“Save your money.....Stay away.......Scammers !!!!!!”
Review of Jet Funn

Jet Funn
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Fox Lake
Cary, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Save your money.....Stay away.......Scammers !!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Please stay away from this shady business......

Kevin is a scammer !!!!

Took our wave runner to be fixed....was suppose to take 2 weeks and cost $2000 - $2200 .......took almost 4 weeks and cost $3000. First, I paid for a 2 year warranty and he only purchased a 1 year warranty......also charged me for gaskets and oil that were included in engine purchase from SBT...then they damaged side of machine and never said a word, after bringing it to their attention put a grey patch on a red ski, that's it........First time taking ski out it broke !!!! .....charged me more money.......then it breaks Again ....... now it is missing huge bolts and the oil injection lines were not installed properly .......Motor needs to be replaced .......now I have to find another mechanic.....would never trust Kevin to touch my machine again. This cost me another $500

Please stay away from Jet Funn......unless you have lots of time and money to waste !!!!!

This is an Awful business.....do not want anyone to go through what we did.......Stay Away !!

11 Thank Kelly G

Chicago, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Way overpriced.”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

wanted to rent a pontoon boat for the day. the location is great buy the prices were sky high. shop around. you can do better.

8 Thank beth828
Johnsburg, Illinois
“Best funn ever”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Staff was very nice. They explain everything was very detailed. People should know that if you break it you buy it every business I have gone has done this and every person who does not think you have to pay for gas well, you do and it is only like $3. I strongly advise you come here for your first boat rental!!!!!! See you very soon Jet Funn!!!!!!!,

Crystal Lake, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“They try to scam you when you return ...”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We had a great time on the Chain of Lakes all day and then returned to find that they tried to scam us for a damaged prop. We fought that and said that we were there when their employee inspected the prop and that he said it was in great condition. They then recanted their claim and said that the damaged prop was on the "other" boat. We were then told that we used 16 gallons of a 51 gallon tank but had no way to prove it. They use gas cans to fil the tanks and not a gas pump. My friend, who has owned a boat in the past, said that deck boats do not hold 51 gallons of fuel. I recommend, that if you try to use these people, get the gas filled up before you return the boat. The other thing that was disturbing was that they had advertised their boat to fit 10-12 people and when we got there, it could only fit about 9 adults. Total misrepresentation. I recommend that you do not use these people ... ever.

8 Thank keithrodgers1972
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Returning customer”
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Now that school is out, my family and I have been out to Jet Funn twice this summer. We rented a pontoon on a Saturday and a deck boat on a Tuesday. We wanted to take the kids tubing when it wasn't so busy, hence why we rented the deck boat on a weekday. As I said before, we have had nothing but good experiences with jet Funn and have been referring them to anyone who wants to rent a boat! Their staff is very nice and helpful, and they always make sure we are taken care of. I look forward to renting more this summer. We've learned that renting is way cheaper than buying a boat!

1 Thank Snooks777