Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
US$83
US$80
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
US$99
US$94
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
2,127 results
All reviewsthe main lodgewoodlands restaurantgreat golfbedroom villagolf tripgolf courses areplay golfgeneral storeget awaybeautiful scenerybreakfast buffetbeautiful areain great shapewalking trailsfrom chicagorolling hillshot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

With a recently broken foot, we had to shelve our 20th anniversary trip to Paris for next April. As a consolation, we booked 2 nights at Eagle Ridge. Several years ago, we stayed a few evenings in an Eagle Ridge rental home, which was great. But this time, we requested a lodge king-size room with a fireplace. It was a beautiful corner room--much larger than we ever anticipated. Everything was very clean (with the exception of a couple of outdoor bugs that came with the firewood--but that's natural).

Specific kudos to our bartendar, Byron S., in the Woodlands Bar & Grill. He was friendly and funny and a great bartender/waiter. Our first night there, we had drinks and appetizers in his area; the second night, he made sure our anniversary dinner was perfect. And he took some great photos of us on our anniversary. Try the ribs--they fall off the bone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CSeagleridge, Director of Sales at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Good evening

Thank you for your great review of our resort and so sorry to hear about your broken foot! We do however feel honored that you chose our resort as the alternative to Paris…

Please come back and visit us again! We have so many new and exciting things happening at the resort including a renovation that will be completed this May. We also have added many new activities and Shenandoah Riding Center is open and better than ever.

Hope to see you soon!

Director of Sales and Marketing

PS I will let Byron know about your comments!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The wifi was terrible and "limited access" for the whole evening. Asked the front desk and they simply gave a local number LET YOU to call and repair, which is ridiculous already. And you know what? Even this call from the room phone is tolled by over $1 per minute, and not until I called them to dispute this charge they credited it back! I will say this is clearly not less than a deception, and would rather tell everyone not to stay with this poor resort - courtyard like a shack, noisy AC with broken panel, small full-size beds, and so on.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hao H

Good evening

At Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa we strive to exceed every guest’s expectations. Based on your review we missed on several accounts. While it’s too late to fix what you experienced, your review has allowed us to recognize that both customer service changes as well as physical changes needed to be addressed so that your experience is not repeated by future guests.

Since your review we have made several changes at the resort many which have been planned since our management company has taken over management of the resort. Renovations have begun back in February and are slated to be completed in mid-May.

While this does not fix the problems you incurred we would love for you to come back this spring or summer to truly experience the resort the way it should be experienced.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel before. However, this year I needed to cancel my reservation. I called 4 days in advance and was told that their policy was 7 days and a refund was out of the question. They were also extremely rude on the phone. I love Galena and The Territory, but after my experience here I will never go back to this hotel again. There are many other options in Galena.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 847victoria
CSeagleridge, Director of Sales at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Victoria

Our goal as the new management company for Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa is to provide the best possible service and unique experience we can for all of our guests from the time the reservation is made until the time our guests check out. It is obvious based on your comments we have failed with you!

While I cannot change the past we can certainly learn from your experience and would love for you to come back and let us show you the true Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa.

Thank you taking the time to write your review and please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss further.

Sincerely

Colin Sanderson: Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We checked on on Friday afternoon and stayed in a "Villa" a short drive from main buiding. Villa was accomodating. From front door there were stairs that went down to kitchen, bath and living room, and deck. The Bedroom was up stairs with a bath and a sitting area. It was fine for us, but an elderly person or handicapped would never have gotten past the front door. Grounds are beautifully maintained. Not a scrap of paper on the grounds anywhere, I took many walks with my small dog and we really enjoyed our adventures. We looked out onto the golf course - I think it was the 17th hole. Visited the Spa which is in the main building. Had an excellent facial and massage. Very good and talented therapists. Very nice and excellent desk workers. Check in with Ms. Panfil was excellent. She was very helpful and kind. We received a dog gift with a little stuffed eagle that my dog LOVES. I had forgotten to pack her a toy so this was a great treat! Very nice and accomodating front desk area. Did not eat on site - we ate in town and brought snacks and drinks with us for the villa. The only reason I did not give a 5 is that its clear the rentals are individually owned, which is fine, but I feel the cleaning could be better. For 300+ a night, I would expect it to be cleaner, less dusty on furniture, better linens. I dont know if that is a possibility or not - Im not sure how the rental concept works ..does the resort provide the linens or does the owner? Anyway - for 2 nights I can deal- but it was interesting. It seems that the bathrooms and kitchen area get good cleaning attention, but the living room furniture, dining table, and seating areas were dusty and needed attention. The maps and local informational literature that is given out at check in were very helpful and thorough. I brought my own coffee and filters but there was both in the kitchen area. I brought my own toiletries, but there was small bar hand soap and shampoo. I loved shopping in town and came home with a full car! Ate at 111 Main St. Bistro - excellent and Perry St. Brasserie....so -so. Had a burger for lunch at Paradise - good. It was my first trip to Galena and I will happily return when it is warm so I can golf.

Room Tip: I looked at the pictures on the main website of the resort and then called the 800 number. Young lady who helped me was very knowledgeable and offered guidance.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coppertonewillcall

Good Evening

Wow thank you for such a great review on our resort. We truly appreciate our guests sending these reviews not only for the great experiences but also for the ones that help us continue to offer the services and amenities that keep us as one of the best resort s in the Midwest.

You mentioned coming back when it gets a little warmer to play golf…. Well that time is right around the corner. Our golf courses are opening next week April 7th and each week a new course will open until all 63 holes are ready to play by April 21st.

Our grounds crew have been working hard during the off season to prepare what we believe will be a spectacular year for golf in 2014 and we are looking forward to you taking advantage of our courses and great packages.

See you soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary weekend celebration at Eagle Ridge in one of the 1-bedroom townhomes. The townhome was beautifully decorated and very spacious: full kitchen, sectional couch w fireplace in living room, and a huge king size bed. Our favorite part was all of the windows! Amazing views from every room. The living room and bedroom faced the lake, so pretty. Our location was # LA14. When we arrived I discovered there was not a DVD player in the room which was problematic cause I had made a wedding DVD for my husband. I called the front desk and maintenance delivered one within 30 mins. We ordered room service one afternoon for a late lunch which was good and reasonably priced. The pool in the main lodge is huge with a basketball net, sauna, steam room, and even a tv! We had lunch at Paisanos, excellent food and very nice people. There was a pumpkin patch w free pumpkins for guests and a general store which stocked everything u could possibly need. Outside of the resort, we went to downtown Galena for PT Murphy's magic Show! It's a MUST see!! Had dinner at the Log Cabin which was the best meal we have had in a very long time. I highly recommend the surf & turf. We
had lunch at Goobies. More good food. And spent several hours walking around looking at all of the unique shops. Overall, I'm very pleased with the accommodations and service at Eagle Ridge and really enjoyed Galena as a whole. Definitely an anniversary to remember!!!

• Stayed: October 2013