“Very nice”

Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here and was very pleased. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast had a wide variety of things to choose from in the area of carbs, but not many options for protein. This was overall the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Decatur-Forsyth. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our wonderful amenities. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just off the interstate, next to a shopping mall, and within walking (or short driving distance) of plenty of dining options. What more could you ask for?

Well, this is a well maintained property with comfortable rooms and a good continental breakfast. Our only problem was that one of the room keys didn't work and had to be reprogrammed. I noticed this issue mentioned in at least one other review. Not a deal breaker for us and we had no other problems.

Got the hotel on Hotwire's opaque service and it was a good "win" for us. We've always had good luck with Hampton Inns and this one was no exception. We stayed only one night on our trip West to relocate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your vist at our property. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Decatur area.
Chicago, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a clean well run place, maybe it changed owners recently not sure but it's gone straight down hill so quickly. I stay often due to my business not any more. 3 times to get a room key not only me some other couple as well. No idea of what Hilton Honors was. Honestly very vey surprised I wish them well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Joseph R
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Metamora, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I enjoyed staying here . The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The room was nice, internet fast enough for uploading large files, and the bed was comfortable. The only downside is that the fitness center is not in the hotel. You have to get the pass and go across the street and then bring the pass back. Breakfast was a nice surprise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience. I apologize that the on-site fitness center was closed for upgrading during your stay. The newly upgraded on-site fitness facility will be open the first week of April.
San Jose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very clean, quiet and well maintained hotel. It was a pleasure to stay here. Good breakfast and internet service. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. A great value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and our great breakfast. We have new exciting breakfast items coming this week as well! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My past experiences with Hampton Inns have been mostly "average" so I was not expecting much as I took advantage of some Hilton Honors points to book a one night stay at this property. The stay started out impressively as the check-in person was very friendly and welcoming. The room was a decent sized room, complete with iron/board, in-room single-serve coffee maker, and a refrigerator. The bathroom was a good size with the only negative I could see with the room being the vanity was a bit small for two people. The bath products were Neutrogena. The bath towels were in good shape. The bed and sheets/pillow was very comfortable and provided excellent sleep. There was clearly thought given by management in terms of the need for outlets for various gadgets as there were plenty of outlets available throughout the room. There was a good mix of TV channels for all members of the family. There were plenty of different restaurants nearby. The only thing I cannot mention is the complimentary internet as I did not use it. I highly recommend this hotel and it is on my "list" for future stays in the Decatur area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel.

We will be completing a lobby renovation and fitness center upgrade this week and we look forward to our guests enjoying these wonderful new areas!
Plainfield, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

First off I shall clarify my poor rating. This in in reaction to it being a Hilton brand had it been a a lower brand of expectation I would have deemed it average.
This location is a bit tricky and you better be aware of your surroundings. It is in the mall outer loop. If you miss the mall entrance you have to drive 2-3 miles before you can turn around. Yes I did it it, and had forgotten something back in the room and had to do it again. One way in one way out.Annoying and a waste of time and gas.
The staff was very friendly although not very helpful to out of towners. Upon arrival we asked for a restaurant suggestion and the reply was look around,they're all open. I asked what time the pool and hot tub closes she replied if your in there we'll let you stay.
Our room was on the 3rd floor over looking the awning. There wasn't a view any way. The room was immaculate! Bedding was more than enough plus extra pillows and blankets. Soft warm comfortable. The bath was updated,bright, had everything you needed and more. Large tv with extra ports as well as the ports on the desk. I was very pleased.
Upon returning from dinner I decided to go for a swim. The pool hours said 12am it was posted to please keep the door closed the pool is heated. Figured maybe they had an issue with people propping the door open. Ok. The first thing I notice is the hot tub cover. Not only is it closed,there's no water in it. Something I specifically asked about when I made my reservation. I was going to swim any way so the pool it is. As I walked to the ede and looked dow I noticed the discolored tiles,hmmmm. It looks clean so I step in. The water is just above freezing. I came this far I went for it. About in the middle of the pool I put my feet down and it felt slimy, then I noticed a grease like film on the water. gross. I went straight to the desk about it. Stood there for 15-20 nins even called out. Nothing.
At morning breakfast I spoke to the front desk which they said I needed to speak with the manager and maintenance. No apologies, nothing. Her it is, March, this was October. Still getting the runaround. If the issues of the pool and customer service were fixed I would stay again if in the area visiting Milikin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kimmie375
angie s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Decatur
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Decatur
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur
Welcome Hotel and Suites
Welcome Hotel and Suites
#6 of 12 in Decatur

Been to Hampton Inn Decatur / Forsyth? Share your experiences!