“Great find near O'Hare”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Carbondale, Illinois
“Great find near O'Hare”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My wife and I were staying at the nearby Hampton Inn before our flight out the next day. Looking for somewhere to have dinner, this place seemed to get the best reviews of anywhere within walking distance, so we decided to give it a try. It's kind of a funky little neighborhood deli with a restaurant on the side. Customers seemed to be a mix of local neighborhood folks with a group of Chicago cops on dinner break, but nobody gave us a second glance. It was pizza night and the price was right, so we ordered pizza. It was very good. Nice crust, good sauce made with fresh ingredients, and a generous helping of cheeses. The owners' own witbier was also advertised so we ordered a couple of those. I'm not usually a witbier fan, but this was really very good, just the perfect thing for a hot August evening. All in all, a very pleasant experience. If we're ever back in the area we'll definitely consider going there again.

• Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Had a great following, but now....”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This palce was well known for their subs but now they are priced way too high and have skimped on their meat and cheese and size of the sandwich. There are better places close by, chepaer with huge sandwiches.

Visited May 2012
San Marcos, Texas
“Best Deli!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The only good thing about serving reserve (airline attendant) is Al and Joe's is close by! I have never had a bad meal there and their daily specials are great! My all time favorite day is Wednesday, when it's Mile High Corned Beef sandwich day! On Saturday, I dined in and had their pasta dinner special, which was huge for the price! Today I had their steak sandwich and it was cooked to perfection!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank nancybaby
Arlington Heights
“a great neighbor hood deli”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have been coming to AL and Joes for 30+ years. Ever since I started dating my wife. Still has great food and great service. When I know I will be driving down manhein I always do my best to schedule it around mid day so aI can stop for lunch.

• Visited February 2012
Schiller Park, Illinois
“Always the BEST subs!”
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Nothing compares to Al & Joes, especially Ozzies. lol.
Al & Joes has always made the best Italian and American Subs, I've been eating there for about 15 years now and it is always great!
Small family type business, great food, everyone at my place of employment LOVE when I go there to get lunch!