“Exceeded my expectations, Don't pass the Fairfield Inn up!!!!”

Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Granite City, IL
“Exceeded my expectations, Don't pass the Fairfield Inn up!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on Dec. 14 & 15 due to a problem with my home ( I live just 20 minutes away) The staff went beyond what any hotel/motel I have ever experienced. The rooms were clean and updated and I am a very picky traveler. Moy that is in charge of the morning breakfast insures that everyone has what they need. Maria in housekeeping was always helping me, if it would be with ice buckets or the elevator. This team works in such harmony together, they truly make you feel very welcome and like family. Danielle at the front desk was a ray of sunshine and always smiling and helpful, Rachel the day supervisor helped me beyond what I could ever write here. There are alot of rooms within 4 exits off of Hwy 64 though I would not hesitate in staying at the Fairfield Inn. Also, comfy beds and very quiet which was an extra nice perk. Wi-Fi worked PERFECT!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor on the opposite end that is closer to the highway which may have lended to it...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Chester, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties, and Fairfield is near the bottom of the chain, but generally very reliable. This location was no exception. It was clean and easy to get to off the highway. Lots of places nearby for lunch/dinner and not too far from Scott AFB. The only criticism I have is that there is no exercise room. You can use the facility at the Hampton Inn across the parking lot, but that's a pain. They have a small pool, and it is clean.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Pluses: Easy trip into St. Louis. Near shopping, restaurants, second-run movie theater. Room was in good condition, very clean. Towels and wash cloths were nice quality. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was adequate. Nice pillows and bedding.
Pool looked nice, bit didn't use it.

Minuses: Thin walls. Highway noise. I was so tired that these didn't matter too much.

• Stayed October 2012
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Very friendly people at desk but we were extremely disappointed that spa tub is gone. It was still pictured with pool on web site. We visit relatives in the area and had made a point of visiting and talking to hotel staff last summer. We saw a spa tub and expected it to still be there this summer, especially since it was still pictured on the website. I was checked in already when found it was removed. We were able to use the spa tub at the hotel next door. This worked in hot summer weather but would not in cool weather or rain. Also, found our room was never cleaned when we returned at end of day. Two cleaning carts had still been in hallway when we left. Desk staff was apologetic & very friendly but just be aware that things have changed at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Poplar Bluff MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were directed to this Inn after ours in St. Charles, MO was all filled and there were not many rooms in St. Louis left with all the events going on. Located at Exit 12 off Hwy 64 about 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis. Arrived about midnight and the night manager was at the door just like he was waiting for us!. There was lemonaid made and he had a bag of treats we could take to our room. Nice touch. Room was clean & spacious. The morning breakfast looked adequate but we opted to try a local eatery. Actually this is a nice area with a variety of stores, restaurants, and hotels right at this exit. The area felt very safe and not congested. We spent the morning driving up thru Collinsville, Edwardsville to Alton, IL. We've always concentrated on the northwest suburbs of St. Louis for antiquing etc. Now we have a whole new area to explore.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie E
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Check in was very quick and friendly. They even handed me a bottle of water and a goodie bag for being a Platinum Marriott Rewards member! The staff was absolutely the highlight of this four night stay. Without fail, everyone was friendly and extraordinarily helpful. The property itself is certainly up to Marriott standard, although it is one of the more dated Fairfield locations. Rooms are of good size and the pool is fantastic. Once (or if) this property is remodeled to the current Fairfield Inn style, this place will be top notch. An excellent choice if you happen to be in the eastern part of Metro St. Louis.

Room Tip: No fitness center on sight, but the Hampton Inn across the parking lot will allow you to use their f...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JT J
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member, and my wife and I travel a lot. We have stayed at every version Marriott has to offer from the Rennaisance down to Fairfield Inns. This was by far the best of the TownePlace Suites. The check in process was quick and smooth. I was offered a water which was typical, but in this case it was 500 ml bottle - not the little stubby they often give out, PLUS a bag of chips in a bag that had a nicely worded Thank You For Staying letter in a bag. The room was clean. When I went out for dinner there was a plate full of cookies and a bowl of crackers. And when I came back almost two hours later the plate was still full of cookies and bowl full of crackers. Past experience is that supplies usually dwindle rapidly after the first hour. Friendly staff greeted me and asked if there was anything they could do to make my stay better. One of my better Marriott experiences.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank David L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#3 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, O'Fallon

Been to Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!