2,255 results
All reviews the main lodge woodlands restaurant great golf bedroom villa golf courses are golf trip play golf get away general store beautiful scenery breakfast buffet walking trails beautiful area in great shape rolling hills from chicago hot tub
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We had a wonderful time at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa; we typically visit the week before Christmas; but my kids had holiday break this year so we went the week after New Year. The resort has lots of fun activities planned for adults and children. Typically there is snow for cross country skiing, sledding, ice skating, etc; but this year it was unseasonably warm. Most of their activities are included with your room rate so were were disappointed we weren't able to take advantage of the winter recreational ammenities; but we did travel to Chestnut Mt. for skiing and enjoyed downtown Galena.

Room tip: hotel rooms at the inn; but we have stayed previously in the condos and they are much more spacious and comfortable when traveling with children
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank patiflannery
Reviewed 24 December 2011

we went to ER for a short ski trip vaca. we rented some 3 br/ 3 bth condos. the area is fairly well lit at night and INCREDIBLY safe. this is located in the deep countryside. no wild partiers, no issues whatsoever- and we were out late most nights.
the condos are very well worth their price, although if you can find a package deal, definitely go with that- it's a far better price. the website looked approximately 25-50% less on the packages, and included some meals and frills too.
all was great; clean, comfortable, pullout beds in living spaces outside of the bedrooms, so in our 3 bedroom condo, I imagine that it could have accommodated nearly 10 people comfortably. All appliances were nice, newer, same for furniture. The wifi was a little flaky, off and on, low bandwidth- but it's also in the middle of nowhere, so.
parking, cleanliness, etc., was all fine, no complaints or issues.
The bar was very nice, we relaxed and stoked up their wood burning fireplace - the condo also had one with plenty of firewood- we didn't utilize it, however.
It's a little bit of a drive from the highway - don't turn off of 20 until you see the BIG ER sign, or you will be taking a loopy backwoods road. The main entrance road drives past the golf course fairways, etc.
Nice, quiet, large place, friendly staff. They left a large bag of fresh towels for day two. Very thoughtful and great customer service.

Room tip: it looked like most condos were in a quiet setting, I never heard a sound from the neighbors. it could be a very romantic getaway in the winter time. I plan on going back. great ski lodge- skiing nearby. all of the rooms seemed to have good access to the main lodge. I don't think you can go wrong.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This place is really beautiful, my sister had her wedding on the point patio and it was wonderful! However if you want an appointment at their spa and you are NOT staying as a guest on the property you have to wait until 4 days before you want to go and then pay an extra $20, which I think is ridiculous! I understand that they want to give priority to the their guests in the lodge, but charging you extra money because you aren't staying there is dumb. The people that use the spa usually make a day of it in Galena as well as eat at the restaurants, not only in the Eagle Ridge lodge but also in the town. I think this is just another way for an already expensive hotel to nickle and dime their customers. However the spa is well worth the money (just not the extra $20 fee) and the ladies that do the treatments are wonderful!

Date of stay: November 2011
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2011

When we booked Eagle Ridge, we thought we were staying in the hotel. We should have known better since the price was higher, but we were in a one bed villa. I was a little disapointed, but the unit did not disapoint. The unit smelled a little dingy at the beginning, but nothing an air freshner couldn't fix. We had a fire place with wood and a fire starter, very helpful!! Living room and bed room had flat screen t.v.'s, a plus!

For extra activities, we could have rented (for free) a bike to ride on the trails around the resort. The resort area itself is huge! Lots of hills and winding curves to get to the hotel itself. Eagle Ridge was about 10 minutes from downtown Galena. Fortunately, my gps directed us in a direction of a backround to Mount Hope Rd which got us to downtown Galena quick.

They have 4 golf courses. We golf the North course, which was in wonderful shape for late October! We rented golf clubs from them, these were not complimentary.

They had a good size swimming pool with a basketball net and basketball. They had a sauna and a steam room. I was suprised they did not have a hot tub, that would have been nice!

After golfing we were hungry, stopped at the bar/restaurant and I had a burger, amazing! My husband had a grilled chicken sandwich, also very good! The fries were delicious as well. Didn't have the pizza. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was over $20 a person so we passed.

They also have a spa, which we did not get to visit. :(

Overall, nice experience, would definitely go back to the hotel. I don't know if we would stay in the hotel, since we didn't stay there this time (maybe to save a little money next time!).

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KristinD447
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was my first stay in Eagle Ridge and it was awesome! There were four of us who stayed in a two bedroom/ two bath townhouse. The townhouse was perfect for us- We wished we stayed longer to be able to use the living space and kitchen.
We spent the first afternoon/evening in downtown galena, went to dinner, watched a live band and had martinis. The downtown is so cute and there are so many shops and restaurants to visit.
The next day we went horseback riding on the Shenandoah Riding Trails run through Eagle Ridge. The day was beautiful and the ride was good. It was an hour ride on a trail through the woods and fields with a group of about 12 horses- we enjoyed the ride! We then went to Galena Cellars and had an awesome afternoon. We had a wine tour set up in the afternoon but got there a little bit early so we grabbed a bottle of wine and cheese in the shop and sat outside and enjoyed! When it was time for our tour it ended up being just the four of us and another couple. The lady who ran the tour was great- very knowledgeable about wine and the winery itself.
All in all it was a great weekend at Eagle Ridge- I would definitely go back again!

Date of stay: October 2011