“Great Location!”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Ottawa, Illinois
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The hotel was pretty good. The room was clean. Small TV though. It had a pool. Decent breakfast (cereal, yogurt, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, pastries, bagels........The area also had lots of shopping and restaurant choices. The hotel is right off of I-64 about 12 miles to downtown St. Louis.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Shawnee, KS
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The room was excellent, very clean, looked like it had been updated within last few years. Breakfast was excellent, mostly continental but also with waffles and pre-made omelettes and breakfast sandwiches. My only complaint is that with the proximity to the highway, the windows should be ones that provide much more sound-proofing. the windows were single pane and did little to block the highway noise. We both were concerned, but did get to sleep with little problem anyways. If noise is a concern, there is a comfort inn near this hotel that has rooms that face away from the highway. Not sure how nice it is, but it would be quieter.

Room Tip: Get a room as FAR from the highway as you can!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This place is close to restaurants (walking distance to several chain restaurants), shopping, and short drive to St Louis. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, breakfast is OK but more geared towards children (cereal, oatmeal & waffles) but still nice to have.
Only knock on this hotel is it is very close to the highway so you will hear traffic noise, not extremely load but you will know it is there.
I would stay here again when I travel to the this area again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I'm staying here now and my experience has been pretty good so far. The room is fine and the bed is comfortable but I did find hair stuck to the wall in the shower from the previous people.
Staff is friendly, although I'm disappointed to read in other reviews they were alerted to discounts at local restaurants because nobody mentioned these to us and we've already eaten at a few.
After checking it, we realized we had been overcharged about $45 for our stay. They explained this was basically an account hold that would be returned 3-5 business days after checkout. Nobody ever mentioned this fee and I'm not sure why this is ok.
The window only has a sheer white curtain over it and the thick green curtains turned out to be decorative only and can't be closed, so when it's dark, lights shine in the room from neighboring signs and I've gotten to listen to the highway all night with no noise blocking.
The dresser only has two drawers in a room with two queen sized beds and the closet is small...definitely wouldn't recommend for long term stay.
Cookies in the evening and breakfast in the morning is nice and the indoor pool looks ok, just a little small.

• Stayed March 2013
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel worked fine for one person traveling. I stayed here multiple times. However, on my last trip I took my spouse along - at that point I realized the room was designed with only one person in mind. The restroom is not big enough for two full sized people to move about - there is only one sink, etc.. Also, the closet is limited to hanging up about a dozen items - plenty for me, however not enough for two of us.
The rooms were clean and the staff was very nice.
I paid $109/night - considering it is a nearly rural setting, that seemed a bit steep. Maybe I've been spoiled by Courtyards where I pay less and get a full, hot breakfast while in a city environment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2013

If you don't mind being a fair distance east of St. Louis, this is a great hotel. Lots of eateries close by, and comfortable rooms (as we have come to expect from Marriotts). Close to the interstate, but quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Central Illinois
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have stayed at many Marriott's, but this was my first Fairfield Inn. I booked it through Priceline, and for a 2.5 star hotel, I'd have to give it high praise.
Upon entering I was warmly greeted. At check in they explained the hotels features, including the expanded continental breakfast, WI-fi, and discounts at the adjacent eateries (many within walking distance, like Joe's Crab Shack, Agostino's, Bob Evans, and Red Lobster). They also gave me a goody bag, which included water and trail-mix.
The room wasn't large, but not too small either. The furnishings were sparse, but it did have a Panasonic Flat-screen, and a coffee maker. The bedding was not as visually pleasing as a Marriott, or Hilton, or Doubletree, but it was okay, and I must say, I slept great. No doors slamming throughout the night).
Later while passing through the lobby they had fresh made cookies and lemonade, and again, they went out of their way to make you feel welcome.
The expanded breakfast was not much more than a typical continental breakfast, but they did have sausage biscuits, waffles, fresh fruit and a good selection.
The location was easy to find, and close to the mall.
When I got home I received a "thank-you" email....I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#3 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis

Been to Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!