“Amazing and magical”
Plas Dinam
Dining hall seats up to 60 Sitting room, with lovely bay window with views down the valley
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dining hall seats up to 60
Sitting room, with lovely bay window with views down the valley
Drawing room, with grand piano
Billiard room
Kitchen, seating for 10, aga, 2 dishwashers, 2 fridges, coffee machine, great stereo
Drawing room
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 4
Bedroom 5
En suite bathroom
Bedroom 13
Top of the wooden stairs
Bedroom 2
Dining hall
Bedroom1
Library
Views of the hills from all rooms
View from the top of the hill
13 acres of gardens to explore include tennis court
Wedding reception at Plas Dinam
Plas Dinam Sitting room
View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

NicT
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing and magical”
Reviewed 5 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The owner promised that Plas Dinam would be a magical place for our wedding party, and they were absolutely right. We really did have the most perfect time and the memories of our wedding will last a lifetime - not just for us, but for our guests too who without exception enjoyed every aspect of the party and its incredible setting. We felt very privileged to be able to stay at Plas Dinam and to hold our party there. It was clear that a huge amount of work goes on behind the scenes to make the house ready, easy to use and beautifully presented. The owner's list of suppliers made the organising so much easier and everyone who we booked or used was brilliant and a great recommendation. We also appreciated the hard work involved in getting us set up for the ceremony and the room cleared for the band. The bedrooms were very comfortable, all with lovely views, the reception rooms are wonderful and the house has something for everyone.

Liked best: The views
Liked least: There was nothing to complain about!
dianerich...
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Everything We Could Have Wished For & So Much More - PERFECT”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Our stay at Plas Dinam was a year in the making, from the very first time I met Eldrydd (the owner) and saw the house I fell in love!

We booked Plas Dinam to celebrate my other halves 50th birthday with a group of close friends. We looked at many other houses but none matched up to this incredible house. Eldrydd and Tyson put up with my relentless emails, I do like to have a well organised plan! They were extremely helpful and accommodating and I really couldn't have organised everything without them.

From wanting to sneak a Motown tribute act in without any of our guests seeing them, to lighting the Pizza oven and showing us how to use it, sending me lists of local suppliers and services to setting up the fire pit - they helped with everything - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The house itself is unique. As grand as it is, you still feel relaxed and comfortable in your surroundings, if not a little lost at times (well in my case most the time).

From the large kitchen with massive proper and original pantry, which we spent quite a lot of our time in (with a double AGA, double catering oven and single oven, 2 dishwashers, 2 large fridges plus the drinks room fridge, Nespresso coffee machine, microwave, mega amounts of crockery and cutlery - I could go on but you get my drift), to the two large lounges (one doubled as our party room), a massive dining hall (which is stunning), a full size billiard/snooker table room (used a fair bit mainly by the men), a small and comfy TV room (great for the FA Cup Final), an abundance of beautiful bedrooms most with incredible views and great bathrooms/shower rooms - this house has everything and more!

The owners are on hand should you need them but not in anyway intrusive. When the band was setting up the power in the party room cut out, I made one call to Eldrydd and within minutes Tyson had come to the house and sorted it out - without me having to do anything else and the party went off without a hitch!

The outside space is spectacular! We were going to do the treasure hunt on the Saturday but the weather unfortunately put paid to that, but there are soooo many other things you can do indoors that it didn't impact on our fun! Sunday was beautiful weather and we spent all day outdoors on the lawn by the croquet pitch and then later we went up to the fire pit and watched the sun go down and YES we did sing Kum Ba Yah, only once! We also took a walk to Llandinam during the day and loved the secret path which led back up to the house, where a couple of us had a go on the swing on the way back!

The scenery was to die for, I wish we could have stayed longer to walk up one of the hills, as Eldrydd had told us the views from the top are even better than from the house, perhaps next time! Because believe me, there will be a next time, I miss the place like crazy, we made so many wonderful memories over our long weekend, I will never forget our weekend, which rated in the top 10 hours of one of our guests lives! Praise indeed and praise deserved.

Plas Dinam Country House is in my eyes PERFECT for large gatherings, whether that be with friends, family, a wedding or any other celebration. I'm 50 in 2 years and have decided to change my plans so I can hopefully include another visit to Plas Dinam in my celebrations!

I am so delighted we found and booked Plas Dinam - THANK YOU ELDRYDD AND TYSON FOR SHARING YOUR INCREDIBLE FAMILY HOME WITH US xx I could continue to gush but I think readers of my review will get the gist!

Diane & Andy and ALL our guests xx

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space inside and out
Travelling group: Friends
francesca...
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Plas Dinam is truly a Welsh Gem”
Reviewed 13 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Plas Dinam is special, very special. Until recently a so obviously much loved family home, this historic and splendid house offered all of us everything we could possibly need or want for a most memorable and enjoyable weekend celebrating my 70th birthday.

It is difficult to add to the list of superlatives mentioned in previous reviews; it is rare indeed to find a venue which can cater for and delight a large group of family and friends so successfully without exception. All 29 of us, from 5 years old to 70+ absolutely loved Plas Dinam.

The attributes and facilities of the house are well documented; we found that all matched or exceeded expectations. Comfortable and often luxurious bedrooms, bathrooms and reception rooms were basked in by us all, and the beautifully maintained grounds, with their magnificent backdrop of the foothills of Snowdonia, provided the perfect setting for enjoying archery in the spring sunshine. Many of us also rode out over the hills, whilst others went shooting and hill walking.

The friendly and professional service we received from every one was exemplary. Eldrydd was extremely helpful right from the planning stage through to the return of the deposit; and everyone whom Eldrydd recommended added to our enjoyment. Chef David from London was with us all weekend and was a huge asset - thank you for your memorable food. And the pampering we had from Beverley and Theresa was a real treat.

I and all my family and friends, who travelled from all over the country to be there, unhesitatingly recommend Plas Dinam for your weekend (or longer) of relaxation and/or celebration.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. Plas Dinam is 'the real thing' !
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Carla L
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing location for a wonderful birthday weekend”
Reviewed 18 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I chose Plan Dinam for my 50th birthday celebrations originally purely because of the beautiful setting and,the size and presence of the house (being big enough to sleep 30 people). When I actually saw the venue in person I could not have been more impressed - the grounds and location are magnificent and the house is stunning. All of the rooms are large and beautifully and tastefully decorated, there is more than enough space to accommodate everyone (both for sleeping and generally), and Eldydd, the manager and owner could not have been more helpful, both in booking the weekend and while we were there. Lovely touches like a welcome package of local produce, toiletries in all of the bathrooms and being on hand for any questions. We had an absolutely fabulous weekend including a scavenger hunt around the house and grounds and a large formal dinner catered by a local company, Fingers and Forks that again Eldrydd had recommended. I can't praise Plas Dinam highly enough and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a venue for a special celebration (or even just a nice stay in the Welsh countryside :-)).

Liked best: The house and grounds - stunning
Liked least: The location, it is in the middle of nowhere :-)
Your age range 50-64
h0rm0z
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A magical long weekend for a special event.”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I started planning for my partner's 50th surprise weekend way in advance after research to find an appropriately special venue. And my goodness did Plas Dinam deliver beyond expectations.
Manager Eldrydd's helpfulness made the whole booking and information finding experience a pleasure and eve got involved in the 'surprise'! The dining and drawing rooms have been beautifully renovated, spacious yet cosy.
The views from the rooms are brilliant and we went on a couple of highly satisfying walks nearby.
I would recommend Plas Dinam to anyone who wants a group to have a most peaceful and relaxing weekend away from it all.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved it all!
Liked least: Nothing!
Friends getaway Large groups
emma8502
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house & wedding venue”
Reviewed 29 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We held our wedding here in August. We definitely chose the right venue for us. From my initial enquiry Eldrydd was incredibly friendly and helpful. Eldrydd has very high standards and close attention to detail which is exactly what you want from someone helping you organise a wedding, however, she is completely approachable and relaxed at the same time.

The house itself is huge - I don't think I managed to see it all during the four days we were there! There were enough bedrooms to comfortably fit our immediate family and all the bridal party and not once did we feel on top of each other. Eldrydd & Tyson have done a stunning job with the restoration of the place. Everything felt luxurious without being pretentious or stuffy. The ground are beautiful and the views from every window are stunning. I didn't leave the grounds for four days and was really sad to say goodbye!

We were fortunate enough for the rain to hold off long enough to hold our ceremony outside (legally!) the front of the house. We had our reception in the old stables in the grounds - a really interesting space with beautiful old tiles, industrial beams and a concrete floor. Tyson was a tremendous help in the stables - he somehow managed to remain constantly present but never in the way while we were setting up. Nothing was too big an ask for him and the day after the wedding he got stuck right in with the cleaning up!

I can't thank Eldrydd & Tyson enough for all their help and for making sure we had the best wedding day possible. Looking forward to revisiting for an anniversary!

Pam M
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Family reunion par excellence”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This visit was two years in the planning and our final numbers were 24 adults ( 24 -68 yrs) and 12 children (from 15 weeks to 7 yrs 10 mths). Everyone was bowled over by the house and grounds. The children had a fantastic time playing indoors and out in the gardens. Cooking on the Aga was an experience! - we could not have served brunch (in three sittings) without it!
Our celebratory meal on Sunday evening was crowned by the "washing up fairy" who arrived at 9am on Monday to clear everything away.
We are so pleased to have had the opportunity to pretend that this lovely home was ours even if it was only for a long weekend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of space - with so many of us we were never on top of each other.
Liked least: main kitchen dishwasher didn't do a very good job of cleaning dishes
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing