“Great Staff and Stay”

Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Franklin Park
Reviewed 11 December 2013

They have done some amazing work to the property since I have been there before. Rooms are clean and fresh, Check in as always fast and efficient. I was surprised the front desk remembered me and thanked me for returning. Always a smiling face. A+ to the housekeeping staff on the clean rooms. Went to Victoria;s Restaurant which is about 1 mile down the street and also recieved 10% off for being a guest. Great food and service. You cant go wrong with the hotel or restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vicbur509

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had an 8 hour layover starting at midnight in O'hare so I booked this hotel last minute for a very low price and it did not disappoint. I got picked up by a shuttle at the airport in a timely manner (even though weather was terrible). I booked a single room with king bed and it was very clean and well-kept. Even though I didn't ask for a wake-up call they called to make sure I was up for my flight. They even went out of their way to provide breakfast early for me since I was leaving earlier than they normally start breakfast. Very friendly staff and clean rooms for a very low cost. Couldn't ask for much more.

Room Tip: Bottom floor was probably louder than the other floors due to the pool and jacuzzi being down there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank G L
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we stay here when flying otu of ohare. Nice breakfast . Rooms are ok. Yes the neighborhood is very blue color but is fine for 1-2 nights when travelling .

Free parking , internet and breakfast . shuttle to airport and back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hrw1953
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I booked one night at this place because my flight was delayed. First, it took more than 30 min for the shuttle to arrive at the airport. The shuttle is this old small van that smells without air conditioning. Then when I arrived at the hotel and informed them that my flight is at 6:50am so will need to be at the airport by 5:50 am. They told me their shuttle only runs on the hour and the 5 am shuttle is booked so I have to either take the 4 am flight or pay for my own cab. It was already 1 am by that point. I made them refund my room and went back to the airport instead. But the hotel looked old and dirty based on the lobby. I am glad I did not pay the $125 to stay for the few hours. Yuks. I can't even imagine what the room looks like.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eveyli
Reviewed 28 March 2013

When we arrived at airport on return trip they did not answer phone for shuttle. Took taxi and the whole place was dark. So we took our car and went home. ???????????? Have had good experiences in the past but something must have happened.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Alwasy stay here when we fly out of O'Hare. Good Shuttle service that runs 24X7 . Indoor heated pool . Breakfast has aleays been hot Breakfast when we have stayed .
Not a real large place and some are turned off that it is south on Higgens away from the main hotels. But the place is well run and we have not had any problems staying here.

we will be back

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hrw1953
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while moving from Arkansas to Michigan. Got a great rate, so it made it a good choice. By my estimation the property was recently renovated so as far as Comfort Inn properties go this one is pretty good.

The bed was really comfy and the TV was large and an HD set. The bathroom was spacious although I think I might have been in a Handicapped accessible room so I'm not sure what the bathrooms looked like in other rooms. I know the hotel had an airport shuttle to ORD but obviously just passing through I didn't need that. Breakfast was basic continental offerings and the room is tiny which didn't seem to make too much of a difference as the hotel wasn't that full the night I stayed.

Solid choice for an airport hotel near O'Hare and if I was ever in the area wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel? Share your experiences!