description: The philosophy of the menu at Bistro Bordeaux is an expression of our French culinary heritage, for which we have a profound admiration. The support of our local farmers allows us to use the freshest produce and seafood, just as one would find in the markets in the south of France. The menu showcases the freshness of these pure ingredients through simple, flavorful combinations
Indianola, Iowa
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family of 7 visited here for brunch and all enjoyed it very much. I had the breakfast cassoulet and found it very meaty and delicious. My fiancé ordered the Croque Madame, and it was equally good. I think the prices were a little high - about $20/person before tip and not including alcoholic beverages, but it is a nice place for a special occasion.
Evanston has some great dining choices!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank luv2snkl

evanston,il
“Great French ,no need to drive any further”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to snag a reservation on a snowy Saturday night, having decided not to drive into the big city. Great option
We had a lovely meal in this cozy , French bistro close to home. Excellent tarte, steak frite, and skate . Busy evening and with a rare glitch outer waiter made up for it
Food atmosphere all make you think you've made it to a good Paris bistro
Have great deals during the week on fix prix meal
Nice wine list, knowledgeable servers

Visited March 2014
Chicago, IL
“Marvelous menu and ambiance!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

In Evanston visiting a friend at the hospital, I decided to have dinner at Bistro Bordeaux and was pleasantly surprised at the Restaurant Week prixe fix menu. I was able to sample the food at a very reasonable price for three courses,which included my favorite dessert, il flottante. The salad with apples, walnuts and blue cheese was superb and the entree of trout delicious. The following night after another visit to my friend at the hospital, I stopped in to enjoy the Croque Madam that I had spotted on the regular menu the previous evening. It was exactly what I had hoped, scrumptious! I felt like I was back at Les Deaux Magots in Paris on the first bite. The wine list is exemplary and tastings are generously offered for choice. Great variety of French posters displayed, very much the feel of an authentic French bistro. My new favorite place.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank travelchat
Chicago
“A Slice of Paris in Evanston”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This was our first experience at Bistro Bordeaux, but it won't be the last. We all had the three course Price Fix Menu and it was a true value. The soup was filling and very good, the sausage and head cheese appetizer had an outstanding flavor. As good as the first course was the entrees were even better. All four of us cleaned our plates. Two in our party had the trout, one had chicken and I had the Steak and Pomme Frits. All made the same comment "Excellent".

The third course was desert, and three of us had the profiteroles, while my wife had the Cream Brûlée. Save room for these deserts. One of he things that makes a meal for me is the coffee and this was fantastic.

The one thing I did not mention was the service, it was perfect. The server was there to answer any questions and to make sure our wine and waster glasses were full. Perfect spot to go for a romantic dinner. Reservations on the weekends are a must.

Visited January 2014
Northbrook, Illinois
“Wonderful New Year's Eve”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We went to Bistro Bordeaux for New Year's Eve after having been there in the past once and enjoying the food and atmosphere. The food, staff, dessert, and ambience were all wonderful despite the snowy weather for our early reservation at 8p.m. Our waitress was wonderful and the valet guy went above and beyond that night. Loved that they served a regular menu despite the holiday. We will be back- that delicious chocolate terrine was worth the calories!

• Visited December 2013