“Some the BEST pizza!”
Review of Jonny's Pizza - CLOSED

Jonny's Pizza
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Spent the day in fairview heights and found this pizza place after some searching. We ordered the Saturday family special--salad, pizza, & breadsticks for an awesome price. This ended up being some of the best pizza I have ever had. The sauce is sweet and the ingredients are fresh. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Went to Jonny's Pizza and Pasta. I had the Chicago style deep dish. Which was delish. They are famous for their sweet sauce which it is. And was a nice change from the more acidic sauces. My wife had the Lasagna. She said it was very good. Tasted homemade. The meat had ground beef and bruschetta. We will definitely put this one on our comeback list.

1  Thank markusl41
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The address is a little confusing as I didn't see any signs for Illinois Street which is actually Illinois 159, accessable off of I-64 then South past the St Clair mall on the East side, in a brick strip mall across from the Target Store. This is an upscale strip mall with nice parking. Jonny's is a somewhere near the center of the mall, upon entering I noticed a chalkboard with the daily lunch specials. The interior is also nice, but casual and has both booths and tables. You seat yourself, otherwise it is full service. I ordered a lunch special, a small 8-10" two topping pizza with a side salad and drink for only $6.99 plus tax and tip. After ordering, I looked around noticing others were all eating sandwiches or pasta dishes. The salad arrived with the dressing I specified, the house Italian. It was a good sized salad but consisted of mainly iceburg lettuce with a couple of olives, a small tomato and a few croutons. The dressing was like a typical store bought. The pizza arrived a short time later, a thin "Chicago style" crust cooked to near perfection with just a little browning of the cheese and a decent portion of sausage and mushroom toppings. The sauce used on the pizza was extremely sweet and runny (watch your clothing) and covered up any other tastes. If you like a sweet tomato sauce, you may love it. I prefer a light amount of a complimentary sauce allowing the taste of the cheese and toppings to be evident. A light amount of this sauce might be good on an Italian steak sandwich or pasta with Italian meatballs or sausage. Also offered here are appetizers, other salads, thick & stuffed pizza, sub sandwiches, various pasta based dishes, beer, wine and deserts. I left comfortably full @ only $7.71 plus tip.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Tucked neatly into the strip mall we have driven past Jonny's for years without noticing.

Thanks to tripadvisor.com and my desire to eat someplace new, we gave it a try a few nights ago.

A large pizza to go was ordered, picked up, and quickly consumed. Quite good. The sauce was sweet with a nice garlic flavor.

I was caught off guard by the price ($15 for a large pie) but once I saw the pizza I realized I am so used to the "cheap" chain stores I forgot what a rel pizza was like.

Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Jonny's has been our family's "go to" local pizza place for a couple of years. Nothing fancy, but great pizza at a good price. Their family special is a a good deal (XL 2-topping pizza, breadsticks, salad, and 4 drinks) and is what we usually opt for unless we have a Restaurant.com coupon ( which can't be used toward the family special deal). I've also had their Sicilian pizza and the deep dish - both of which are excellent. We've never been disappointed by the pizza or the service, which is a rare find especially considering we dine there almost weekly. It's a great place for families. Even though its relatively small and usually crowded, we've never had an issue with wait times for a party of 5.