“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Evanston, Illinois
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Steve Schwartz, with Wayne as his #2, run a really good eating establishment with an Italian flair. Walking in the front door, you're always warmly greeted and well taken care of by either Steve or Wayne. I've been going here now for over fifteen years and I've never, ever had a bad meal. In fact, I can (and do) say I've always enjoyed my visit, both food and atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sommersboy

Cleveland, OH
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were just at Campagnola. Very good. We were a group that did not all arrive on time. They were very gracious and let us sit at our table. The staff were very welcoming. The menu was fine: something for everyone. We thought the wine list was well thought-out. In particular, the Chianti we had was very good. The food was very well cooked and the service was fine. We would be happy to return.

• Visited July 2013
Evanston, Il
“Used to be better”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We have been going to this restaurant since it first opened. Had I written a review even last year I would have rated the restaurant excellent but then we had dinner there recently. We sometimes bring our own wine and pay the corkage fee, this time we decided to order from the wine list. It is not a very exciting list, the mark up is usual for a restaurant - 2 and 1/2 to 3 times the list price. I am usually not that particularly except the wine glasses the wait person brought out were small glasses, for white wine, and we ordered red. This was disappointing for a restaurant that likes to be considered more "up scale". He did bring proper wine glasses after I asked. The food was okay, unimaginative. The salad was poorly constructed with too much dressing on it. The service was good. We have decided that the menu at Terra, another local restaurant, is more interesting. We loved the idea of having two local places to go to but are now down to one.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank angten
glenview il
“A little trip ti Italy”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Amazing food. Great service, Great wine and great drinks. What more could you ask for for a perfect evening.
This is our second time we have been there, Loved it the first time with a Romantic dinner with My wife (very romantic) Last night with friends (Fun)

• Visited March 2013
chicago
“Lovely food, unusual combinations. Great servers,Comforrable. Low sound levels.”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Loved food and service. Parking can sometimes be a challenge. Wgen one is satisfied and happy after a meal what else is there to say?

Visited September 2012