“Best in the area”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Evanston
USA
“Best in the area”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I liked the fact that it was centrally located. The hotel was average and the room toward the front of the hotel was a bit noisy with the Air Conditioning on. I'm not sure if it's the same toward the back of the hotel, since it is L shaped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I didn't get to stay here. My review is about the run-around I got and a caution to other travelers. My flight to Illinois from NYC was cancelled because the airport was shut down due to dangerous weather conditions. I called the hotel to cancel my reservation. The hotel staff said that I would receive a full refund, but I had to cancel thru Orbitz since that is how I made my reservation. So I did cancel via Orbitz who told me I would not receive any refund for my 3 night stay. They claimed this was the hotel's policy. I again called the hotel and was told I needed to speak w/ the business manager. However, he was not available although I called during business hours. Incidentally, it was impossible to get Orbitz on the phone. After several attempts, I filed a dispute through my credit card company. The lesson for me, don't book through orbitz. Don't book at Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Adrian B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I am sorry to hear that due to inclement weather in NY, you were not able to stay here. We have a wonderful property here in Evanston, IL and I wish that you we able to experience our hotel. I realize that you had difficulty getting refunded through Orbitz as it can be a challenge when booking through a third party due to their policies. If you still haven't resolved this issue with Orbitz, please contact me directly and I will assist you in getting the proper resolution. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you to Chicago.

Adrian Brewington
(847) 475-6400
Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel provides efficient service and the amenities you might need. The internet works well and easy on all types of devices at the same time. Room service is effective although not available 24 hours. They provide good value for the money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Barry R
cleveland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My son and I stayed for one night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Evanston, Illinois. The hotel is modern, rather large and very clean. The staff at the front desk were friendly and courteous. Our room was very clean and neat, had 2 queen size beds, as well as a refrigerator and a "Keurig" coffee maker. The hotel was very quiet, and we were not disturbed at night by any noise, in the hall or by our neighbors on either side of our room. The hotel does have a restaurant, but we did not use it. It is a very short drive (about 5 minutes) from Northwestern University. The only negative is the expensive parking ($13. self park) in a garage behind the hotel that is a public garage so I'm not sure if it was very secure overnight. However, I guess this is very close to Chicago, and so seems to be a common occurrence. That is the first time I have ever paid for parking at a Hilton Garden Inn.....

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor (I believe the hotel has 5 floors) and our room was very quiet. It was t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stay at this Hilton Garden often and am never disappointed. My job has offices in the area, so we fly in. Very friendly staff and rooms are comfy. Walking distance from many restaurants, both quick eats and more formal dining. They recently remodeled the bar area, which is much improved over what it used to be with plenty of space for a group to spread out and enjoy a drink after work or dinner.

Jackson, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A conveniently situated hotel...close to the "L", restaurants, movie theater, and of courts NU. I have stayed at this location more than any other in the area...cannot be beat for pricing, quiet, and convenience.

Mariemont, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Have stayed here for every Northwestern event and am sad that my daughter is graduating and we will leave what has become a second home while visiting her.

The hotel is clean and bright. The AC is a bit loud when it shuts off but we just leave the fan running to avoid that. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance and the parking garage is very convenient. Good breakfast and free coffee and water the lobby. We prefer lower floor on outside of the building. The elevator is a bit slow.

There is another Hilton in Evanston. We have not stayed there, but the HGI is very easy and convenient.

Room Tip: Lower floor. Outside of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Hilton Orrington/Evanston
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Margarita European Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Homestead
The Homestead
#5 of 8 in Evanston
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston? Share your experiences!