“Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The interior corridors were quite nice and brightly lit. The rooms were adequate but cannot say much more. The room here was spacious, but smaller then most Comfort Suites. The staff was nothing special, just going through the motions, nothing more. The breakfast made up for any minor shortfalls. The separate breakfast room and multiple flavors of waffles (blueberry or original), along with the hot items was absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Nice place to stay for $90. Breakfast was good and hotel was clean with the exception of spots on our carpet.
We enjoy the shopping and resturants close by.
We stay here when going to baseball games and ride the train into town.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The carpets were stained in the corridors and the rooms. Our initial room was not properly cleaned thre was hari and debris on th efloor aroudn the toilet and under the counter in the restroom and the carpet was stained. The second room we were provided the carpet was stained, the room smelled, there was an old worn toliet seat on the stool, the metal tabs around te interior of the sink and tub both displayed a build up of grime and again debris on the floors of the restroom. Due to pressing circumstances, we were forced to take the thrid room and stay at this location...I went to car and retireved cleaning supplies (lysol and pine sol) and blankets and pillow I travel with...I cleaned the restroom removed the blanket and pillows from the bed sprayed it with lysol and slept for the night....

While cleaning the restroom I removed soap and dirt residue from the shower walls and the floors...I will never stay at anoter comfort inn or suites again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmariek
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Our family typically stays at hotel chains similar to Comfort Suites. This hotel was not as good as others where we have stayed.

Pros:
- good location
- friendly, helpful front-desk staff
- breakfast was fine

Areas for improvement:
- the housekeeping staff was very rude to me when I had to approach them about a problem with our room.
- had to ask for bath towels b/c housekeeping didn't leave any in our room
- there weren't always enough towels in the pool area
- wi-fi was spotty
- a noisy family reunion group kept us awake one of our 3 nights there
- our room wasn't exactly dirty but didn't feel really clean either

In the future, we'll stick with other chains where we've had outstanding experiences.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank adw531
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My husband & I stayed here with our two young children for one night in late June. We were supposed to stay for an additional night, but the condition of the room led us to cancel a night. We have stayed at this property at least one weekend annually since it opened 5 yrs ago. Sadly, it appears that what was once a clean, well kept hotel, has been severely neglected. The furniture in our room was broken, chipped, or scratched. The love seat had stains & even the walls were dirty (toothpaste, hair, food). I think the blame lies with the GM, property owner, housekeeping manager, & housekeeping. The front desk manager was professional, apologetic, & is the only positive interaction we had at the hotel. Unfortunately, until I know the rooms have been renovated & housekeeping has improved, we will be staying elsewhere on future trips in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank happy_family2001
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites in Fairview Heights. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. We are a little over six years old and our staff strives to kee the hotel clean and update. I do believe I was the one that talked to on the day you checked out and I am sorry that you had to check out due to the conditions of the room. I will definately be passing your comments to our General Manager and housekeeping staff so that he is aware of your disappointment in our service and hotel. I believe I also gave you my business card so that you may contact me directly for future needs and reservations. I personally hope to see you and your family again! I promise you that we will be even better! Thank you!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were in town for a youth sports tournament. The hotel was very clean but did show some wear. Two prominent tiles in our bathroom were cracked and our carpet had an 18 inch stain on it near the foot of the bed. Other families from out team also commented that the carpet in their rooms could stand to be replaced. The lobby, however, appeared to have been recently updated and was very nice.
It was very easy to get in and out of St. Louis from the hotel on the weekend. It was also close to many places to eat and shop.
They did have one washer and dryer which was handy for washing uniforms between games.
Breakfast was good with many hot and cold selections. Our biggest disappointment with the hotel was that they would not allow our team have a post-game pizza get-together using their breakfast room. We even offered to pay for use of the room. Two seperate employees were asked and both times the answer was "absolutely not." We were really shocked because when we have stayed at Country Inns and Holiday Inn Express in North Dakota and Minnesota we have always been able to use their eating areas during the off hours. We had eight families staying at the hotel. Just seemed like they could have been more accomodating when several patrons were involved.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! As our hotel ages there are some wears and tears that we quickly try to fix to make our guests stay more enjoyable. We are working promptly on cleaning all the carpets in each of our suites and repairing the furniture to ensure safety and cleanliness. As for our breakfast room our new hotel policy states that we are no longer allowed to let anyone use the facility during off hours. Unfortunatley, we have had groups and guests use it in the past and left the room in unruly conditions. I do apologize that we were unable to accomodate you in that certain situation. I thank you once again and we hope to see your team here once again as we love having you as our guests.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was awaken to a random man in my room at 2:30 am. Comfort Suites can't tell me how he got into my room and has said since I didn't use my deadbolt, then it's my fault. They could not comp my room, but was offered a free night's stay at the same location, which I turned down. I will never stay there again. I'm just lucky the man was a drunk young man looking for his bed to sleep, rather than a rapist or a murderer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Erica C
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am appalled to learn that the security of our hotel made you feel uncomfortable during your visit! I do want to let you know that we take all of our guests' security and safety seriously at our hotel! My General Manager and myself are currently investigating this situation so that it may never happen again. As for compensation I apologize we did not accomodate you with that. I do hope you reconsider the free night oppurtunity so that we may prove to you that you are completely safe here at the Comfort Suites! Your 100% satisfaction is our priority. Once again I sincerely apologize and hope to see you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#3 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview...
#8 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!