“I highly recommend this hotel.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Freeport
Dallas, Texas
“I highly recommend this hotel.”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were here for our sons wedding and found the accommodations to be great!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 07LizzyB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
DeWitt, Michigan
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I don't want to go on and on, but suffice it to say that I stay at Country Inn and Suites *at least* every six weeks or so. Frankly, I've stayed there since they opened. I've also stayed at the other hotels all over town - except the Baymont, which is too far out of the way for all the back and forth I need to do. Truthfully, though, I'd never see the need to stay anywhere else.

Michelle and Kay, the managers there, and all the rest of the staff are soooo accommodating that it is like a second home at this point. If there's an issue (which there seldom is) they are right on it.

They have - yet again - remodeled the entire hotel and they did a fabulous job. Towels are now nice and cushy, beds are comfy, rooms are spacious, and they have gotten environmentally friendly in their breakfast room so there is no eating off of paper, plastic, or Styrofoam plates - and I get to drink my coffee out of a real mug! And the breakfast staff is so friendly they practically wait on your tables.

I just can't say enough about my stay there. Kudos to Country Inn and Suites in Freeport for being on my "fave" list of places to stay!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lokeytraveler
Houston TX, Elkhart Lake WI
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed one night for a friends wedding. I had dependable Country Inns & Suites performance. Clean room, friendly staff. Good neighborhood. Very quiet. I requested a 2nd floor room, which was easily accomodated. The AC worked very well and I had good temperature control even though it was 93F outside.

My only negative was that both queen beds show "body indentations" when made up. I know this is to be expected as matresses age a bit, but it's a pet peave of mine. The bed was comfortable and sleep quality was fine.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Nice location and incredibly clean! Parking lots aren't connected but easy to find off highway. Beautiful lobby too.

• Stayed March 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I chose the Country Inn & Suites first due to convenient location (easy access from BUS-20 heading east into Freeport), and second based on the previous TripAdvisor ratings I found. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel and value.

I booked online and had a 2-double bed room reserved. Upon arriving I asked if we could get a room with 1 king bed instead, and we were obliged with a nice-sized room with a king bed. The room smelled a little smoky upon entering (even though the hotel is fully non-smoking) but after airing it out a little it was fine (and I am pretty sensitive to smoke).

The bed was comfortable, and no noise from other rooms/guests although we didn't stay in the room long aside from sleeping. The room was very clean. Water pressure for shower was good. Mini-fridge was available in-room. Free internet speed was average.

I didn't have the breakfast but it looked good, and the food was in one area while you could sit in a separate, spacious room. The lobby was tastefully decorated, with a fireplace going. The indoor pool and hot tub looked inviting.

The parking lot was full when we arrived late at night and had to "make" a parking space. Not sure where else we could have parked. However the manager had said they were very busy due to it being a holiday weekend so my guess is that it's not usually that full.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Stayed two nights on business travel and paid $67/night. This hotel gets five stars all the way as it's clean, comfortable, the staff is friendly, and the breakfast is tasty (love those make your own waffles!). You can't beat the place for the price, too bad it's in Freeport as that town offers a whole lot of nothing. The only negative I can think of is that the fitness center stinks, so you won't able to workout to any great degree here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Friendly, courteous staff. Inviting atmosphere. Clean & comfortable accommodations. Perfect location to local fair. Continental breakfast was a great surprise. After being affected by flood our family sought refuge at Country Inn and Suites and couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Baymont Inn & Suites Freeport
Country Inn & Suites Stockton
Super 8 Monroe WI
Super 8 Monroe WI
#1 of 3 in Monroe

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport? Share your experiences!