“Great hotel in perfect location.”

Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
mississippi
“Great hotel in perfect location.”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed at Homewood for our nephew's wedding weekend. Our room was a suite w/ a separate bedroom. The decor is pleasant. King sized bed was incredibly comfortable with a soft duvet and lots of nice pillows. Loved having the mini-kitchen in the room. Breakfast was very good w/ lots of choices and friendly staff. We were in a room near the elevator and did not have any noise problems. There was a large group of screaming young girls in the hotel for a birthday slumber party. We only heard them when we walked by the indoor pool. Again - no noise problems. The room was clean, comfortable, and well cared for. The rate was reasonable. The hotel is in an area w/ lots of stores and restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Only one word to describe this hotel - AWESOME! We made reservations at another local hotel because we didn't realize that this hotel (which we've stayed at before) was just as close to the golf course our son was playing on. We literally walked in the day of arrival, made a reservation, went up to the room, and canceled our reservation at the other hotel. Beautiful place, awesome staff, and very spacious rooms, great value, good breakfast, too! You won't be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank carabn1
USA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stay at this hotel often because I have a work project that frequently brings me to Decatur, IL. For your money, this is the best value in the region. Some of the other nearby hotels may have more attractive room rates, but they definitely don't provide breakfast, dinner & weeknight happy hours for hotel guests. Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed when the HW is full & I have to stay at the Hampton across the mall parking lot (I'm Hilton-loyal due to work travel locations). The staff is wonderful - couldn't ask for a better "travel family". Plus the hotel is conveniently located next door to several miles of running trails, the gym has great equipment (& is usually empty) and the pool/hot tub are always clean. Each of the rooms also come equipped with kitchenettes (stovetop, microwave & a fridge) and DVD players which is a nice touch. Not to mention that they have an outdoor patio with a mini basketball court, fire pit & gas grills. My job brings me to some off-the-beaten-path locations & this is hands-down the nicest hotel I get to stay in when I travel for work. A+

Room Tip: I like to stay on the 1st floor near the gym but those rooms can occasionally be loud if there's...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had stayed at the Homewood Suites in Forsythe about 3 years ago and found it to be a great stay. I was pleased that it has remained a great hotel. Like all Homewood Suites, it offers an evening meal during the week and a hot breakfast every morning as part of the room package. We booked a one room suite and received one on the first floor. We went out to dinner, because we arrived too late for the evening meal. When we returned we found that the room above us apparently had small children that were racing around the room, from the living space, into the bedroom and bathroom, through the kitchen and into the living room. Normally this dies down by bedtime and is only a minor issue. However, we were trying to get to sleep early, because the next day we were leaving early to get home in front of a massive snow storm. I can’t believe how helpful the front desk was in getting us into another room. I don’t remember the name of the person at the desk, but she was one of the most compassionate and helpful people I have met during a hotel stay. Both rooms that we saw were spotless and all the amenities worked – TVs, microwave, fridge, stove. The price was a bargain for the quality of this hotel. We’ll be back next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
albany, il
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We are currently staying at the Homewood Suites while our two toddler children while my husband is in town for business. Amazing staff. Great food. Love the rooms. Nothing at all to complain about!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was here for two days as a chaperone with a show choir group. From the AMAZING check-in experience (never had a hotel so organized and prepared for our group) to the painless check-out, there simply wasn't one thing I would change. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome (with my apologies for getting back at 1 in the morning after the competition... It's tough to keep 40 high school kids quiet!). Great breakfast (Kept well stocked), and very useful conference room... I could go on forever. My special thanks to the check-in person, the manager, and the maids. Everyone made us feel at home.

The hotel is also in a great location - Right next to a mall and many dining options.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NelPit
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Great Suite Hotel. Great breakfast and great staff. This is the best place to stay in the Decatur area

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Decatur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Decatur Conference Center and Hotel
Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion

Been to Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth? Share your experiences!