“a little disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Reviewed 30 January 2013

After living in VA for 12 years and going to Hooters on a regular basis I was looking forward to finding my local Hooters and giving them a try. I was a little disappointed in the quality of the wings, somehow they were not up to par. Service was great, atmosphere was great but I just walked away disappointed maybe it was just coz it wasn't my Hooter's in VA but the food just didn't seem the same to me.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The servers were very attentive and the calendar girls signed my little son's calendar. The food was also good especially the fried pickles.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I am not normally a Hooters fan. One thing I specifically enjoyed about this Hooters was the amount of TV's throughout the resturant. They all seemed to be very easy to see from everywhere. I had one service problem with the cook not prepairing my meal properly. However, they did once they realized it was incorrect sent the manager over to appalogize and took a percentage off of my bill. Very Happy with the outcome and service I recieved. Plus added bonus one of the 2012 Calendar girls worked at this resturant.. Great attitude.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We live about 45 minutes from Fairview Heights, so we don't get to go to Hooters often and when we do, it's a bit of a treat. The fried pickles are the best, we always get them. More accurately, the sauce included with the pickles is what sets them apart. I make fried pickles myself that friends say taste just as good, but it's the sauce I have yet to replicate.

The menu has changed...not only have they added a few new items, but some of the old favorites have changed as well. I almost always get their buffalo chicken sandwich, which I've always loved. Before the changes, you had to order fries separate. The order was huge and I rarely ever finished them. Now the sandwich comes with a smaller portion of fries, which I actually like better. BUT, the chicken breast is much, much smaller than it used to be, they use a different bun that's way too big for the piece of chicken, and if I'm not mistaken, the breading on the chicken has taken a turn for the worst as well. Even though the chicken sandwich is smaller, the price hasn't gone down. I'm very disappointed in this change and my friend, who gets the buffalo chicken a lot too, agrees.

The waitresses have always been friendly, but it's a bit of a craps shoot as to whether you'll get one who's attentive or not. You'll see them give a lot of attention to a table full of young guys, which shouldn't be too much of a surprise because I'm sure they're working on getting a better tip, but other patrons don't always get such attention. Our most recent waitress just didn't seem to have what it takes. She had no idea what beers were on tap, she handed us her "cheat sheet" with the beers on it. When my friend asked what type of Sam Adams they had, again she had no idea. It took her about 10 minutes to come back and tell him which one. Personally I feel it's a key part of a waitresses job to know the menu well. Asking about beers is a very common question, she should be more prepared. One of us ordered an UNsweetened ice tea and she brought back sweetened that also had a thick layer of tea grounds covering the bottom of the cup. When stirred, it looked like a dirty snow globe. We ordered an appetizer immediately, but we're pretty sure she forgot about it. We finally had to remind her that we had been waiting a long time for it.

We've always tolerated the non-attentive waitresses when we got one because the food made up for it. But I'm very disappointed in some of the menu changes. Smaller portions and not tasting as good will keep us from going as much. Hooters was always our first choice when we wanted to eat in Fairview, but next time we'll definitely be trying something different.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We got seated right away with no waiting but the chairs were not very comfortable. The staff was friendly but not exactly attentive. It took forever to get our food, but then our waitress was sitting down at the table next to us and chatting for at least 15 minutes. The food was pretty good but pricey for what we received. When it came time to pay the bill ... the waitress did not give me all of my change. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought was rude. Even if it was Hooter's. The service wasn't that great.