“Great atmosphere and delicious Irish pub food,”

The Celtic Knot Public House
Ranked #17 of 290 Restaurants in Evanston
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Celtic Knot Public House is a locally owned and independently operated pub and restaurant located steps from hotels, Northwestern University and public transport in downtown Evanston.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a short walk from Northwestern University , where I was visiting my daughter at her summer program. Their kitchen was open late, while most of Evanston seemed shut down . This was a late Thursday night dinner after a play, and we were very hungry. The choices were all very tempting and sounded wonderful. Fish and chips, shepherd's pie, corned beef sandwich with Irish cheddar on rye all proved to be delicious. This place was a great find and I would love to go back when they have live music.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a great place and a new destination for me. A true Irish Pub with all of the flavor. Reasonable prices and excellent service. Also outdoor seating if the weather permits.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's been a couple years since I've been here, and I'm glad I returned.
Good food, we shared a very good burger and chicken pot pie, reasonable price, fast service, friendly low-key servers. They had music entertainment in the past, maybe still do, but not at dinner time on a Saturday when we were there. A relaxing place where diners can take it easy and not feel rushed.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after attending the Evanston Ethnic Arts Festival. I ordered the Dublin Coddle (traditional Irish bacon & sausage stew, served with homemade brown bread) and my wife ordered the Torch's Salmon Plate (smoked salmon, capers, cream cheese, salad & Irish brown bread). No complaints. Good food, prompt courteous service and a nice Irish atmosphere. Oh yeah, the Guinness was good also...as usual. Would I go back? Yes!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a group in the backroom near the patio. Our bartender was phenomenal. The food came in big servings but it was so good! I had the chicken pot pie which I will crave in the future. Highly recommend to a bite to eat or to watch a game.