“Nice first time”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's hard to do a review when you don't really have a choice in a place because of work but had to give a little praise to this Comfort Suite. Great reception and front desk and wonderful staff. Jessica was a breath of fresh air compared to most people who work the front desk. Friendly, informative, and just extremely pleasant. You're not staying trump plaza folks, but a descent pool and work out facility which is a nice option for boring evenings. Great location if you are heading to St. Louis and close to restaurants and a mall. Excellent choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was very dark, even with all the lights on in the room. The bed was comfortable, tv channels were plentiful, and the free wifi was consistent and fast. The hotel was pretty quiet. I didn't hear much if any noise from people in the hall or next door. The elevator is extremely slow. Parking was a bit of a challenge returning late one evening. I think I got the last parking spot - there were several vehicles that were towing trailers that did take up several extra spots.

Breakfast was tasty enough for me, but I'm not a picky eater. Options changed daily. One thing I did notice was that biscuits were cold and not in a warmer. They did have a microwave if wanting to heat one up.

The bathroom was ok. I was surprised to have a small round toilet, rather than the larger oval bowls that most hotels I have stayed in have. The towel rack is in the shower. Towels didn't get too wet, but I consciously tried to avoid them getting wet. The shower rod must be too heavy or installed incorrectly as screws were loose and it was sagging down. I'm just over 6 feet tall and my entire head was over the sagging bar. When mentioning this at checkout, they said they knew exactly what I was saying as soon as I said shower curtain rod. so it must be a frequent problem in lots of rooms. The light fixture in the bathroom was full of bugs and the vent was covered in dust.

I did have troubles with my a/c one night. I mentioned to the front desk at checkout and was met with they have trouble keeping up with the heat. However, it was the coolest and least humid night that gave my a/c trouble. I think some of it had to do with the filter being caked full of dirt/dust.

This hotel has a weird safe fee for a dollar and change. I've never seen a safe fee broken out on a folio like this property has. It was removed when questioned.

I did see several people with pets. I didn't ask anyone, but it doesn't seem like they have pet specific rooms and that a pet may wind up in any room in the hotel. I overheard one guest checking with 2 dogs if they'd rather have the 2nd or 3rd floor. Those with pet allergies may just want to be careful with staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on July 14th passing through towards Tennessee. We stayed here on points but would have willingly paid for the room. The front desk clerk was professional and friendly. The room itself was very large and clean. The hotel itself is set off the main drag a bit making it quiet yet right in the heart of all the good restaurants. Would and will stay again!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Good quality hotel. Ample pool area. Loved the larger room options to accommodate our whole family while setting aside space for wife and I.

The location is great! Lots of restaurants, theaters, night spots, and shopping mall all on your doorstep to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel, because I believe everyone deserves a second chance. I won't stay again though. I can't understand why this hotel has such good reviews because on both visits I found it to be quite dirty. The rugs were stained with what looks like it could have been blood. There were hairs in the shower and the corners in the bathroom were dirty. I didn't dare go on the murky pool. I will be looking for a different hotel on my frequent trips to the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on June 24 and it was just horrible. The front desk area was nice and the front desk clerk was nice but the hallway to rooms were moldy musty and gross the room was same way, breakfast buffet was just ok! Not worth the money to stay there. Hampton Inn across road is just $4 more and much nicer.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a great retreat and location to launch from for visiting the area. We stayed here on two recent visits including 8 continuous nights and rested very well. The location is within walking distance of several name-brand restaurants which provides good options. There is also a movie theatre a short walk or drive away. This hotel is set back and does not have major highway frontage while remaining close to major highway accesses. We are impressed with the staff and pleasing decor, and the rooms are roomy. The price is very reasonable and the nice atmosphere is priceless. We are recommending this hotel to friends and family and do not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the back (north side) of the hotel as it faced a pleasant green space that incl...