“Don't be fooled by the Chestnut Mountain website!”

Chestnut Mountain Resort
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Galena
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't be fooled by the Chestnut Mountain website!”
Reviewed 23 September 2003

Looking at the website, I was impressed by the way the Chestnut Mountain Resort appeared. My husband and I had planned a getaway for our anniversary, and we made reservations for this hotel. When we checked in we walked up to our room, all the while smelling a horrible "boiled-vegetable" smell. We tried to convince ourselves that it was the nature of the ski resort. The room was an even worse smell! The carpets were filthy. There was a sign that said the toilet had been sanitized, but I have my doubts. We tried to chalk it up as we're easygoing people, and went down to the pool area to enjoy the hottub. Much to our dismay, the hot tub was dirty and cold and was clearly out of order. I went to the front desk and was told that it had been broken for a few days but the part was on its way. We did not have a very pleasant stay at Chestnut Mountain. Did I mention that they do not have comment cards?

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 18 October 2002

We go there twice a year. The scenery is awesome and the staff creates a very comfortable atmoshere.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2002

I went there about two/three years ago and I had the best time ever! The slopes are just the right size for beginners or experienced people. The resort was really nice too! They have nice rooms and also a nice pool and a jakuzzi. I went there with a couple friends and we had the best time, lots of fun and lots of things to do.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Galena hotels
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Worldmark Galena
Worldmark Galena
#8 of 11 in Galena

Been to Chestnut Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Chestnut Mountain Resort

Property: Chestnut Mountain Resort
Address: 8700 Chestnut Dr, Galena, IL 61036-8787
Region: United States > Illinois > Galena
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Chestnut Mountain Resort 3*
Only in the Midwest will you find such an unexpected diamond in the rough. High above the Mississippi, tucked nicely in the hills near historic Galena, Chestnut Mountain is a premier Illinois. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HRS and Priceline so you can book your Chestnut Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chestnut Mountain Galena