“Great Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
SC
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

On trips between SC and NE we always try to get to this hotel. It looks brand new but is about 2 or 3 years old. They have kept it spotless and the rooms are amazingly large. Beds are great, housekeeping is perfect. Can't say enough about this hotel. The price is really reasonable ($89) but I think that's because it's so hard to find. It's not that visible from the interstate and it winds around behind other restaurants, etc. When we got in on Wed. nite, they had a manager's reception, snacks and free drinks. We had "Red", a waitress help us for breakfast and she's fantastic. Great place that is a keeper on our travel list.

Room Tip: If you want an extra large room, ask if they have any handicap rooms available.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ScNebraskatraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
The Woodlands, TX
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Excellent new Holiday Inn. Lobby is up there with all the four star hotels I've stayed in. The rooms also where very high quality. I felt as if Holiday Inn had taken all my suggestions over the year and final come up with the perfect hotel room. Make-up mirror, refrigerator & microwave (not under the TV but over near the door so not so loud in the room when it cuts on.) Lots of windows, comfortable bed and FINALLY, not the stinky amenities that they serve up at the Holiday Inn Express. I still can't figure out who thinks those smell good!
Staff was extremely pleasant & helpful. The breakfast in the morning was a delicious cooked to order omelet and the waitress was delightful. My only complaint would be they served non-dairy creamer with the coffee instead of half-n-half. To me, there is a BIG difference between the two. Bottom line, highly recommend staying here.
(P.S. There is a St. Louis Bread Co. i.e., Panera Bread one exit to the East if you don't want breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Texas_Gypsie
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 22 December 2011

There is nothing I can say bad about this hotel. Stayed here two nights and am considering flying back to St Louis just so I can stay here again. From the second we walked in, we felt at home. Hotel is very clean and in like-new condition. On our first night stay we were at the bar and Jackie, the Food and Beverage Manager, came up and introduced herself and we talked for a while. She made us feel very welcomed in the hotel. On our second night stay she was also working and came right over and continued talking to us even though there were many other people in the bar/restaurant area, along with some work being done in the lobby. On the morning of checkout, we were putting our luggage in the car and she made it a point to come out and thank us again for staying. We travel to St Louis a couple of times a year for business and we have found our hotel of choice. We will stay here every time. We cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Great Price, Great Food, Great Service, Great People. Thanks again

Room Tip: Be prepared for the best hotel there is
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Corey G
Waipahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 December 2011

One of the best Holiday Inns I have stayed at. There is nothing special about the hotel but it is pretty new and the service is great. I drive out of my way to stay here because it is so nice and clean!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Carol H
Denver Co
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This appears to be a rather new hotel. It is a typical hotel room, clean and efficient. I had a king room with a refrig and microwave. I thought the beds hard and uncomfortable. I stayed there two nights, but not consecutively. In my opinion, the food is expensive and not that good. Be prepared for a shock if you order a Cobb salad--it is "their" version of the famous salad and isn't even close. Most hotels today have a complimentary breakfast, not this one. The second night I stayed there I was given a room that smelled like someone had dropped an entire bottle of perfume on the carpet. There was housekeeping cart right outside the door so someone knew the room was uninhabitable. I complained and was immediately given new room. I had very little interaction with the staff other than trying to get a real Cobb salad and the new room. The staff was courteous but not overly friendly. The desk clerk on Monday the 28th was very nice. There is a mall across the Interstate but you will have to provide your own transportation to and from, you cannot walk across. I travel a lot and I think these rates are a bit high but they are in range with the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you check in. Know in advance this hotel does not have a complimentary...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Dear Guest,
We sincerely appreciate your comments. We contacted the brand the evening you ordered your cobb salad and informed them of your disappointment. Our servers are now verifying the ingredients listed on the menu prior to submitting the order just to insure our guests are pleased with the item.
We would like to apologize for the room that smelled of "perfume". I was glad to see we were able to rectify that issue immediately for you.
I understand you came to our hotel after being dissatisfied with our competitor. I hope your next visit to our area will be perfect.
Have a wonderful Holiday and Happy New Year.
illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2011

this is a brand new hotel, located on Salem Place in Fairview Hts, Ill. Fairview Hts shopping is just across the Interstate 64 which includes a mall, restaurants and other stores. The desk personnel are pleasant, complimentary coffee, cookies and donuts are available, however, this is not a free breakfast hotel. I must add the rate paid was an internet rate of $90 with tax $100 and the surrounding hotels were much higher rate. I determined a cheaper rate was acceptable and I could select a breakfast restaurant and get by much cheaper The rooms and the decor are excellent. Refrigerators are located in each room as well as coffee and coffee maker. Accessibility to the hotel was easy with the intersection of Illinois highway 159.A bit of caution on the overpass, however, Construction might slow one down somewhat.

Room Tip: Reserve by the internet and will provide some savings.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank oxfordcook
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I am in hotels every week and this was by far the best place I have ever stayed!! The staff was excellent and extremely friendly!! Hotel was clean, rooms where spacious and bed was comfortable!! The resturant offered excellent service and accomadated my requests!! I didn't want to leave!! My next stop was a Sheraton and it paled in comparison!! Love it!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jill G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview...
#8 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!